Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here's mine as of a few days ago...

I had a hard time choosing between the Insignias and the Polks, so I just put one on A and the other on B... now I'm encapsulated in sound when running stereo mode... I like it :D

What do you have your computer sitting on? It looks pretty nice.

When I get my own place Ill have much better organization, but this is what I have going on so far...

Right now im only using Infinity Beta 20's along with my Knight.

First up, my LMC-1 Preamp, amazing piece of gear:
hpim1123gz4.jpg

Parasound HCA-1000A THX Amp (Im a stereo guy :D ) :
hpim1124zv5.jpg

And my baby, Epik Knight powered sub, (Yea, thats a 15" driver :eek:) :
hpim1130kw4.jpg

~snip~

And my baby, Epik Knight powered sub, (Yea, thats a 15" driver :eek:) :
hpim1130kw4.jpg

Wow...I really hate you. I'm a big bass fan and now I want to replace my 12" JBL sub with an Epik, preferably the Castle. I just have to try and get it past the fiance lol. So thanks for making me another grand in debt.:p

New living room in the apartment
Denon avr-485-s
Polk R-15
Denon sub-100

I am starting to regret selling my x-ls book shelf speakers, but I really needed the money for the move, so the r-15's will work for now

img3379tq8.jpg

Edit; Just noticed that this is an older pick before I finished unpacking haha, there is no audio in this pic.... i will update with a new one later.

Wow...I really hate you. I'm a big bass fan and now I want to replace my 12" JBL sub with an Epik, preferably the Castle. I just have to try and get it past the fiance lol. So thanks for making me another grand in debt.:p

I went from a JBL-S120Pii, and lets just say, the results were amazing. Castle should rock hardcore!

You want a movie for demoing? HOT FUZZ is the shiiiiit :D

I went from a JBL-S120Pii, and lets just say, the results were amazing. Castle should rock hardcore!

You want a movie for demoing? HOT FUZZ is the shiiiiit :D

Oh yeah I have Hot Fuzz and on my 300 watt JBL its crazy, I cant even imagine it with an Epik. I have to admit though, that I watched Transformers last night at a decent volume and the bass was actually really good. I forgot how good it actually was since its been awhile since I've really sat down and watched a movie and got into it with the sound and turned it up. An Epik is still on my list though.:p

that's an 18

That ginormous sub makes the rest of your room look tiny. :p

That's a very old pic (4+ years old now), from when I was living at home. It now sits in my living room next to a 61" tv (sorry no updated pics). It still looks somewhat out of place, but it's better than being bigger than the bed that is next to it.

If it were a bit taller, it would make a nice end-table :) (it's like 25" tall)

Mine.
IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

Forgive the huge pictures and the dust on the M&K's.....and the huge dent in the subwoofer LOL. Also I'm awaiting my new wires from monoprice so you are seeing 18 gauge wires :)

I haven't posted my setup for a while. Recently I purchased new furniture (desk) and a new laptop so figured I should repost my setup. At the same time I downgraded from surround sound down to the equivalent of a 2.1 system. The location for my center channel speaker would have been disastrous to place around a laptop and I don't have enough surround sources (DVDs) to make surround speakers worth putting into place in my oddly shaped apartment bedroom.

I also decided to take a picture of my recently aquired pet mouse, Blanca. Her home sits on my desk where I can be easily amused by her attempts of building things out of paper.

What I use my setup for: browsing the web on my laptop, listening to music, watching YouTube videos, and the occasional video game.

Equipment I'm using:

Laptop: Alienware m9750 with two 7950GTX graphics cards in SLI
Speakers: Monitor Audio RS1's
Receiver: Marantz SR7500
DVD/CD Player: Marantz DV4600
Power Conditioner: Monster HTS3500MKII
Subwoofer: M&K MX-105
Headphones (pictured hanging on my bookshelf): Sennheiser HD595

In addition to my setup I also have a few bass guitars that I like to play on every couple of days...

All black bass: home built 1971 Fender P Bass with reissue parts from that year/era
Black/white bass: Fretless 2007 Fender J Bass
Amp: Ampeg BA115

Pictures for everybody to see:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Ok kids you want to see real power. TC Sounds,Audio Pulse,Sound Splinter, Mach 5 Audio, Exodus Audio,CSS....

Backed by Crown's iTech 6000 and XTi2000 and 4000 plus QSC PowerLight PL380 and three PLX2 amps, and FaceAudio TX1200.

THis IS the Hard Wall :p

New mains to replace the Dynaudio...will be from Alcons. Capable of extreme SPL while maintaining composure like no "High-End" speaker can. ;)

I haven't posted my setup for a while. Recently I purchased new furniture (desk) and a new laptop so figured I should repost my setup. At the same time I downgraded from surround sound down to the equivalent of a 2.1 system. The location for my center channel speaker would have been disastrous to place around a laptop and I don't have enough surround sources (DVDs) to make surround speakers worth putting into place in my oddly shaped apartment bedroom.

I also decided to take a picture of my recently aquired pet mouse, Blanca. Her home sits on my desk where I can be easily amused by her attempts of building things out of paper.

What I use my setup for: browsing the web on my laptop, listening to music, watching YouTube videos, and the occasional video game.

Equipment I'm using:

Laptop: Alienware m9750 with two 7950GTX graphics cards in SLI
Speakers: Monitor Audio RS1's
Receiver: Marantz SR7500
DVD/CD Player: Marantz DV4600
Power Conditioner: Monster HTS3500MKII
Subwoofer: M&K MX-105
Headphones (pictured hanging on my bookshelf): Sennheiser HD595

In addition to my setup I also have a few bass guitars that I like to play on every couple of days...

