Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice setup and few wires for so many rigs in the room. What is that blue print of on your wall and where did you get it from?
Still nice setup for both of you.

Thats the blueprints of the R.M.S Titanic, got it from the Titanic exhibit in Las Vegas earlier this year, im also a Titanic historian :cool:

Here's my new setup. I recently built a new rig (in signature) and picked up some new headphones.

Messy wires, but I'm moving in a week so..

29951952.jpg

20397254.jpg

39066480.jpg

89985996.jpg

98639942.jpg

You have an awesome setup there, and some very nice gear.

One thing of advice if you don't mind: I cringe when I see the left and right speakers are not at the same level, especially like yours when the right speaker is firing into what appears to be your bed. Maybe if you move the TV over a little and get a couple speaker stand for your Polks, you will be all set. Just some food for thought, great stuff though. I really like how you angled your center channel up, I did the same thing with mine to fire down with a couple door holders

You have an awesome setup there, and some very nice gear.

One thing of advice if you don't mind: I cringe when I see the left and right speakers are not at the same level, especially like yours when the right speaker is firing into what appears to be your bed. Maybe if you move the TV over a little and get a couple speaker stand for your Polks, you will be all set. Just some food for thought, great stuff though. I really like how you angled your center channel up, I did the same thing with mine to fire down with a couple door holders

Thanks for the compliment. Regarding the advice I know I need to work on the speaker placemtn. Right now that whole area is really a work in progress. It was me taking the stuff from my main room (after upgrading) and adding it to my bedroom. Unfortunately I cannot move the TV any farther left as it start to block the window (hence the first speaker on my computer desk). However the desk sits at exactly 36" so I could purchase a stand for the other speaker to evenly space them out.

I am hoping to upgrad the reciever to one that actually decodes audio sent via HDMI. This reciever does not which means I have to run an optical cable for each input, and it only has two optical connections. I am also debating getting rid of that Sony Sub and purchasing a Polk Sub of some sort (Frye's and Newegg always seem to be running some type of deal on them).

My first build. Waiting on a 2nd GTX 285 to complete the SLI. I love this Coolermaster HAF 922 case.

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

Yes, the cables suck. Feel free to drop by and organize them for me. ;)

My set up since start of the summer, it's a bit messy but i'm moving in a couple of weeks so I didn't bother cleaning up.

97050137.jpg

Hi guys,

I've posted in previous years' workstation galleries and here is my 2009 setup. I've moved into a new place and if anyone remembers my old room, i've continued to use Red and Black as my theme with a touch of white. I'm an avid collector of statues and I'm also a ridiculous neat freak, so yes, the room is this clean all the time.

And if you were wondering, the last shot is of the underside of my desk where I've hidden the HDMI switcher.

Hope you enjoy it!

I think i need a change of pants....

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt mind seeing those again. Not sure what the big deal is. Now if like 3 people in a row did it ok, but cmon

I didnt mind seeing those again. Not sure what the big deal is. Now if like 3 people in a row did it ok, but cmon

Considering there's like 20 of them, it might as well be 3 people in a row.
You could at least edit out most of them and leave one or two to reference what you're talking about.;)

480kb/s down ftmfl :(

That really is a sick setup, but really you could have cut out a few of the images.. But that is just my opinion.

3 of the zoomed-out shots would have done, but damn that setup looks more awesome each time I see it

full_of_win_Picard-1.jpg

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I urinated a little when I first saw dariuslatamus' room :eek: my favorite workstation area on this thread so far.

For the life of me I cannot remember the user, but does anyone else recall the Hardforum'r whose setup included a clear plastic hallowed out abdomen in which his computer was setup into?

Probably the same thing I got from woot a while back... it's like a can of air, but not really, it has a high RPM fan in there and battery so you cahrge it up and re-use it for dusting and such instead of using /wasting can's of air.

Problem is, they're not as powerful as a can of air so it's sorta pointless as a normal duster does a better job for most stuff.

Cool concept though, I use it on occasion...

I don't think I could handle the red for more than 5 minutes without my head imploding, but you have to admire the workmanship. Very slick setup.

Are those...are those., Martin Logan speakers (tall white towers on each side of your LG panel)!!?!/

Are those...are those., Martin Logan speakers (tall white towers on each side of your LG panel)!!?!/

My thoughts exactly! I would have never left my room growing up with that setup... at least until my folks tossed me out for Paul's Boutique too loud.

lol yea, they are electrostatic speakers that are pretty amazing to listen to, their high end models are awesome but their lower end models get beat out by other brands in my opinion, I have listened to quite a few pairs of martin logans.. their reproduction is mesmerizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back