Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks illuminate. I tried the IMG option first and got red x's. Not sure what I did wrong the first time around but seems to working now. Appreciate it !

[Holy shit dude, I almost thought you had it powder coated. Awesome job!

This is only making me want the HAF more and more. Ugh. /QUOTE]

Thanks! There's a blemish here and there in the paintjob but it turned out decent for a first attempt. Got a nasty nozzle on the second can of Rustoleum "Textured" and didn't it all completey cleaned.

The HAF makes it easy for anyone to manage the cables. Some the people that are really talented here amaze me with the "real" cable management skills. Someone with a HAF painted black inside is what swayed me to go with this over the Cosmos S. Threatened to get the Antec 1200 of course.

I cleaned up a lot. Now, before some of yall start complaining, I *finally* got a clear, crisp, great looking shot of my monitors. Time for a new camera now! :D

They are good pics... that wallpaper looks good on there.

New system and and first attempt at case painting and cable management.
Lost my old login so I'm not completely new. :p

Hope the links paste right as I am a noob at the photoposting. :p

You did a great job if you ask me.
I love your setup... it all looks good together on that desk (love the desk).
Love the speakers... love the keyboard (here's my impression of it)...
I love that Sig on the desk too ;) I just bought a P220.

All in all, great setup!

master-shot.jpg

left-case-open.jpg

cosmos-guts.jpg

543watts.jpg

media-cabinet.jpg

ghetto-stand.jpg

I sold both of my 21" Viewsonic CRTs and replaced them with a single 19" Hanns G LCD. Here is my messy workstation.

dscf0010ow7.jpg

From Left to Right: D-Link Gigabit Switch, Netgear wireless router, Aiwa 4 way stereo speaker with 200mm sub, Samsung 216bw 21.6" LCD, Logitech Wired Media Keyboard, Hanns G HB191D 19" LCD, Logitech G5, Logitech LX9, 30gb ipod, Aiwa 4 way stereo speaker with 200mm sub, Coolermaster RC-690 with side window and way too many fans.

Niiiice. Now you just need one more LCD to match your old crt's.

That hanns looks tiny

Yup, I'm probably going to get a second hanns at some point, but I'm in no rush because I don't want to move my case or speakers to the floor. Maybe I would wallmount one above...

Oh, don't you guys find it funny that a 19" screen is now tiny? I remember when my 17" flat screen CRT was enormous.

ah, ok.

I remember that. i had a 17in CRT. Thought it had a monster screen. Then i got my 19in lcd, thought it was huge. Now, my 22in is barely considered "large" anymore :D

ah, ok.

I remember that. i had a 17in CRT. Thought it had a monster screen. Then i got my 19in lcd, thought it was huge. Now, my 22in is barely considered "large" anymore :D

Yeah. I suppose I could make a triangular keyboard tray and center the screens around the 90 degree angle in my desk...but I won't be doing anything like that before next year.

Finally had a chance to take some cleaner pics of my setup at the new flat!

Photomerge;
setup_october2008_small.jpg

Larger version (1920*923, 692KB).

Equipment rack I snagged for free over the summer;
IMGP1685.jpg

Inside the rack;
(I know virtually none of it is rackmount gear, but it's a handy place to store it all anyway!)
IMGP1686.jpg

Left-hand-side;
IMGP1690.jpg

Closer;
(Ignore the freebie mousemat, I hardly use the mouse)
(Also, yes, that's a USB-powered plasma ball!)
IMGP1691.jpg

Right-hand-side;
IMGP1692.jpg

At the heart of it all;
IMGP1694.jpg

is that under your bed?

Pretty cool if it is... the green thingey behind it should go imo. And the tape on your wall haha... getting cleaner though.

Yeah my bed is lofted so I have one of my desks underneath it. I would love to get rid of that horrible green pos but it's permanently attached to the walls. Whoever mounted it couldn't even be bothered to mount it perpendicular to the floor so on top of it looking like crap, its canted at an angle. :mad: I think I might buy a poster or something to put over it.

The tape on the wall is keeping my ethernet cable in order. We don't have functional wireless and my Ethernet port is on the side of my other desk so I have to run like a 25ft ethernet cable along half the room and into my desktop. Sucks but the 1GB/S connection sure is nice compared to home!

Please,
Is that a screensaver ? (I think yes, it is)
Does anyone knows where can I download it ? Does it works in Vista 64 ?
Thanks a lot!

desk147.png

Is that one of those banana hangers holding your headphones?! Brilliant!

///heads to kitchen
Yup! Picked it up for like $6 or something at a cooking outlet store. Just make sure you put something around the metal hook though, I know with Sennheisers, a lot of people had their headband's paint chip off because they didn't pad the hook.

Yup! Picked it up for like $6 or something at a cooking outlet store. Just make sure you put something around the metal hook though, I know with Sennheisers, a lot of people had their headband's paint chip off because they didn't pad the hook.

Mine is a metal gray one from BB&B. Got it for $10. Love it!

Banana hook/stand is the "official" name

My recent updates to my room as of 10.23.08, I'll take more one of these days when I'm completely satisfied...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back