Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the setup of my friend. He didn't want to bother registering, so I post in his place.

Amps are Onkyo TX-SR602 and TX-8522. CD player is DX-C390.
All the loudspeaker are from Omage, including the 12" Sub under the desk.

Why are there two sets of front speakers?

mebe they're the left and right surround speakers, which I hope isn't the case. I hate seeing surround speakers so close to the front, it's like a peeve of mine.

This is probably ones of the most lame speaker mod posts ever :) but oh well...
I put some nuts in the grill holes and I liked how it looked...

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

mebe they're the left and right surround speakers, which I hope isn't the case. I hate seeing surround speakers so close to the front, it's like a peeve of mine.

and big tower speakers used nearfield as well as firing right into desks and such (especially midranges or tweeters) also = fail

He could be using a bi-amp feature to make the bookshelf and towers just be combined for big left and right channels which would be better than having surround speakers like that.

I do kind of the same thing for lack of better placement.

__16.jpg

and big tower speakers used nearfield as well as firing right into desks and such (especially midranges or tweeters) also = fail
In fact, he uses the towers as A/B speaker set on the stereo amp and he is about to move the surround set at the back (waiting for new stands). It all sounds pretty good, even if the towers are pushing the bass under the desk.

Crown XTi 2000 and 4000 subwoofer amps...

Ah yes...QSC PLX2 subwoofer amp,FaceAudio subwoofer amp...

Many more to come...:p

In total ~50KW worth in power amps will be used to power 20 drivers ,ten 15's and ten 18's. Forming a subwoofer array.

still have to buy a rack for my amp and preamp any sugestions on were to buy a good one from?
preamp rotel rc-1070. power amp rotel RB-1080. speakers dali concept 8's.
f_P50300152m_d389743.jpg

Hows the imaging working out for you

If I am listening to music I usually scoot my chair back a little further and its not bad, but when I am sitting my normal distance it could be better.... But for casual listening and movies/games it is fine. I use my headphones for anything I want to sound really good in that respect.

Here are some pictures of my brand new speakers (also seen on AVSForum):

2euu6.jpg

4ezk9.jpg

Not in their "official" setup, as I was planning on running them in in my basement... there presently right next to me :D I figured, might as well enjoy them, even if they're not sounding "optimal" yet.

Here are some pictures of my brand new speakers (also seen on AVSForum):

Not in their "official" setup, as I was planning on running them in in my basement... there presently right next to me :D I figured, might as well enjoy them, even if they're not sounding "optimal" yet.

*licks that delicious speaker :p then runs away*

Yeah, I think what hound is getting at is... you just have to break 'em in... but their highs can be harsh, and dear god let's hope they don't have a distorted low end :p

Crappy pic (I only have an iPhone, not much into photography), and it only shows a partial view--

photozh8.jpg

Macbook Pro > Apogee Duet (DAC) via firewire > Music Hall a25.2 Integrated Amp > Hsu VTF-1 sub & Epos ELS-3 bookshelf speakers (on stands); also a pair of Denon AH-D2000 headphones on a Sennheiser HP holder

One thing this thread always reminds me of is how wonderful it was a couple years ago when I finally moved out of a shared apartment into my own place where I could spread my stuff out properly.

Crappy pic (I only have an iPhone, not much into photography), and it only shows a partial view--

Macbook Pro > Apogee Duet (DAC) via firewire > Music Hall a25.2 Integrated Amp > Hsu VTF-1 sub & Epos ELS-3 bookshelf speakers (on stands); also a pair of Denon AH-D2000 headphones on a Sennheiser HP holder

How does it feel to know that everything you just listed is way overpriced and could be beaten for half the price or less? :D

How does it feel to know that everything you just listed is way overpriced and could be beaten for half the price or less?
I check this thread almost daily because I like to see the creative systems folks put together. I would like to encourage forum members to post their pics, regardless of price. Thanks for posting feverfive. I am thinking of putting together a similar audio system.

Click for full size, if you really care to see the atrocities that my camera produces ;)

Asus G1S feeding a Harmon Kardon AVR-146 via 3.5mm Optical, output to Polk RTi4's
Primary selection: FLAC, mostly older rock

Thought I would post an update since I've changed a few things. New speakers (Madisound Cygnet Mk. II kit), got a sub (AV123 X-sub, in front left corner of room), and trimmed down my equipment rack by getting rid of a few items.

DSC_0462_1280px.jpg

DSC_0467_1280px.jpg

DSC_0469_1280px.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back