• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not gonna go through this again, are we? Some people don't have the room to set up 5.1 speakers "correctly". And if they do, you have to think about where ones desk is located relative to the room. In the corner? Center? Then you might ask, "Ok, fine...why did they buy a 5.1 setup then if they can't utilize it properly?". The answer is simple...5.1 setups can be had for cheap. Why settle for a 2.1 system at the same price? You can always utilize its full potential once you get the space requirements down and all that good stuff. ;)

Exactly as I would have put it, it is just something that always pops into my head when i see pics of setups with the rears right next to the fronts. I am, however, surprised at how many people don't know about correct speaker placement (not so much on this site thought :) )

On a 5.1 system note, if anyone is looking for a cheap (read: under $100) way to get into the surround sound game, I highly recommend looking to craigslist and garage sales for speakers and a receiver. I have assembled a great 5.1 system for much less that 100 bucks -

Components include:

Kenwood 100watt old school receiver (I use the 6 channel direct setting) with built in subwoofer amp


DLK Model 1 1/2 Speakers and DLK non-powered sub (12 inch). These speakers are much older than I am (I just turned 21, and these were origially made in 1972(ish))




Small KLH bookshelf speakers (mounted slightly above ear level with custom made home depot special stands)




and an xfi xtremegamer (i guess that pushes the total cost a little over 100, but i had the card prior to my 5.1 upgrade from the klipsh promedia 2.1's)


seat-belted in for saftey :)
 
Just got moved to a new office at work today...after spending two years in cubes, and then nearly three years in an interior office, I FINALLY got moved to a window office. 8th floor. They also FINALLY FINALLY took away that huge-ass CRT I was using as a primary monitor. I'm still waiting for another LCD, but I'm loving the setup so far. Here are some crappy cell-phone pics:

27114_376757685988_606640988_4138698_7878471_n.jpg


And here are two pictures showing what is sitting right in front of the window, since you can't really see it in the first pic:

27114_376785890988_606640988_4138929_1524364_n.jpg


27114_376785895988_606640988_4138930_371466_n.jpg


And, since I didn't want to take a picture of a picture of the fiancee that is taped to the window frame above the "Gamer Army" postcard (not that any of you likely care, heh):

16444_167662695988_606640988_3257983_3165162_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
hard lemonade? really? thats a girls drink man, go out and buy yourself some Budweiser and then re post this pic. That's a mans beer.

it is strong and it isnt a beer, why do so many guys think a mixed style drink is only for girls... i notice they get you buzzed and drunk a hell of alot faster then beer does and often taste alot better..

So want to talk about man drinks, screw your beer and get some whiskey on the rocks... tuff guy!
 
it is strong and it isnt a beer, why do so many guys think a mixed style drink is only for girls... i notice they get you buzzed and drunk a hell of alot faster then beer does and often taste alot better..

So want to talk about man drinks, screw your beer and get some whiskey on the rocks... tuff guy!


Screw the rocks, REAL men drink it at room temp... :cool:
 
Screw the rocks, REAL men drink it at room temp... :cool:

THIS.

We have a rule in our house...the ONLY way you are drinking some of our whiskey is if it is at room temp and unmixed. If you want liquor that is mixed or cooled, you are getting something else.

We don't drink much (a fifth of liquor will last us 3-6 months), but when we drink, we do it proper :)
 
THIS.

We have a rule in our house...the ONLY way you are drinking some of our whiskey is if it is at room temp and unmixed. If you want liquor that is mixed or cooled, you are getting something else.

We don't drink much (a fifth of liquor will last us 3-6 months), but when we drink, we do it proper :)

urg no way, who the hell wants to taste it? i drink to get drunk, not torture myself. i mainly drink rum and coke but if i am going to drink a liquor straight ill take shots. sippin on whiskey for an hour isent going to do much.

and yes "girly" drinks have a higher lvl of alc in them then ur average beer BUT they are way to sweet for my taste.
 
urg no way, who the hell wants to taste it? i drink to get drunk, not torture myself. i mainly drink rum and coke but if i am going to drink a liquor straight ill take shots. sippin on whiskey for an hour isent going to do much.

and yes "girly" drinks have a higher lvl of alc in them then ur average beer BUT they are way to sweet for my taste.

I guess that's the difference...we rarely drink with the intention of getting drunk. In fact, unless you see us break out the Jägermeister, it's pretty much guaranteed we aren't going to get sloshed.

We're definitely drinkers of the "sip and savor" variety :)
 
27114_376785890988_606640988_4138929_1524364_n.jpg


strong bad is awesome... plus let not forget teen girl squad... lol I think thats right...
 
it is strong and it isnt a beer, why do so many guys think a mixed style drink is only for girls... i notice they get you buzzed and drunk a hell of alot faster then beer does and often taste alot better..

