Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she has a twin sister let me know, too. Just my luck, I would get the crazy one :) Always happens

These are the before shots, the after shots I take tonight will show the 3008wfp that replaced my 3007wfp-hc, and moved the 3007wfp-hc to the server on the right.

And I hate to admit it, but I bought an iPad and a HD5870. This was an expensive month.

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

Where did you get that white mouse/keyboard pad/mate from, whats the mark/brand? (sry 4 bad eng)

photo.php

This is my setup, i was always interested in computer rigs etc
by the way do let me know if u cant see my setup, as i said i am new here lol :)

I don't think you can display a picture from Facebook. Try saving it locally and then uploading it to a site like imageshack.us

Wolf, there is a badass flatscreen in there somewhere, too. I know it. Let's see it, I need to show off the living room as well with my new 60 inch LCD.
HA! Actually, there used to be a big home theater setup with a 50" LCD, but I sold it about a year and a half ago. I spend about 75-85% of my time in front of the PC and hardly ever turned on the TV. So, I consolidated everything into my PC and dumped the 50", surround speakers, stands, etc. I use my 3008WFP for all my HDTV, DVDs, videos, etc. It works a lot better for me.

April update: got the third LCD in . . . but can't find the damned AMD eyefinity dongle in stock anywhere so the 3rd screen can't be put into use yet. Replaced the gigantic HP with a much sleeker Epson Artisan. Moved the FT02 under the desk (which is a shame) to make room for the screens. Just have to finish up the wiring in the back and I should be set for awhile.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/...eyefinity1.jpg

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/...eyefinity2.jpg

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/...eyefinity3.jpg/QUOTE]

HOLY MOTHER OF ALL COMPUTERS, THATS AN AMAZING COMPUTER SETUP!

Thanks, man! Here's another pic of my place. Not pictured (on the right) are the main bedroom area, 2 bathrooms, and a smaller room where all my workout stuff is located. My loft is about 1700 sq. ft., top floor of a 4-story building. Can't believe I've been here over 6 years.

DSCF0144.jpg

I'm so digging that Industrial look.

Woot!! Jerkers, Lian Lis and rack frames?!!!!!!!!!!

I love this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

LOL, a majority of the fun stuff is in the utility room just off of my room.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

serverrack.jpg

Desktop case is a Ubuntu Server running iptables as the firewall
Silver Lian Li Tower is a FreeNAS server with 6TB?
Black Lian Li Tower is running VMWare ESXi with legit copies of Server 2008, Server 2003, Ubuntu Server 9.10, Windows XP and Windows 7
Also in there is a 24 port switch, a couple WAP's, Cisco 2600 router, Cisco ASA for VPN tunnel to the office with VOIP etc, 5 Port Linksys switch and Cable modem.

The racks in my room contain Amateur Radios, home built antenna patches, amplifiers, 12v power supplies, 3 100 Ah batteris, an XP box for bring everything back online after power work etc and an area to work on clients machines.

Only true in particular cases. The American dream is a myth.

I don't believe that.

I'm not rich by any means. I have 5 kids that take up a majority of my money. Most of what I have is used and has been accumulated over a long period of time. Just a matter of being out of debt and having cash when deals come up.

I don't believe that.

I'm not rich by any means. I have 5 kids that take up a majority of my money. Most of what I have is used and has been accumulated over a long period of time. Just a matter of being out of debt and having cash when deals come up.

try and utilise your money? thats what i do, even tho im 24 and still go uni

what make are those three monitors and how can you connect them to one computer?
ive got an imac, and i want to add two screens on the side and connect them to my imac, is it possible?

I don't know if an imac allows that or not, But my PC has two GTX 285s I connect them to. The 3008wfp and one of the 2007fp's are on one, and the other 2007fp and the LCD on the wall is on the other.

I sense an iPad.

you are correct, I thought it was the biggest waste of money I have ever seen. Then I played with one at an Apple store and bought it on the spot. Yes, it's a waste of money, but I sure enjoy it while I am laying on the couch. And I have high hopes of software being able to control my home theater PC

try and utilise your money? thats what i do, even tho im 24 and still go uni

I went to school, college, graduate school, didn't get anyone pregnant and now waste my money on myself - pushing off my girlfriend wanting an engagement ring. I highly suggest the same. Business degrees are easy to come by, I highly suggest science and mathematics degrees.

And looking at the pictures make that desk look really small. That is a huge desk, its almost 7 feet the long way. My monitors dwarf it.

Last edited:
I don't know if an imac allows that or not, But my PC has two GTX 285s I connect them to. The 3008wfp and one of the 2007fp's are on one, and the other 2007fp and the LCD on the wall is on the other.

you are correct, I thought it was the biggest waste of money I have ever seen. Then I played with one at an Apple store and bought it on the spot. Yes, it's a waste of money, but I sure enjoy it while I am laying on the couch. And I have high hopes of software being able to control my home theater PC

I went to school, college, graduate school, didn't get anyone pregnant and now waste my money on myself - pushing off my girlfriend wanting an engagement ring. I highly suggest the same. Business degrees are easy to come by, I highly suggest science and mathematics degrees.

And looking at the pictures make that desk look really small. That is a huge desk, its almost 7 feet the long way. My monitors are dwarf it.

im going to join my dads business and im in uni doing business administration, well in second year now.......but when im married, i want to have a setup like how batman has it in the batcave, from batman beyond series, lol i know its a bit extreme but its kick ass cool lol:D

you know if you make a mistake on the comment and you want to delete your own comment, how do you delete it? because ive made a mistake and i want to delete that comment.

you can edit it only, or pm the mod for this section to have them delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back