Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
New desk setup. Whoever was looking for a desk similar to that Aspa E-Motion, the Ikea Galant somewhat fits the bill. You can design your own layout. Here is my Galant...

DSC_2157.jpg

DSC_2160.jpg

DSC_2162.jpg

DSC_2164.jpg

DSC_2165.jpg

Oh and my helper...

20lbusbdrive128520149340000000.jpg

New desk setup. Whoever was looking for a desk similar to that Aspa E-Motion, the Ikea Galant somewhat fits the bill. You can design your own layout. Here is my Galant...

DSC_2157.jpg

DSC_2160.jpg

DSC_2162.jpg

DSC_2164.jpg

DSC_2165.jpg

Oh and my helper...

20lbusbdrive128520149340000000.jpg

Forget the setup what camera took those awesome pics??????????

Oh and my helper...

Mutemath + Galant :D!

I'm looking to get a Galant here soon... and I'm listening to Mutemath - Reset right now

well, technology and bullshit can usually be lumped into the same category. I did it for the sake of alliteration. ^_^

Nikon D40 in manual mode (ISO 400, various exposure times depending on the picture). First DSLR and I love it, but I have already grown out of it. If you want to stick with simple P&S, I reccomend jump up to the D40 and call it a day. D40x and D60 not worth the money. Might want to take those pictures out of your quote. Just a warning.

Mutemath kicks ass! I love almost all of their songs. A rarity for me.

Galant is very nice. Make sure to get the cable cage from Ikea for about $10 bucks if you are anal about wires.

//end off topic ;)

Nikon D40 in manual mode (ISO 400, various exposure times depending on the picture). First DSLR and I love it, but I have already grown out of it. If you want to stick with simple P&S, I reccomend jump up to the D40 and call it a day. D40x and D60 not worth the money.

Galant is very nice. Make sure to get the cable cage from Ikea for about $10 bucks if you are anal about wires.

//end off topic ;)

I was wondering about the light accents also, did they also come from ikea??

Nikon D40 in manual mode (ISO 400, various exposure times depending on the picture). First DSLR and I love it, but I have already grown out of it. If you want to stick with simple P&S, I reccomend jump up to the D40 and call it a day. D40x and D60 not worth the money. Might want to take those pictures out of your quote. Just a warning.

//end off topic ;)
By the time you got all your Galant desk stuff together, how much was it? I was looking at something very similar to yours. Props on your workspace, looks comfy

Love that setup BrinNutz. ;)

Thanks, I've been sitting at it ALL day today. I have a research paper due in about 12 hrs. still getting the research part done.

12+ hrs of sitting here so far, another 10 to go! =)

8 pages. ALL NIGHTER!!

Wicked BrinNutz! That looks cozy!

Thanks!! It is...

You guys do remember, there's another Jerker on the other side of mine...right?

By the time you got all your Galant desk stuff together, how much was it? I was looking at something very similar to yours. Props on your workspace, looks comfy

Thanks! Very comfy.

Oh boy. Let me figure that out and I'll get back to you tomorrow. I know it is the main Galant piece with one extension and the more expensive but (IMO) sturdier and easier to set up "T" legs. If you can, go to an Ikea and grab a Galant brochure. It has all of the available pieces, dimensions, and prices. The raised platform on my desk is an Ikea shelf and some Ikea legs ($20 total). I wanted to get my laptop and computer both at eye level. The silver cabinets were around $70 a piece I believe. The wire hopper from Ikea was about $10 as well.

All in all I am very happy with the desk. The vast workspace is awesome and much easier to work with. I like the L desk setup as well because I can have my computer stuff setup on one leg and my homework on the other leg.

Ooh... looks real cozy..I'd be sleeping on that couch right about now if it was here...
Not too fond of the night-time leds/lights though..

Firefox90... excellent setup. I love that room, desk, lighting, all of it. I really like how you set that monitor up, what is it, on rubber feet to keep it from sliding? Looks great :) Oh and I was going to get one of those Ikea desk pads when I was out there... I should have, guess I'm going to have to go back because that looks really good on there. I love most of Ikea's furniture... the prices are so reasonable for the quality you get.
Oh and I like your 20lb. USB drive... that's one of those new biological liquid cooled drives huh ;) How much data does it hold? 500 tearandbites?

I couldn't find the receipt, but this is what I came up with by pricing parts on Ikea's site. My particular setup includes the basic Galant L desk + the 30 inch extension. You can save money by going with the white finish and the A legs if need be.

1 GALANT table top with frame
beech veneer
$159.00

1 GALANT table top with frame
beech veneer
$60.00

1 SIGNUM cable management, horizontal
$12.99

3 GALANT T-leg
$90.00

Total: $322

I'm glad you like my monitor setup. The monitor is sitting on two rubber feet to keep it from sliding and there is one rubber foot on the back to keep it from scratching the wall and to keep it parallel to the wall instead of angled up. I also put two rubber feet on the bottom of my Macbook to raise it up and help the cooling a bit. The most important factor is it is easy on my neck.

The stand ($25):
JÄRPEN
beech veneer
$15

Forgot the name of the legs, but they are 6" and I think were about $10.

The leather Ikea pad is great because it protects the desk and acts as a mouse pad as well. I have never used a gaming mouse pad, but I honestly think it is a perfect surface for flinging the mouse around. I think it looks classy too.

Oh and I think I may have broken the NDA on my USB Drive. He has an undisclosed amount of "solid state" storage.

Why so many 11 books for all science subjects?

I really want a galant desk but the closest ikea is long island and with taxes to get it shipped is about 443 bucks.

Our IKEA Galants are taking over the world!!!!! MMMMUUUUUAAAAAAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!! Might as well add mine to the grand conspiracy.

Our IKEA Galants are taking over the world!!!!! MMMMUUUUUAAAAAAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!! Might as well add mine to the grand conspiracy

:eek: I hope to build mine in a few weeks... my current desk/setup sucks...

http://lousyhero.com/blaze/koisgay.jpg

What parts did you get? I'm probably going with black and T-legs... I have roughly 7.5ft across one wall and 6.5ft across another... so I need the galant to fit within there but use up as much space as possible, 2-3 monitors and a TV (24" CRT, but 32-37" LCD HDTV later on)

lol, I'm getting another Galant setup here soon too.. :p I put one in the theater room and I love it so much that I'm going to put one in my room.

My setup, kinda small but i will be getting a new desk from ikea soon,
CIMG4186.jpg

CIMG4191.jpg

CIMG4196.jpg

When waiting for game lobby's to fill i just play some south park darts
CIMG4199.jpg

and this is my 17 in widescreen sony vaio that i cant use because i cant reset the bios :(
CIMG4207.jpg

CIMG4212.jpg

What parts did you get? I'm probably going with black and T-legs... I have roughly 7.5ft across one wall and 6.5ft across another... so I need the galant to fit within there but use up as much space as possible, 2-3 monitors and a TV (24" CRT, but 32-37" LCD HDTV later on)

1 right corner desk
1 31L x 23W on left
1 31L x 23W on right
6 A-legs
the rolling storage cart is from the Container Store

I'll be upgrading my LCD to a 30" Samsung 305T or Dell 3007WFP-HC 2560x1600 or 32" Sharp LC32GP3UB 32-inch 1080p when I get my tax refund.

Nice digital scale Blazestorm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back