Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old workstation.
workstationx.jpg

Last edited:
I finally feel like I have a "workstation" worth posting.

The desk cabinets and bookshelves are custom made, laminate top, 2 pieces of 3/4" particle board make up the desktops, cabinet and drawers are made from Red Oak. The entire bonus room has the pine tongue and groove. Still working on some wall art etc. but I got all my cable management done so I definitely happy. Just need one more Dell 2407 and another 470 and I will be in NV surround heaven.

Pictures are a little washed out because of the flash, but you get the idea.

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

Cable Management down below. It's a little more cleaned up now with the server down there, but Daisy likes the open space ;)
IMG_1110.jpg

Main PC:
IMG_1123.jpg

Server:
IMG_1116.jpg

The desk cabinets and bookshelves are custom made, laminate top, 2 pieces of 3/4" particle board make up the desktops, cabinet and drawers are made from Red Oak. The entire bonus room has the pine tongue and groove. Still working on some wall art etc. but I got all my cable management done so I definitely happy. Just need one more Dell 2407 and another 470 and I will be in NV surround heaven.
Nice little man cave. I'm jealous. :p Great Job!

Forgive picture sizes and fuzz, taken with htc phone at work, didnt really have time to edit them. This is my workstation!

Images taken from left side going around my room to the right side.

IMAG00451.jpg

IMAG00461.jpg

IMAG00471.jpg

IMAG00481.jpg

XP on far left machine (Optiplex 960 under desk in first picture), MAC OSX Snow Leopard (Mac-mini) besides XP, Windows 7 Ultimate on Precision T3400, Windows 7 64-bit Pro on Vostro 3700 and the mini9 is actually running a total of 3 different itself, from a thumb drive, Ubuntu 10. something or other, Eesypeesy and Windows XP stripped down (via nLite to be just under 500mb's total in size on a 4GB ssd).

The smiloden isnt even seen on screen. It runs Windows Server 2008 and my SQL and ColdFusion production server.

Im suppost to be getting a new desk, at which point all my systems will be up on the desk with a 6 screen rectangle configuration, 2 rows, 3 columns.... I am getting a 3rd 24" monitor which will be the entire bottom row and I have the 3 22"s ready to go.

Last edited:
acutally no i dont......thats a dell ultrascann p990 trinitron beast of a fucking monitor and does 85hz in game with out problems

Quick revision:
img7840b.jpg

Sadly those bookshelf speakers had a vary large hump in the 125-250hz range that made music sound awful.
These little blue sky eXo's are great best of all the x-over for them is around 125-150Hz so I could toss the polks back into service again. need to hear how these sound before I do that though.

lol @ the mopads dwarfing them.

I've only heard people praise the blue sky monitors. I'm shocked I don't see more setups here with them. It is pretty slick how they match your monitor.

Cable Management down below. It's a little more cleaned up now with the server down there, but Daisy likes the open space ;)
IMG_1110.jpg

Your dog needs overclocking. Seems sluggish. :D

lol @ the mopads dwarfing them.

I've only heard people praise the blue sky monitors. I'm shocked I don't see more setups here with them. It is pretty slick how they match your monitor.

I figured the mopads would help cancel out early first reflections from the desk that would otherwise muddy up the sound. They seem to have done just that too :cool:

I had issues with the amp built into the sub when I first got them. First amp stopped powering up after like a month and a half (blowing fuses). Second amp was making some weird static out of one of the sats. Still rocking #3 with no more issues *knock on wood*. Pascal was very helpful and quick with resolving all the issues that I had with them.

Overall they are a great set of computer speakers. Very musical.

My actual workstation (at work):

2ynfqyv.jpg

Left monitor is running backtrack, middle and right are win 7, sorry for shitty quality (cell phone :( )

highlander, what are you doing with the uverse box? do you have it plugged into your monitor?

21n07bk.jpg

Here's my cluttered deployment workstation, the amount of dust my laptop sucks up is just obscene.

Here's my cluttered deployment workstation, the amount of dust my laptop sucks up is just obscene.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you are combining my two favorite things in the world, computers and guns (and even more specifically MAGPUL!), and from the looks of it you have quite the combat loadout. Quite the stack of P-Mags there, from here it looks like they are the new M type. Though a little surprised you aren't running a BAD lever on your M4, for only $20 it was one of the best things I did to my AR15.

Not to mention that M110 is pure sex.

http://i52.tinypic.com/21n07bk.jpg[/IMG

Here's my cluttered deployment workstation, the amount of dust my laptop sucks up is just obscene.[/QUOTE]

You keep all those guns there? Seriously looks like you just brought the laptop and chair there and took a pic. :p

The (vertical) legs are adjustable height (that's one of the appeals of the Galant desk). The legs of the L of the desktop -- this is configurable (with extensions and which side you add them on). I believe the configuration shown is 63" on the "speakers" side and 78 3/4" on the "printer" side.

You keep all those guns there? Seriously looks like you just brought the laptop and chair there and took a pic. :p

Heh, I live in a cozy Sealand container, don't have a whole lot of room in there for much else except my bed. Only got the one desk in the photo, and I keep everything there by the door so they don't get in the way and are easy to grab on my way out.

The (vertical) legs are adjustable height (that's one of the appeals of the Galant desk). The legs of the L of the desktop -- this is configurable (with extensions and which side you add them on). I believe the configuration shown is 63" on the "speakers" side and 78 3/4" on the "printer" side.

thanks dude for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back