Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that the xonar software i see? if it is do you know where i can DL it? i cant seem to find it on asus website

this is a new set up im working on, sorry for the quality, my fiances phone sucks. just lookin for some ideas on how to cover up the wires running across the floor

sspx0452.jpg

By tonsoffun49, shot with SPH-M800 at 2009-09-12
sspx0451.jpg

sspx0450.jpg

just lookin for some ideas on how to cover up the wires running across the floor

If you can't put them under the carpet, you could try finding a large area rug to place there that will cover them up.

ok ill see what i could find. do you think putting those rolly mates down would look alright? i know they are seethru so i figured it would be pointless.

Just added a new DVD player and upgraded HD digital cable/DVR:

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

The Dell 3008WFP makes a great HDTV, too.

lawl thanks. Just really bugged that my ps3 went out, 150 flat rate for repair :/ might as well throw in another 150 and get a fresh one... oh, and I need a bigger all black flat ass tv that i can mount. run the wires through the walls just like i did with my speakers.

Probably do this thing: http://forums.vr-zone.com/audiophiles-htpc-corner/72184-very-clean-setup-mac-mini-pvr-42-plasma.html

since I have an extra mac mini laying around... Meaning I'll sell my TV stand. Hopefully you won't see a thing other than the TV on the wall. Ps3 and all that will be hidden somewhere ;)

EDIT: Oh and if I feel like saving up enough, another twin 24" or just an upgrade to a 30"
EDIT AGAIN: Still need wooden blinds, lazy as fk.

Last edited:
How d'you like the DiNovo Edge?

Like it a lot, pretty oldschool status now. Does what a keyboard should and some other handy pluses, no number pad though. Kind of want to try those Happy Hacking kb's... Only got the DiNovo Edge cause it's simple and wireless, black with silver trim; compliments my entire setup basically... webcam, speakers, monitor, mouse, kb, desk, bookshelf/lights, fan, tv... all black with silver trim heh.

My Workstation with the SGI machine in-use.

img6108i.jpg

How things normally look, with the left most monitor in-use as a TV.

img6125k.jpg

^^^ I like your set up zackwatt. You seem to like all the same things I do, flying magazine, top gear, fox news, and computers. Are you a pilot?

how is your neck with your monitor sitting so low on your desk?...I always wonder how people can do that.

img0182qm.jpg

how is your neck with your monitor sitting so low on your desk?...I always wonder how people can do that.

Normal? If you're a normal person and in good health, you sit still and move your eyes to view a screen... It really isn't difficult to roll your eyes down a little bit. Plus since the screen is all of the way back and further away from my seat; I have to look down less?

Why does everybody think that my monitor is low and affects my neck. When you sit all of the way at the top of a theatre vs sitting in the middle, the difference in elevation is several feet. Does your neck have to angle several feet also? neg.

Leaving the stand on would increase my monitors height by <5 inches. With a large monitor what's five inches?

Normal? If you're a normal person and in good health, you sit still and move your eyes to view a screen... It really isn't difficult to roll your eyes down a little bit. Plus since the screen is all of the way back and further away from my seat; I have to look down less?

Why does everybody think that my monitor is low and affects my neck. When you sit all of the way at the top of a theatre vs sitting in the middle, the difference in elevation is several feet. Does your neck have to angle several feet also? neg.

Leaving the stand on would increase my monitors height by <5 inches. With a large monitor what's five inches?

A lower monitor is a good thing! It's recommended to look down on a monitor than up at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back