So want to talk about man drinks, screw your beer and get some whiskey on the rocks... tuff guy!

hahah Bud isn't even really a mans beer. I'll take Blue Moon over that any day.
 
Its been a year or two since I last posted - been pretty busy, but finally did my upgrade.............

CURRENT VANTAGE SCORE: 33022
Asus VE25 24" Monitor
Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard
Razer Lachesis 4000dpi Laser Mouse
Razer eXactMat w/wrist rest
Logitech z-5300 THX 5.1 Speaker System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS
Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower Case
Silverstone ST1500 1500W PSU
Intel Core i7 975 Extreme @3.33Ghz (just got him running - will OC much further later)
......Swiftech Apogee XT CPU Water Block
......MCP355 Pump w/XSPC 10ml Reservoir Top
......Double 240 Rad w/2 Push 120mm & 2 Pull 120mm 90CFM 19db fans
EVGA Classified X58 3-Way SLI + PhysX motherboard
Mushkin 3x4GB Blackline 1600 DDR3 12GB RAM
PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
XFX GTX285 648M 1G DDR3 x3 in 3-Way SLI
XFX GTX285 648M 1G DDR3 x1 Dedicated PhysX
......HeatKiller GPU X2 Water Blocks x3
......MCP655 Pump with Bitspower mini Reservoir
......Stealth 360 Radiator with 3/120mm Push & 3/120mm 90CFM 19db Pull fans
300GB WD VelociRaptors in RAID 0 (OS)
1TB WD Caviar Black (Storage)
1TB Hitachi 7,200 RPM (Storage)
640 WD Caviar Green (Storage)
74GB WD VelociRaptor
Pioneer BD + R/W DVD/CD-ROM
Asus R/W + Lightscribe DVD/CD-ROM
Scythe Kaze MasterFan controller x 2
7n1 Card Reader w/3.25 Floppy

Holy schnikeys... nice. I can't see the pictures because I'm in Afghanistan and image hosting sites are blocked... =(

I'm assuming that you know your cards are running at 8X instead of 16X though right? Edit: http://www.intel.com/Assets/Image/diagram/X58_blockdiagram.gif
The X58 only hosts 36 pipelines to PCIE 2.0. I hope to be building a similar PC when the "X68" chipset comes out probably in 2011.
 
Last edited:
Holy schnikeys... nice. I can't see the pictures because I'm in Afghanistan and image hosting sites are blocked... =(
Here is a zip file (18MB) of a few choice shots of "Frank" if you can reach this site:
http://www.badongo.com/file/21529486
and a teaser here if you can see this picture:
Frank006.jpg

I'm assuming that you know your cards are running at 8X instead of 16X though right? Edit: http://www.intel.com/Assets/Image/diagram/X58_blockdiagram.gif
The X58 only hosts 36 pipelines to PCIE 2.0. I hope to be building a similar PC when the "X68" chipset comes out probably in 2011.
From what I understand (and I have been known to be wrong b4):
GPU 1 - Runs @ 16x
GPU 2 - Runs @ 8x
GPU 3 - Dedicated PhysX runs @ 8x
GPU 4 - Runs @ 8x

I could be wrong about those speeds, but I did notice a major jump in improvement when I went from 3-way SLI to 3-way with PhysX, so no matter what it is running at, it still is flat out smokin fast on FPS rates. When I can get consistent 47+ FPS in Crysis with everything on VERY HIGH and 16xQ AA with a 1920x1080 resolution - whatever they are running at, let em roll...........

Once I get the last GPU with the correct water block end on it - then I should see a significant improvement. While benching before I saw the one on air hit 80c+ while the rest were sitting pretty at 35c, so the last GPU will be water blocked within the week as well.

I have also ordered the Mosfet and NB/SB water blocks to do it up right. And I also ordered sleeved extenders for the power cables so they dress in nicely as well.
 
Here is a zip file (18MB) of a few choice shots of "Frank" if you can reach this site:
http://www.badongo.com/file/21529486
and a teaser here if you can see this picture:
Frank006.jpg


From what I understand (and I have been known to be wrong b4):
GPU 1 - Runs @ 16x
GPU 2 - Runs @ 8x
GPU 3 - Dedicated PhysX runs @ 8x
GPU 4 - Runs @ 8x

I could be wrong about those speeds, but I did notice a major jump in improvement when I went from 3-way SLI to 3-way with PhysX, so no matter what it is running at, it still is flat out smokin fast on FPS rates. When I can get consistent 47+ FPS in Crysis with everything on VERY HIGH and 16xQ AA with a 1920x1080 resolution - whatever they are running at, let em roll...........

