Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got all of this put together yesterday and today.

dsc03025p.jpg

dsc03027iu.jpg

The pictures of me building the machine can be seen here:

http://img706.imageshack.us/g/dsc02962s.jpg/

Last edited:
Hey Pao - long time, buddy - how's it going? I just moved everything over to a FT02 case and it's still messy. Hope to get photos up within the week.

What new toys have you gotten lately?

not much lately, still stick at W3520 w/ 4870x2 Xfire. i'm waiting for new i7 980XE and fermi to see which GPU i will go, and been in to hi-fi system which is cost me a lot lol.

anyway once i have all my gear delivered (nextweek) i will post the pic here

I haven't gotten to play with it too much yet, but I am really happy that the Dell DVI adapter seems to be working fine. I was really worried that I might get a bad one.

Hate to quote images, but I see alot of people using lights on the bottom of the shelf nowadays, To anyone that's done it, does it screw with your eyes? I think my eyes are quite sensitive to light, does this provide enough light without "staring at a bulb" effect? If I got some a dimmer would be essential

Hate to quote images, but I see alot of people using lights on the bottom of the shelf nowadays, To anyone that's done it, does it screw with your eyes? I think my eyes are quite sensitive to light, does this provide enough light without "staring at a bulb" effect? If I got some a dimmer would be essential

Remember that photos are often deceiving due to the exposure. I have 4 of the Ikea Dioder white strips stuck on the back of my 2 LCDs--provides an ambient white glow on the wall behind the screen, which actually helps a lot to prevent eye strain.

Obviously depending on where you put them gives you a different relation to them and they may bother your eyes more or less, but at least with mine they help prevent eye strain and migraines.

Note that the old halogen track lights on the wall are off in this pic:
4338036857_4831fcb0a2.jpg

4338039555_5550c1b4a2.jpg

No problems here. The lights I got (from Menards) have a diffuser on them. I was worried about getting a lot of light in the eyes too, but with the plastic diffuser in there the light is really bright, just not in your eyes.

IMG_0152.jpg

Sir_Poop_Alot: what is that thing which is besides keyboard? it looks like track ball but a comfy one lol..

^ I like the sub on the desk instead of under. I like them up high so you can hear them clearly.

Here's mine.

IMG_3706b.jpg

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/Spiko_bucket/IMG_1586.jpg

Going to go out on a limb and say you like the L4D and L4D2 series games along with TF2 and probably other Valve games. :D

Cool set up but didn't know they had the L4D2 posters out yet, at least not on Valve's store page.

^ I like the sub on the desk instead of under. I like them up high so you can hear them clearly.

Here's mine.

Yeah, definitely sounds better having it on the desk. I had it on the floor when I first got the system, but being a down-firing sub, the carpet muffled it a lot. It's a good little system though, probably the best 2.1 system I've ever bought (it was also under 40 bucks :p)

I wish my desks were as clean as some of your desks. It seems once I clean my desks off they are fucked the next day...

I wish my desks were as clean as some of your desks. It seems once I clean my desks off they are fucked the next day...

I'm sure 99% of the photos in this thread were taken just after cleaning, and not the next day :p

I'm sure 99% of the photos in this thread were taken just after cleaning, and not the next day :p

Actually my desk is always this clean. I can't stand having clutter around my computer. The rest of the room is a different story though...:p.

Actually my desk is always this clean. I can't stand having clutter around my computer. The rest of the room is a different story though...:p.

I feel the same way. My computer room is always spotless even if the rest of the house is a mess. It's like my own personal zen garden.

Might as well get this started now:

rmpwmu.jpg

dqr86f.jpg

21bnas3.jpg

aetnye.jpg

And as a bonus...my drawings:
2rysufm.jpg

if i could.. id add color to them drawing and use it as a graphic for my snowboard..

you got talent bro.

P.S.

i was also in a graduating class of 09!

if i could.. id add color to them drawing and use it as a graphic for my snowboard..

you got talent bro.

P.S.

i was also in a graduating class of 09!

Haha thanks for the compliment. I drew those when I was bored in a few summer classes last summer. My mom does more painting/craftsy stuff, and said if I did another drawing like those on a larger size surface, she would paint it. Though I'm lazy and I never really draw in my free time unless I'm sitting in a desk for 3 hours straight.

However, I should be getting a Wacom Bamboo tablet tomorrow, which means I can do digital drawings. I'll have to see how that works out :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back