• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe dave is referring to the mac in the other room as seen in pic 3. This was covered by the case in pic 2.

Anyway... rage less. The mac v pc is done to death. :S

Woops, allow me to remove my foot from my mouth :p
that sure does look like a imac to me as well.

None the less, who cares? I just love getting inspiration from this thread.

Can't post a pic of my setup yet. I've let my desk goto crap for the last 5 months with junk mail/bills that I just haven't had the chance to take care of.

I really hope to finally getting it done tomorrow, then pix will finally be posted :D :D :cool:
 
comps.jpg


Pretty underwhelming, but it has done the job for the last three years. Over the next two weeks I'm moving everything into a new room of the house. I'll be building a custom desk, and eventually upgrade the monitors on the Mac. Someday I'll upgrade the speakers as well...
 
desk3.png

DESK2.png

DESK.png


new desk! its alot better than my old corner desk that took up half my room
funny thing about this desk is that ive been looking for a much simpler one for a while
so i was on my way to the beach and there was a garage sale in an alley so i went to
check it out and i found this desk for only 20 bucks! verry good condition too
very happy
 
New to the forum, but long time lurker. Thought I would finally join as I do enjoy this forum very much.

Here is my modest setup. Not as elaborate or nice as some that are posted here, but it is mine and it works for now. :)





 
Last edited:
New to the forum, but long time lurker. Thought I would finally join as I do enjoy this forum very much.

Here is my modest setup. Not as elaborate or nice as some that are posted here, but it is mine and it works for now. :)






Take the th. out of the link. If it's smaller than 1000px it's fine to post it as is.
 
@WorldExclusive

EVGA X58 SLI LE
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66
12GB Corsair Dominator RAM
GeForce 285 GTX overclocked.
2ea 256GB Patriot WARP v2 SSD Hard Drives
1ea 1TB WD Hard Drive
Pioneer BD-ROM DVD/CD Writer

I built it as my gaming/work machine. I do quite a bit of lab building with VMware, hence the 12GB ram. Most of teh games I play are RPG type games, so I couldn't justify overclocking the processor or adding more than one video card.
 
new desk! its alot better than my old corner desk that took up half my room
funny thing about this desk is that ive been looking for a much simpler one for a while
so i was on my way to the beach and there was a garage sale in an alley so i went to
check it out and i found this desk for only 20 bucks! verry good condition too
very happy

A Jerker for 20 bux,im jealous man :p
 
No cool Ikea desks but it was only 15 used, add 12 bucks for the monitor shelf and its a win in my book.

KKcnyl.jpg


SpavG.jpg


0VI41.jpg


In the on one pic you can see my work computer as well. That is not in my sig, but is an Amd X2 3500+ i think.
 
newsetup3.jpg


That signum cable organizer goes a long way when it comes to taming cables.
 

You are getting a graphics card as well, right? As per your sig, you're running on-board graphics. You need a 5000 series board to use three displays.
of course, if you're not trying to run eyefinity then disregard this. My bad.....
 
You beat me to it . I was just going to comment on that to. Thats the best use of cinder blocks . Very ingenious indeed
 
You are getting a graphics card as well, right? As per your sig, you're running on-board graphics. You need a 5000 series board to use three displays.
of course, if you're not trying to run eyefinity then disregard this. My bad.....

Yeah i'm currently running board graphics, but I am ordering the ASUS ROG MATRIX 5870 in a week and the AMD Phenom II X4 945 in 3 weeks.
So after those two purchases I should be ok.
 
Yeah i'm currently running board graphics, but I am ordering the ASUS ROG MATRIX 5870 in a week and the AMD Phenom II X4 945 in 3 weeks.
So after those two purchases I should be ok.

Dont forget you'll have to get one of those fun adapters for display port to dvi
 
No room to properly place speakers?

Let's just assume that the answer is yes, instead of getting into one of these again. Every time someone posts their setup where the speakers are "placed wrong", it always comes down to space issues, etc, but someone always complains that "zomfg the speakers are wrong, idiot!!111one!".

Let's just save ourselves the trouble. ;)
 
I can't remember if I posted my setup in here yet this year or not, so here goes. Crappy image quality, I know, so save it. ;)

102_1968.jpg
102_1965.jpg
 
Figure this is the best place to ask. Does anyone know of a good place to buy a decent amount (10-20) of velcro cable ties for cheap? I've always used regular zip ties, which are fine until you have to remove/add a cable, and you have to cut them all and then put new ones on.
 
Nice setup, glad to see im not the only one with a "boring" HP keyboard (they rock)
 
Figure this is the best place to ask. Does anyone know of a good place to buy a decent amount (10-20) of velcro cable ties for cheap?

I've been using these from Office Max for several years now. The velcro is very thin (*isnt* hairy) and these ties aren't meant frequent re-use.

50 8" ties is a lot AND they're cheap. And five bucks is five bucks.
 
I've been using these from Office Max for several years now. The velcro is very thin (*isnt* hairy) and these ties aren't meant frequent re-use.

50 8" ties is a lot AND they're cheap. And five bucks is five bucks.

Ooh!! I need that. I'll have to mail order them, though. They closed the Office Max by me about 2 years ago.:(
 
haha I'm rocking a basic Dell Keyboard, at the house.. :D so no you aren't the only one. ;)

Those dell keyboards from the P4 era are indestructable man. I've had 2 of them rolling around the house for years. They just keep on going.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top