Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My setup, Just got a replacement TV today from Sharp.
The original one purchased last year had a vertical line of blue pixels appear near the middle of the screen.
They upgraded my 120hz, 1080p, 46" LCD to a 120hz, 1080p, 46", LED LCD, Quattron 0 cost to me.
I do notice a difference the colors especially the yellow spectrum are far more vibrant.
And the monitor is a u2711.
Room1.jpg

Room2.jpg

Interested on that too... and on where he got 'em :D

I miss having lights behind my monitor, but my AMBX systems crapped out (both wallwashers mainly) and since the system is not getting supported anymore im not getting a new one :(

The lights in question are from Ikea, they are called Dioder and work quite well at lighting up the space behind your monitors.

I used 3m stuff on my monitors so it doesn't leave any residue behind when I go and peel them off in the future. :D

Finally got my new 24inch monitor yesterday, spent the last few hours hooking it up and setting up display fusion to work properly.
So here's 2 pics, first is with the blinds to the room open, second is with the blinds closed and blue lights on.
Oh yeah, going from left to right, The 17inch monitor is my 2nd computer, then the 24inch and 19inch monitor are my main computer, then my laptop beside that.
Packy_Computer1.JPG

Packy_Computer2.JPG

Very interesting. What do you do with this 'workstation'?:)

I work at it :confused: that is actually in what I call a clean state. normally it is covered with stuff for work, sketches, various computer parts, sometimes a cat on the desk, dog below.

takes waaaaaay to much work to make it photo shoot worthy.

beautiful office! what happen to that harddrive?

I believe it's now an analog clock. Could be wrong though.

Looks like it was turned into a clock!

Yup that's a hard drive turned clock :). Bought it on etsy from this seller.

@jakuum can you post a link to that desk, please?

It's this desk from Office Depot. Great desk for the price.

I'm fairly certain we have the same stand. Is that stand this Planar from Newegg?

Yup same exact stand. Buy.com had it on sale or something for $90. Looks like it's gone up price since then :(.

The "B4" and "Now" pics of your rig seem the same, what am I missing?

As for the rest, holy shit. What are those, consumer 32" LCD TVs running 1080p each? Why is the center different, is that a 120hz model for when you want to play 3D?

@andrelmaraujo,

Very attractive! So are those 280s and your running with Surround off driving the four monitors separately? I'm trying to figure out how to lay out a 4th monitor in the form of a 32" TV myself, just not sure where to put it.

The "B4" and "Now" pics of your rig seem the same, what am I missing?

As for the rest, holy shit. What are those, consumer 32" LCD TVs running 1080p each? Why is the center different, is that a 120hz model for when you want to play 3D?

"now" there´s another vga (gt210), different fans and tow ssd´s :D

They are 22"... 32" FulHD here in Brasil are too expensive :D.. and yes.. the top is a T240M (1920x1200) and the center is a 2233RZ, for 3D Gaming.

:D

heatlesssun said:
@andrelmaraujo,

Very attractive! So are those 280s and your running with Surround off driving the four monitors separately? I'm trying to figure out how to lay out a 4th monitor in the form of a 32" TV myself, just not sure where to put it.

Thanks!
No, they are 260 216 PoV Exo... If I put the 3x22" at the SLi and left the T240M in the GT210, disable the GT210, turn on the Surround and renable the GT210, I can get the Surround and the 24" Working... but i´m not using the Surround because the center 2233RZ is in 120Hz.

ar09 said:
@andrelmaraujo nice!! what your specs?

Next month i´ll get the I920 combo, with 12GB Dominator and a P6T6 WS Revolution mobo... thinking about a 470 SLi too, but for now there is my specs:

|Stacker830|Galaxy DxX 1KW|XFX 780i|Q6600@H50|8GB GSkill|SLi GTx260 eXo+GT210
|T240M.2233Rz.2xL226WT|Pinnacle 510|Edifier E1100|Philips HP2500&SRM5100|MS5000
|2x SSD Raid0+ 2x 320GB Raid1+ 2x 80GB Raid0|XCraft&160GB|XBox Controller|2x APC1500

Yup same exact stand. Buy.com had it on sale or something for $90. Looks like it's gone up price since then :(.

