Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah dude your room is kinda creeping the hell out of me too. Its like a rapists dream room.

honeslty i don't see anything wrong with the room. some people just like to collect anime toys the way i once collected star trek toys :)

honeslty i don't see anything wrong with the room. some people just like to collect anime toys the way i once collected star trek toys :)
different things for different people i guess unless you have a life size pillow of william shatner lol

Last edited:
If you had life sized pillows of a scantily clad Kirk, I think we'd all be just as creeped out.

A good camera is high on the list of priorities, so this poor quality iphone picture will have to do.
I'm new to this forum, and I have to say there are some pretty sweet setups here.
Hope to switch over from the 32" to dual 24" setup sometime in the future.
I like those shelves you built onto your Galant desk.

I'd hate to dig through 99 pages to find this, but would anyone happen to have the Ikea Fredrik Desk? I'd like to see it in a real life situation. :p

Thanks in advance.

73008pe189262s4.jpg

Just moved into a new apartment. Got a new TV as well, brand new Samsung 640 series. Got it hooked up to my PC and HD Cable TV. Woot! Love me some hockey in HD! Movies look great too, like the actors are right there in the room.

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

Yeah, well, they are the THX certified Logitech Z-2300s.

:rolleyes:

Take a trip over to the Computer Audio section, we'll show you why that statement means nothing. You think movies came alive with the screen? Wait till you graduate to real speakers. Even better.

Be warned, if you dare venture to the Computer Audio forum, prepare to bid farewell to all your disposable income... and your non-disposable income, eventually. You'll end up broke, single and malnourished, but your PC games will sound awesome!

:rolleyes:

Take a trip over to the Computer Audio section, we'll show you why that statement means nothing. You think movies came alive with the screen? Wait till you graduate to real speakers. Even better.

Unless you're rich, don't do it. DONT! RESIST!

Be warned, if you dare venture to the Computer Audio forum, prepare to bid farewell to all your disposable income... and your non-disposable income, eventually. You'll end up broke, single and malnourished, but your PC games will sound awesome!

That's why I never look inside that forum. Although I did find out about the cheap Insignias that sound so good for $50.

can someone give me the link to the audio forum you all are talking about. i cant find it

no i found that one. i thought there was a Mega Post one like this thread, where everyone post their audio setups. im not that slow

no i found that one. i thought there was a Mega Post one like this thread, where everyone post their audio setups. im not that slow

There was but it was like 160 pages, lots of pics missing and 5 years old. So, they started a new one

Its so funny seeing set ups from 2004. Tube tv's and the original xbox, I forgot about that black center block.

Thought I'd post my system with all these other great setups.

My-System1.jpg

what do you use all those systems for?

also i only see one keyboard do you do that on a software level or a hardware level if so what sort of software do you use?

cheers

Synergy? I forget how many that can handle.

synergy is'nt the best one out there though it hasn't been maintained since 2006 . its also very hard to setup properly.
i have used win2view witch uses vnc to work but i found it a bit buggy as i have a dual screen system as my main computer and wanted to use to to control my imac.

I dunno, I never looked into it much, Synergy was the only one I ever used for anything like that.

what do you use all those systems for?

also i only see one keyboard do you do that on a software level or a hardware level if so what sort of software do you use?

I do web design, video production and conversion, photo work, music editing and just about anything else i can. There is no one in this area that does any kind of computer based work so I have a monopoly on the market. I even do a bit of computer repair when I have time. Problem is that I am always swamped with work and I need all this to keep up.

The top ones are all servers and I wouldn't really need to have monitors on them but I like to see when and who is logging on.

I manage everything via a software level and used to use Synergy but also found it buggy. I use one called Input Director (freeware) and find it very easy to setup and use with lots more features then Synergy.

That's crazy. Hats off to your time management skill! That sounds and looks like a lot of work.

I do web design, video production and conversion, photo work, music editing and just about anything else i can. There is no one in this area that does any kind of computer based work so I have a monopoly on the market. I even do a bit of computer repair when I have time. Problem is that I am always swamped with work and I need all this to keep up.

The top ones are all servers and I wouldn't really need to have monitors on them but I like to see when and who is logging on.

I manage everything via a software level and used to use Synergy but also found it buggy. I use one called Input Director (freeware) and find it very easy to setup and use with lots more features then Synergy.

yea thats a cool we program unfortunately i had problems with it running in windows 7, and the main system i want to control is a mac.

good on you for liveing the dream though bro

Are you doing multiboxing or something similiar?

By the way, how big is your power bill?

I really don't have time to play any games and anymore when I do play it feels more like work.

My power bill isn't all that bad. I have a deal with the power company and get a better price at night so don't do much work during the day. The bill runs about $100 a month no matter what time of year it is even when I run the air conditioners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back