Not open for further replies.
You should post the specs.

ci7 - 860
GA-P55M-UD2
2x2gb g.skill 1600
Apevia x-qboii w/500w psu
640gb western digital
9800gt 512mb

i sourced parts from forums, open box deals, had a few parts, and bought the case/psu new.
took me about 2 weeks to source all the parts.

and i don't have a backing plate for the motherboard, which drives me nuts.

Zentech, yes that is a very clean setup.
I noticed the bonsai tree, did you buy that or did you trim it back yourself?
I'd really like to do a few in my later years, but for now I'll just have to buy one.
...I guess I could start now and have some real gnarly mini trees in a few years :D

Zentech, yes that is a very clean setup.
I noticed the bonsai tree, did you buy that or did you trim it back yourself?
I'd really like to do a few in my later years, but for now I'll just have to buy one.
...I guess I could start now and have some real gnarly mini trees in a few years :D

thanks ballistic

bonsai...the zen in me loves them...the busy everyday person in me would probably kill a real one :D so i had to make a compromise..

here is where you can get 'em...later when you have the time and disposition to work with a real one, you'll be ready
http://www.nearlynatural.com/
something like this
http://www.nearlynatural.com/product-exec/product_id/257/nm/Japanese_Ficus_Bonsai_Tree_24_in

zentech, that is a beautiful setup. I'm really inspired now - I'm headed to college next semester and my school is pretty easy going about room upgrades, and has really nice spacious accommodations. I'm definitely going to look back at your setup for inspiration when I get there - it's gorgeous. Simple and functional.

24p9zq1.jpg

igghmd.jpg

fat214.jpg

2ccqzrd.jpg

Older mousepad on the left is used as a coaster :X

I've posted mine before, but I have bought a triple monitor stand ,adjusted the monitors and rearranged a little.

Not to mention I'm extremely board. I know I should work on the cables more,
but believe it or not I have hidden at least half of it when I set up the stand and I'm all cabled out right now .

keep1.jpg

keep2.jpg

keep3.jpg

keep4.jpg

keep5.jpg

Åndhrimnir;1035358048 said:
zentech, that is a beautiful setup. I'm really inspired now - I'm headed to college next semester and my school is pretty easy going about room upgrades, and has really nice spacious accommodations. I'm definitely going to look back at your setup for inspiration when I get there - it's gorgeous. Simple and functional.

thx!

you'd be surprised how small this room actually is - clean setups make rooms look much larger. if you are going to be in a dorm, it's the only way to go. for me, a clear workspace helps the 'flow' of things, be it work, reading, or web surfing.

i got much of my inspiration from these very threads when i came onto [H], so just passing it on!

Its the Chief KTA325B. Here is a little something that I threw together on the stand. The stand as I got it was $301.95. Link

Its the Chief KTA325B. Here is a little something that I threw together on the stand. The stand as I got it was $301.95. Link

Ohh. You are going to drive me to get another 25.5 Asus and pick up that mounting stand. Seeing how sturdy the Chief looks makes me really ill with my Monoprice arms that barely seem to hold up my 25.5 Asus monitors.
Thanks for posting that link with the pics of the Chief stand.

Great find, looks like if I end up moving next semester I'll buy that and do a similar setup. Right now I'm doing wall mounts which are not the best for getting a straight line across the top.

Thanks I think its Roman Orange if I remember right. Photo does not do it justice. My picture taking abilities are lacking.

Rogue, I had that exact desk before I redid my office. I love the way you modded the desk for holding components underneath. Props. I love the color as well!

Rogue, I had that exact desk before I redid my office. I love the way you modded the desk for holding components underneath. Props. I love the color as well!

Thanks. That desk is one of many Craigslist finds. $40. I took out the keyboard drawer and used the wood to make the Xbox shelf. I was worried about heat build up so I modded the fans to run on 12V along with a few other mods as well. No cooling problems now. The other side is a DVD/VHS player that feeds into my rig. I do video conversions on the side sometimes, (home movies and the like).

Dude that Desk is awesome. I'm always looking for a good desk on CL . but all I ever see are those cheap fake wood paper press board pieces of crap.

You lucky &%#$!#

I've posted mine before, but I have bought a triple monitor stand ,adjusted the monitors and rearranged a little.

but believe it or not I have hidden at least half of it when I set up the stand and I'm all cabled out right now .

keep1.jpg

Now THAT is a f-ing setup!

http://www.hickish.net/TEMP/WS2.jpg

Question: Why do you even have a tv if you have such a sweet projector setup?

Do you have any Idea what replaecment bulbs cost. Plus that projector is only 1024x768 native, gotta get my 1080p for everyday viewing,

Last edited:

That is a gorgeous setup you have there. Next big upgrade will definitely include a nice eyefinity setup. Very nice setup you have there though, props.

Do you have any Idea what replaecment bulbs cost. Plus that projector is only 1024x768 native, gotta get my 1080p for everyday viewing,

I actually don't find replacement bulbs to be a big deal, I haven't even gone through one yet and I'm a year in to mine.

I actually don't find replacement bulbs to be a big deal, I haven't even gone through one yet and I'm a year in to mine.

It does depend on usage, I blew mine within a year of blasting it very often at ''best image". Then again the replacement bulb is $250 for my 720p, which in the grand scheme of other PJ bulbs, is not bad at all.

...it's probably to keep the statue in line.

I really like the colors - the light/dark scheme works well with that setup.

I also spent most of the weekend setting up my new computer desk area and I must say it was worth the effort and time. I still need to get some new speakers for my setup on the right and move the printer on top down below so I will have room for my 2nd monitor when I get it but other than that.

Old setup (yes I know it is a complete mess lol ):
2jbwhts.jpg

30kvyma.jpg

New setup:
2zs4nr4.jpg

2u5z1xf.jpg

t5g0sx.jpg

Last edited:
ok im gonna say it... gun?

Why is it that anytime someone posts a picture of their desk and there's a pistol in the picture, someone has to make a comment? Are you anti-gun or do you just not think there's a legitimate reason to have a pistol on a desk?

Why is it that anytime someone posts a picture of their desk and there's a pistol in the picture, someone has to make a comment? Are you anti-gun or do you just not think there's a legitimate reason to have a pistol on a desk?

Agreed. Controlled media brainwashing maybe? Maybe some people haven't realized that they aren't working in the best interest of freedom.
countsheeps47x33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back