I got mine for $110 at Newegg with an online coupon a few months ago. I love it...even with the giant foot, it practically disappears into a desk. It also provides a great place for DnD minis :D

29225_385543280988_606640988_4360332_1170459_n.jpg

29225_385543270988_606640988_4360331_3611300_n.jpg

Yay, moved 3 weeks ago into a bigger place, so no more pc in the living room. So naturally I needed a new desk. Just a fairly cheap one, love the kb pullout width. It accommodates big monitors like mine behind the hutch with a slot in one of the pillars, but the distance was straining my eyes so I put it in front. Need a HQ one anyway, also need to get the other pc back together for visitors, and clean up the wires.

desk1hh.jpg

desk2rn.jpg

desk3m.jpg

I long for the day I can get my computer out of the living room and into it's own room .

Am I the only one who looked at the last pic beavermana posted and wondered, "why is his old school antec/chieftec dragon upside down?"...

Am I the only one who looked at the last pic beavermana posted and wondered, "why is his old school antec/chieftec dragon upside down?"...

Either I'm blind or your seeing things. I don't see a Dragon anywhere in that picture. All I see is the CD holder on the left which sort of looks like a Dragon upside down.;)

Nice desk and amazing mousepad.. or should I type "deskpad" ? :D

Yea I thought the Fatpad/Supermats were big haha, saw the RipperXXL posted on someones workstation in the 2009 thread like a year ago, just bought it when I moved.

I long for the day I can get my computer out of the living room and into it's own room .

I feel ya, the only thing I miss is having the 47" led tv plugged up to it. But I guess that means I need another TV for my office :D.

BeavermanA, what desk is this? Can you use the drawers on the right in the picture below without getting out of the chair? Also, can kb tray be mounted on the other (drawer) side? TIA

http://www.bestar2go.com/product/HJ...ar-Office-Furniture.aspx?cat=110A02A02-HJA147

Yea I can use the drawers fine, just spin around an open them. The whole desk can be assembled like a mirror image to how it stands now, but if you just wanted to take the kb tray and mount it on the other side where the drawers are now, you would need to remove the drawers unless you didn't mind a good portion of it going under the center platform.

Would be pretty easy to mount it wherever you want though, 4 screws is all it takes. They also sell the desk in an L-shape.

http://www.bestar2go.com/product/HJA146/L-Shaped-Computer-Desk-2915-by-Bestar-Office-Furniture.aspx

http://www.bestar2go.com/product/HJ...ar-Office-Furniture.aspx?cat=110A02A02-HJA147

Yea I can use the drawers fine, just spin around an open them. The whole desk can be assembled like a mirror image to how it stands now, but if you just wanted to take the kb tray and mount it on the other side where the drawers are now, you would need to remove the drawers unless you didn't mind a good portion of it going under the center platform.

Would be pretty easy to mount it wherever you want though, 4 screws is all it takes. They also sell the desk in an L-shape.

http://www.bestar2go.com/product/HJA146/L-Shaped-Computer-Desk-2915-by-Bestar-Office-Furniture.aspx

BeavermanA, thanks for the links .. looks like Bestar2Go has some decent tables at an Ok price. As far as quality and "solid feel" is their stuff something you "would definitely recommend to a friend"?

Yea I would recommend them to a friend. Feels plenty sturdy and looks good. Obviously not going to be the quality and finish of the $1000+ desks, but for the money this desk has everything I wanted. Definitely doesn't give me the cheap feel.

The only gripe I have is for the assembly. Quite a few holes are not pre-drilled for the screws, but some included screws were self-tapping so I used them to start the hole, then put in the correct ones. Still wasn't difficult to assemble though.

Look on Bing.com too, they have the same desks at other stores for around $389 after cb, free shipping no tax which is how I like it :).

i am thinking about going from my jerker to one of these wood desks. anyone agree?

I would never trade my jerker for one of those. But, I can't make that decision for you. Your needs/expectations may be different than mine. Although, I will admit. Not having any drawers on my jerker has been an issue. I solved it by buying those 'rubbermaid' units.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back