Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one rough looking desktop. How do you find everything?

haha it's actually really easy for me, the icon that i use are always at the same place :)
the others are actually some dummy file that are deleted when i don't have space anymore ;)

Here we go a lot better.
IMG_0019.jpg

First Post. My setup. 2 17" dells with a 24" Soyo hanging on a home built mount made from $30 worth of parts from home depot. System is a dell Q6600 on loan from my brother while I build a new I7 rig replacing my 8 year old P4.

IMG00026-20100104-2229.jpg

Sth is wrong in ur picture!
Hmm...
...wth Microwave... !! Whats the specs? ;P

LOL, thats an 800 watt Emerson MW, that puppy heats up mah ramen noodles like no-bodys business!

I'm awaiting a heed canamp and some akg 601s but it is more or less going to stay like this.

143zwr4.png

15fre3n.png

2ptruv4.png

First Post. My setup. 2 17" dells with a 24" Soyo hanging on a home built mount made from $30 worth of parts from home depot.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/hendri54/IMG00026-20100104-2229.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Mind showing more about the setup you have with those three monitors? I am interested in how you have it setup.

Here's my current setup. - sorry for low lighting.

17" CRT - Home surveillance cameras
20" & 27" LCD - Main PC, Gamer, i7 - rampage extreme, 12gb ram...
dual 23" - Secondary PC, Downloads - audio hooked up to receiver below PVR (not visible in pic)
32" XBR - also connected to secondary PC for movies.

Also running 6TB WHS on the right (headless)

CMhgq.jpg

Mind showing more about the setup you have with those three monitors? I am interested in how you have it setup.

I have the middle and right monitor connected to my main card and the left display is connected through an very old PCI graphics card. Both cards are ATI and just used CCC to set everything up. It was a PITA using the old PCI card and I ended up not being able to run the left monitor in portrit due to driver problems with XP SP3. This ended up being ok becasue I also use my left monitor to run my P4 system that I am replacing along with anything else I may have on the bench.

As for the mount construction. I went to home depot and bought some threded pipe, bases, tee's, conduit, and conduit supports. I bent the conduit on a vice and attached the conduit supports, drilled a set screw, made a couple of threaded VESA plates, and painted black and volilla, $30 mount. Couple things though; 1) it is not very elegant 2) The paint job sucks 3) Very diffcult to make adjustments and 4) It did not fit together that great (think big hammer). But all said and done it has been up for 2 years, looks great, and it saved me like $400. I will try and post a picture when I get home.

dual 23" - Secondary PC, Downloads - audio hooked up to receiver below PVR (not visible in pic)

CMhgq.jpg

By the gods, that is a armada of monitors. I would get lost of what is on what monitor.

I don't justify it.

I would say it's pretty full, 2 email clients always open, MSN and skype also always open. I guess I'm a desktop space whore.

By the gods, that is a armada of monitors. I would get lost of what is on what monitor.

I agree, a secondary monitor on the gaming rig seems like overkill, the only use i've found for one myself is on the game supreme commander where your minimap expands to the second monitor. If that secondary rig is anything like mine though, a second monitor doesn't hurt, or a third, or an additional tv :D. I'll have to snag some pictures soon.

I don't justify it.

I would say it's pretty full, 2 email clients always open, MSN and skype also always open. I guess I'm a desktop space whore.

Fair enough. :D

I agree, a secondary monitor on the gaming rig seems like overkill, the only use i've found for one myself is on the game supreme commander where your minimap expands to the second monitor. If that secondary rig is anything like mine though, a second monitor doesn't hurt, or a third, or an additional tv . I'll have to snag some pictures soon.

Maybe I'm just backwards from everybody else. Having a beefy machine only for gaming seems like a waste to me.:confused:

My Workstation with the SGI machine in-use.

img6108i.jpg

How things normally look, with the left most monitor in-use as a TV.

img6125k.jpg

img6158j.jpg

Wow, you guys have some crazy nice setups! Maybe one day six_storm . . . maybe one day . . . :(

I've been a lurker here for quite some time. First off, a big thanks to everyone who posts their pictures, as it has inspired me to think about making my workstations clean and tidy. Most of my setups are a hodgepodge of everyone else's great ideas! I always have plans for expansion (fiancee willing!) and hopefully I'll have another 19" monitor by the time next year's version of this thread is out!

About my setups. I have two! Yes, two! The first one is our main computer and gaming rig. All the specs are in the sig, plus a centurion 5 case that I hate to death, but am living with. I have that ikea wire hopper in the back of the desk, and no i won't show a pic of it, it's a complete mess (albeit a hidden mess!). I'm really happy with the cable management on both of them. I live in a very old apartment building and neither desks have outlets near by, so hiding heavy duty power cables was quite the task.

I have those shitty speakers because the only time they are used is when the fiancee watches 90210 on some streaming site. The headphones have a zalman clip on mic, and I took 9 feet of cable sleeving to make the two cords look very nice. Also, they don't get caught in the chairs wheels anymore, yay! This rig also streams all my movies/music/tv to the htpc in the living room. The 19" screen looks much better when you are sitting at the computer, but obviously a Hanns G TN doesn't have good viewing angles for these types of pics.

1020898.jpg

1020900.jpg

My second setup is my study room. It's in a glorified closet (~7'x6'). I'm in law school and needed a quiet place to read and study, and this room is it. It is basically a simple docking station for my macbook pro. I run it in clamshell on the Dell monitor. I have the extender for my power supply tacked to the desk so when I go to school I just take the brick and the shorty plug. This works really well because then I can hide the power strip that is back there and there is no struggle to plug in when I get home. Pretty bare bones, but it gets the job done!

1020895.jpg

1020897.jpg

Finally, not a workstation, but a quick pick of the htpc in the entertainment center. Great for watching movies and what not. 32" sharp tv, onkyo 606 and onkyo sks-ht540 speaker package. Nothing too fancy but I really like it. And yes, those ARE bunny ears! Bunny ears from ages ago. They are ugly as sin but give us high def network channels and more spanish home shopping shows than you could shake a burrito at.

img0110nf.jpg

Last edited:
I've been a lurker here for quite some time. First off, a big thanks to everyone who posts their pictures, as it has inspired me to think about making my workstations clean and tidy. Most of my setups are a hodgepodge of everyone else's great ideas! I always have plans for expansion (fiancee willing!) and hopefully I'll have another 19" monitor by the time next year's version of this thread is out!

Nice little setups you have there, ryken! Clean, uncluttered, just the way it should be:D

Why are you not using that Thermoright heatsink? :confused:

CMhgq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back