Once I get the last GPU with the correct water block end on it - then I should see a significant improvement. While benching before I saw the one on air hit 80c+ while the rest were sitting pretty at 35c, so the last GPU will be water blocked within the week as well.

I have also ordered the Mosfet and NB/SB water blocks to do it up right. And I also ordered sleeved extenders for the power cables so they dress in nicely as well.

"Afghanistan (USFOR-A) Combined Joint Operating Area (CJOA) Content Access Restriction: Access to destination sites categorized as Online Storage have been determined to expose the USFOR-A networks to an unacceptable level of risk for routine use or are explicitly prohibited by policy."

Oh how I love that message.... NOT. I was able to view the JPG.. great photo!

Refer to the chipset documentation I posted earlier. The X58 chipset incorperates 36 PCIe 2.0 lanes off of the X58 IOH, plus an additional 6 PCIe 1.0 lanes off the ICH. It's the PCIe 2.0 lanes that we're going to look at for GFX Cards.

Each x16 link may be divided among 16 lanes in any combinanion of x8, x4, x2 or x1 ports.

What this means is that with 4 way SLI, all 4 cards have to scale down to x8 because 8+8+8+16 = 40. X58 only supports 36 PCIe 2.0 pipelines. That last x16 card has to drop down to use fewer lane widths to fall within the 36 pipeline window 8+8+8+8 = 32 = ok.

Well, it's time for shift change. Thanks for the picture, I'd be interested to see more!!! I've never done water cooling either.
 
I'll have to post pics of my real workspace in a bit...as soon as it thaws out a bit...



(I swear that joke will be funnier when I upload pictures)
 
Last edited:
http://yfrog.com/1nimg0224qsj


http://yfrog.com/jaimg0225xj


This is my WORK-space. I work at a vet clinic in central Alabama and the Doctor I work for does a lot of artificial insemination...

So basically, I freeze and unfreeze semen samples...as well as running a few other tests. The tanks you guys see in the first picture are used for holding liquid nitrogen and suspending samples in them.

I'll post up pictures of my home workspace later...but I feel the forums need a few semen jokes thrown around...

GO!
 
Last edited:
1nimg0224qsj



jaimg0225xj



This is my WORK-space. I work at a vet clinic in central Alabama and the Doctor I work for does a lot of artificial insemination...

So basically, I freeze and unfreeze semen samples...as well as running a few other tests. The tanks you guys see in the first picture are used for holding liquid nitrogen and suspending samples in them.

I'll post up pictures of my home workspace later...but I feel the forums need a few semen jokes thrown around...

GO!

Um.....I don't see anything.............maybe it's magical semen and transparent aluminum tanks.
 
I didn't see them either . but i did click the link for them in my notification email and seen them.
 
Just got a new computer. If anyone noticed, I am the 12 year old from page 17. Not much has changed since I got my now computer. I did get rid of my Tivo, because I didn't use it much. Here are the pics:

PICT0171.jpg

PICT0172.jpg

PICT0173.jpg

PICT0174.jpg

My receivers:
IMG_4721.jpg

My front speakers:
IMG_4720.jpg

My rear speakers
IMG_4727.jpg

PICT0175.jpg

My computer is so new, I still havn't even taken the plastic off the case yet:
PICT0176.jpg

I know that the Intel stock cooler sucks, but I am not going to overclock, so there is no point in getting an new cooler.
PICT0185.jpg

G19 Keyboard and G9 Mouse:
PICT0189.jpg
 
Just got a new computer. If anyone noticed, I am the 12 year old from [url=http://hardforum.com


Sweet setup, kid! Are your parents adopting? I'm available!!!!!!!:D

Seriously, I have a 12 yr old nephew I plan on building something nice for in the summer. Like yours.
 
Sweet setup, kid! Are your parents adopting? I'm available!!!!!!!:D

Seriously, I have a 12 yr old nephew I plan on building something nice for in the summer. Like yours.

Haha. Actually, I payed for most of the things in my room, including the Computer, Top receiver, top and rear speakers, Asus monitor, rear speakers, Keyboard, and mouse.
 
Haha. Actually, I payed for most of the things in my room, including the Computer, Top receiver, top and rear speakers, Asus monitor, rear speakers, Keyboard, and mouse.

In that case, are you looking to be adopted? :D LOL

Your folks must be proud of your accomplishments. I know I am.
 
Haha. Actually, I payed for most of the things in my room, including the Computer, Top receiver, top and rear speakers, Asus monitor, rear speakers, Keyboard, and mouse.

How old do you have to be to work in your state/country?
 
Not a fan of external rads, make a case look real ugly and retarded like.
ya im not trying to be rude but on a truly powerfull pc where in the hell r u supossed to put it i mean somtimes you just dont have the space
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top