All black bass: home built 1971 Fender P Bass with reissue parts from that year/era
Black/white bass: Fretless 2007 Fender J Bass
Amp: Ampeg BA115

Pictures for everybody to see:

DSC_0044.jpg
Damn, that little mouse generates enough power to drive all that hardware??? What kinda vitamins do you feed her? :p

Just got them earlier this week, pardon the wiring is still little semi ;) took this tonight when i was doing a little jam session with Torq ;)
latenightjamsesh1.jpg

First pic:Turntables - Numark TT-200 (Yea they're not techs but they actually do pretty good)
Mixer - Numark DXM06, sturdy little bastard had it for quite a while, nice xfader on it and FX
Laptop - Lenovo T-60 2gig ram 160gig HD, music laptop primarily for M-Audio Torq
Speaker - Some Acoustic Audio speaker i got off ebay, puts out decently alongside my Sony Speakers.
latenightjamsesh2.jpg

Second Picture
Speakers: Sony SSF-5000 tower speakers, and Sony SS-CR3000 center spkr, have 5 sony speakers total.
Stereo Amp : hmm some 1000w panasonic i bought from someone on here, not sure on model atm. it works nice though
TV: 42 inch Dynex from bestbuy, the overair quality isn't crazy or anything but plays bluray movies from my pc very nicely, and play everquest2 on it on occasion.
latenightjamsesh3.jpg

Third Pic:computer, am2 4600, 2gigs OCZ plat, 8800GTS G92 700watt modular psu, can't remember name off the top of my head but it's a good brand.
monitor - 22inch envision 1680x1050 max res
printer - some Epson
oh, and running Audacity to record from my mixer, going to get ProTools in the near future for production...using Ableton Live right now and Reason.

Can go here to check out some of music, 100% free http://www.musicv2.com/artist/zaphear

Sort of a work in progress shot, I don't want to keep the media server there, but I have to run a cat-5 from the office, and being in an apartment makes that kind of hard (no attic, no major drilling etc)

I might try out some wireless streaming to the xbox and see how that works out.

I also need to find some cheap floor standing speakers on craig's list or something and move those little Polks to the back.

IMG_3408.JPG

photo

If you live near any fault lines, all that bass is gonna register on the Richter scale!

Balls to the mutha-truckin WALL!!!

Damn straight it is going to hit hard as it does in real life. Researching line source diy speakers too. Budget allowing, I will make a Thor-Hammer of a system.

haha I bet your drunk right now (12:19 EST) I know I am... and I am dreaming about a sick HT seup, mine just isn't cutting it anymore

Just got them earlier this week, pardon the wiring is still little semi ;) took this tonight when i was doing a little jam session with Torq ;)
latenightjamsesh1.jpg

First pic:Turntables - Numark TT-200 (Yea they're not techs but they actually do pretty good)
Mixer - Numark DXM06, sturdy little bastard had it for quite a while, nice xfader on it and FX
Laptop - Lenovo T-60 2gig ram 160gig HD, music laptop primarily for M-Audio Torq
Speaker - Some Acoustic Audio speaker i got off ebay, puts out decently alongside my Sony Speakers.
latenightjamsesh2.jpg

Second Picture
Speakers: Sony SSF-5000 tower speakers, and Sony SS-CR3000 center spkr, have 5 sony speakers total.
Stereo Amp : hmm some 1000w panasonic i bought from someone on here, not sure on model atm. it works nice though
TV: 42 inch Dynex from bestbuy, the overair quality isn't crazy or anything but plays bluray movies from my pc very nicely, and play everquest2 on it on occasion.
latenightjamsesh3.jpg

Third Pic:computer, am2 4600, 2gigs OCZ plat, 8800GTS G92 700watt modular psu, can't remember name off the top of my head but it's a good brand.
monitor - 22inch envision 1680x1050 max res
printer - some Epson
oh, and running Audacity to record from my mixer, going to get ProTools in the near future for production...using Ableton Live right now and Reason.

Can go here to check out some of music, 100% free http://www.musicv2.com/artist/zaphear

Nice taste in equipment, now you just need to work on your tastes in beer. Natty light is one of the worst things mankind has ever created :p

Swan_1.jpg

Swan_2.jpg

Swan_3.jpg

Swan_4.jpg

Swan_5.jpg

Just got the Swan M-10's, I need to clean up all the cables obviously, but thats for another day, for now I am just enjoying the swans. for less than $100 they were a great value!

Just got the Swan M-10's, I need to clean up all the cables obviously, but thats for another day, for now I am just enjoying the swans. for less than $100 they were a great value!

Personally I have never listened to the Swan M-10's but I have to say what I have seen of them, they are beautiful computer speakers. Very elegant compared to the competition (maybe because the competition always uses mini stands to hold the speakers up?)

Hopefully I can sample what these speakers sound like someday...

I am really impressed with them so far, they sound awesome and look darn good too. I want to get an LCD mount for my wall so I can put the "mid-woofer" under the monitor, but the way I have them set up sound great for now.

I was surprised by how small the speakers were, but when i powered them up and played a little pearl jam I was amazed by how "big" the sound was from them.

You could probably stack the LCD right on top of the "mid-woofer" from the looks of it. I've seen pictures of other people doing that anyways.

Yeah, i gave that a shot, but it made my monitor too high up for my liking, and the bottom viewing angle on my lcd sucks, so I would need a mount that I could angle down.

Oh good point. Now that I think about it, a mount would eliminate the need for the stand attached to the monitor right now which would allow you to mount it just above the mid woofer and have some angle too if you so desired (it might be low enough without the stand that you don't need much of an angle).

BTW, I like the lone Bud Light there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back