Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the comments, though I know their supposed to be limited. The PS2 background is a still from a 1080p uncompressed spec commercial I shot on 16mm. The Speakers are ESI nEAR 06s, a bit unknown but they are great monitors. The sub is where it is on the desk because I live in an "audio sensitive" apartment complex, so i just need to hear the lows, not feel them ;) Under the PS3 is a JVC BR-HD50 720p HDV deck that I'm editing a project with. This screen is pretty amazing compared to the westinghouse, which has tremendously light blacks in comparison, but is still a great monitor. One last note. The EMU 0404 USB has a great headphone amp.

@ praetoriansentry:

Indeed! You gotta clean that bitch up. :D

You should take a look at the "clean cables" thread to get some ideas...oh and zip ties & heatshrink are your friend. :D

praetoriansentry: do I spot a good ol' pair of Sony MDR-V150 headphones? I had the V300 back in the day. In fact, I think I still have them somewhere...

praetoriansentry: do I spot a good ol' pair of Sony MDR-V150 headphones? I had the V300 back in the day. In fact, I think I still have them somewhere...

Yes you guessed correctly. They have decent sound, but after a few hours they are a bit rough on the ears.

Would you please tell me what is holding up your laptop and where I could get one? Looks like some sort of acrylic stand but I can't be sure. Thanks.

Yes its a Griffin Elevator.

It looks nice and functions well. I actually custom-cut the stand on mine to make it fit directly over the mini-receiver that I used to use and it worked well.

Not worth full price but you can often find it on the cheap but still new on eBay or amazon. I bought mine on Amazon for $20 something new in box.

Did Ikea discontinue the Jerker computer desk? It's no longer on their website. I really wanted to get one in the next few months, if they aren't going to make them anymore I'm going to be fairly upset.:(

Did Ikea discontinue the Jerker computer desk? It's no longer on their website. I really wanted to get one in the next few months, if they aren't going to make them anymore I'm going to be fairly upset.:(

They discontinued Jerker long time ago.

They discontinued Jerker long time ago.

Really? My friend saw them on the Ikea site no more than 2 months ago and drove down to Los Angeles to get it.

That's disappointing, maybe I can still find one in one of their stores.

DSC_0024.jpg

zOMG I want that G4 banner. Where did you get it?

Really? My friend saw them on the Ikea site no more than 2 months ago and drove down to Los Angeles to get it.

That's disappointing, maybe I can still find one in one of their stores.
Yes, the Jerker series was discontinued. Some IKEA stores still have a few remaining in stock, but once they're gone, that's it. Check the Galant series, if you want an excellent, customizable computer workstation. I like my Galant desk a lot more than my old Jerker.

my 900 setup just for now until i finish moding my p180b
f_P6210215m_292ee19.jpg

f_P6210222m_bc94fb9.jpg

f_P6210224m_1009e8e.jpg

f_P6210226m_f0c5679.jpg

my mates case lol comment it plz wana no wat u think
f_P6260235m_027e898.jpg

f_P6260232m_1eef48f.jpg

f_P6260234m_ae94532.jpg

I still have one more swivel shelf to put up, and I'm hoping my brother David can get me some top shelves from Ikea in Chicago if they still have them :). Heh I have to play with my camera settings some more, these pics seem slightly out of focus :p

That's a 19 inch lcd on the top shelf, that I'm selling to my friend Matt. Now I have no tv for the living room. Oh well :D. I was going to setup the laptop for in there if someone comes by and needs to get on the internetz :)

DSCF0078-1.jpg

DSCF0076-1.jpg

DSCF0077-1.jpg

Setup a few days ago, cause it shows my laptop, and I didn't feel like taking another pic with the laptop by the westy :p

DSCF0045-1.jpg

DSCF0048-2.jpg

im jealous of both your monitors :D the sceptre because mine died :mad: and i cant find a replacement psu to put in it and the westy because it looks damn good with your setup :D

Nice bass NeoSlayer, I have the same kind (Ibanez GSR 200 FM) except in the blue sunburst color.

Ah so much inspiration, i'm gunna clean my room today and my counter and rearrange everything, i'll post some pics when i get my watercooling done.

I need to drop my case to the second shelf or the floor I really don't have that much room to type but the main problem is that the monitors are too high and it starts to hurt after a while of looking up so much (although that is one was to tell me that I've been on my computer for too long.)

I stopped posting in this section since last year for this reason....

#473 08-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Qtip42 [H]is Modness

And that concludes this thread. Let it be known that it was simply buying time as a desk thread is no longer suited for the modding forums. Desk threads now belong in the general hardware forum. Thanks.

Side panel is usually on, but just got new CPU/motherboard, so it's off as I'm resetting CMOS a lot. (Core2 FTW!)
dscn0684fm6.jpg

The pseudo-green-peelingpaint-flowerhandles look owns, don't knock on it. :p

I love how Blacktigers91 has the cash to have a g15 keyboard and cool mouse with a lcd but he cant afford a pc desk. i guess he has to use the lcd cuz the weight of a crt would collapse the desk.

nick leo, stop flaming, i like that desk and just because you have the money (or dont) to buy something doesnt mean you will or want to, maybe he likes that desk (again i think it looks good)

I love how Blacktigers91 has the cash to have a g15 keyboard and cool mouse with a lcd but he cant afford a pc desk. i guess he has to use the lcd cuz the weight of a crt would collapse the desk.

maybe because his room is to small to fit a reg size desk? g15 and g7 carbon :D cant guess the mouse pad though.. looks to be a 17" acer lcd

wow what a intresting desk you got there blacktigers91

Hahaha, I was waiting for this response. :D

I actually had a much larger desk, but my room did not prevent it, it was way too large for my room. So I ditched it for this, which, well, lol. Hoping to get it stripped and stained, it won't look like that forever.

And that's a G15, G7 carbon, 17" Acer, and a RatPadz XT.

:cool:

nick leo, stop flaming, i like that desk and just because you have the money (or dont) to buy something doesnt mean you will or want to, maybe he likes that desk (again i think it looks good)
i didnt mean to flame lol. id think with that mouse and keyboard he should have a nice home for them not a beat up desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back