Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried that with 3 25.5" monitors. Couldn't deal with the bezels. Sold them and went with 1 high resolution display

I barely even notice the bezels on my Dells anymore and there's no way I'd give up the screen real estate for whatever minimal/nearly non-existent annoyance the bezels could ever be.

I barely even notice the bezels on my Dells anymore and there's no way I'd give up the screen real estate for whatever minimal/nearly non-existent annoyance the bezels could ever be.

Thats probably because you have 3 2560x1600 IPS monitors, no real way to go up in quality and resolution.
I went from 3 crap TN 1920x1200 panels to a single 27" 2560x1440 IPS panel. I only lost 50% of my real estate which was empty 90% of the time.

I still get by with one 20' panel. Tried adding a 24' but it didn't work out.

my setups

DSC01560.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01549.jpg

weekends:
DSC01527.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

DSC01521.jpg

Audirs, you have two great setups. Seems cozy. How do you like that big chair?

co·zy   
[koh-zee] Show IPA
adjective, -zi·er, -zi·est, noun, plural -zies, verb, -zied, -zy·ing.
–adjective
1. snugly warm and comfortable: a cozy little house.
2. Audirs' Setup

lol thanks for the compliments. yes the couch setup is very cozy, thats a pretty good word to describe it. its a great setup with the 5.1 speakers, just melt into the chair and blast some awesome digital audio :D

the background is actually part of a windows 7 android theme, here is the link to install the theme pack, it changes some icons around and also changes start/shutdown sounds. clicky

here is just that image, it re sizes nicely, so can be used for any res more or less
android18vikitech.jpg

and no i dont dev for android, although that would be awesome. i just love the platform :D

Last edited:
that would be an XFX 750W black edition that i am sleeving. i havent posted the worklog over here, but i will most likely once its all done. worklog

DSC01534.jpg

Got it on sale for $2K (including 3D BR player and 3D Starter kit), love this TV, definitely won't be replacing it anytime soon. It's about the biggest I can fit in this room anyway.

Got it on sale for $2K (including 3D BR player and 3D Starter kit), love this TV, definitely won't be replacing it anytime soon. It's about the biggest I can fit in this room anyway.

You say that now. Thought my 58" was big for a couple months, now wish I'd sprung for the 63" :).

Maybe for the living room, but any bigger than the current 52" then I'll spring for a projector lol.

I've has like 4 different keyboard/mouse/monitor combos since the earlier picture but I was looking back and when I found the 2004 picture I was really surprised to see the similarities to my current setup. Apple needs to release an aluminum keyboard with black keys to match the ACD.

sunday football.

one game on fox
one game on cbs
one game on red zone
one game streaming from direct tv to an out of market game.

tv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back