• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved my PS3 and smaller TV onto my desk.
353ct2o.png
 
Wow, easily one of the better setups I've seen


Mmmmmmm, 120hz eyefinity goodness.

Shame they aren't 1920 x 1200.
 
AC8nR.jpg


I moved the monitors forward a little because I didn't like the added depth of trying to hide the bezels.

i7-860 @ 2.8ghz (Haven't learned how to overclock yet)
XFX 5870 1gb @ 900mhz 10.6 drivers
4gb ram
Windows 7 x64
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless w/ blue cherries
Razer DeathAdder
3x Dell 24" ST2410
Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 headset

My Eyefinity setup is running with zero problems with two DVI and one DisplayPort to VGA adapter.

Here is what my wallpaper looks like. They are three separate images. The center one I found on the net, and the site two I 'shopped from the net
 
Finally got my Obutto Ozone! Here's my first setup pics, with just a single monitor. I also got the triple monitor mount, but I don't have the 2nd and 3rd monitors yet, so I'll install it later.

First, out with the old....


And in with the new!






One of the things that suprised me the most is that all of the bolts/nuts/washers were pre -matched so I didn't have to do any sorting. Totally awesome.

Also worth noting, I don't have the pedal tray installed as I don't currently have any need for it. So far, I'm totally impressed!
 
^ That's pretty sweet. :) Never heard of them until now. Something like that would be awesome for racing sims. I've got a G27, and don't get me wrong, it's great to use on my desk, but a computer chair and the way you sit at a desk isn't quite like sitting in a car, obviously. When it comes down to it, though, I don't really play enough to justify a whole separate setup just for racing games, haha. How's the seat on that, though?
 
Wow, easily one of the better setups I've seen


Mmmmmmm, 120hz eyefinity goodness.

Shame they aren't 1920 x 1200.


Thanks! Yes it kind of sucked not to be able to go to 24" 1920x1200 IPS panels but these Alienware's are about the best there are for 3D VS, I wish there were something better, I would have been willing to pay another $100 or so for an IPS panel, maybe a little more with the things were solid overall, but alas, I dream for a better tomorrow where a man can get at least 1920x1080 23" 120Hz IPS panel monitors!
 
Last edited:
Finally got my Obutto Ozone!
....
One of the things that suprised me the most is that all of the bolts/nuts/washers were pre -matched so I didn't have to do any sorting. Totally awesome.

Also worth noting, I don't have the pedal tray installed as I don't currently have any need for it. So far, I'm totally impressed!

Wow, very nice setups!
 
I'm curious as to what your temps are in the GPU department as well as the CPU

Highest CPU core temp hits 89C after an hour of Prime 95, which is high but I'm idling at 38C, so I'd say things just get a little hot when this baby it running flat out which isn't a shock and still within limits and this is a worse case scenario, it's really just going to happen pretty much no matter what you do you're just not going to peg six cores under any circumstance I can think of.

On the GPU side things seem to stabilize right around the 90C mark after an hour of Furmark. Now if you fold yeah you can can run these puppies pretty hard, it will be hot and loud on air for a lot of folks, for people like me its nothing that bad and haven't dealt with before.
 
^ That's pretty sweet. :) Never heard of them until now. Something like that would be awesome for racing sims. I've got a G27, and don't get me wrong, it's great to use on my desk, but a computer chair and the way you sit at a desk isn't quite like sitting in a car, obviously. When it comes down to it, though, I don't really play enough to justify a whole separate setup just for racing games, haha. How's the seat on that, though?

They outsourced an automotive seat, so it has your standard slide and recline options (it reclines all the way back if you want it to). It's been quite comfortable so far, and the headrest is plenty tall for me, and I'm 6'3". Just mounted the other monitor mounts and footrest/pedal tray, now i'm just saving up for two more acer 3d lcd's ;)
 
Ultimately the changes happened under my desk...I replaced my aging P4 mid-tower development with a new mATX Celeron E3300 box.

Don't have a great shot of before, but if you look under the desk in this photo you can see the server:
DSC_9769.JPG


And here's an after shot.
IMG_0954.JPG


Build details are in this thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1530491

The rack the server sits on I actually made. I wanted to pick up that particular metal shelving at Ikea yesterday and realized that I don't need a 36" three-shelf setup where I wanted it. So I broke out my hacksaw and trimmed 6 inches off each post and made a small shelf for the server to get it off the floor. I thought it was pretty clever.
 
no desk workstation


and when i need a quick desk, i slide a laptop desk in



I can basically adjust both monitors, keyboard tray and chair perfectly. (desk got in the way)
 
Took some quick pix of my new setup..

dopesauceroom009.jpg


dopesauceroom014.jpg


dopesauceroom004.jpg


dopesauceroom003.jpg


dopesauceroom002.jpg


dopesauceroom005.jpg


my gf thinks im insane, lol
 
it just gets messy again haha, and yeah. i just cant believe for the first time ever i went with an OEM.

:shrug: for $599 at BB and threw a cheap used 8800 in it off hard, cant bea tit
 
Some of the prebuilts can be nice. I just really enjoy the fun of getting all the components separate and putting everything together. That's where the fun lies in computers. (At least for me)
 
Some of the prebuilts can be nice. I just really enjoy the fun of getting all the components separate and putting everything together. That's where the fun lies in computers. (At least for me)

Same but I wanted something same day :( lol.

Impatience gets the better of me constantly.
 
Sweet . . . I just got my Embody chair in Mango a few days ago. Will post photos of the complete office remodel in a few days once everything's done.
 
I see you are fully equipped with the Easy button. :D

And is that a pipe holding up your headset?
 
I see you are fully equipped with the Easy button.

And is that a pipe holding up your headset?

Gotta have the Easy button!

And yes, that's a pipe headphone stand. I built that probably 5-6 years ago. Took some white PVC pipe, an elbow joint, and just screwed them together. After that I hot glued them to a piece of wood for a base. The part the headphones rest on is craft vinyl with cotton balls underneath for padding. Finally I hit it with a coat of krylon flat black. Come to think of it, that should probably go in "ghetto mods" hahaha.
 
Gotta have the Easy button!

And yes, that's a pipe headphone stand. I built that probably 5-6 years ago. Took some white PVC pipe, an elbow joint, and just screwed them together. After that I hot glued them to a piece of wood for a base. The part the headphones rest on is craft vinyl with cotton balls underneath for padding. Finally I hit it with a coat of krylon flat black. Come to think of it, that should probably go in "ghetto mods" hahaha.

Sennheiser FTW, what headphone amp that you're using?
 
Sennheiser FTW, what headphone amp that you're using?

It's a Ray Samuels Audio Hornet-M. I've been tossing around the idea of getting a dedicated desk amp such as the Matrix M-Stage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top