Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
towert7 said:
What a great set-up you go thtere zachary. I miss my old toshiba cable modem. ~_~

Anyway, what type of headphones are those?

Sony V6? V600?

And do you like them?

~Thanks
That's weird, those look like V600s to me. I have a pair of V6 (exact same thing as 7506), and they have a much more oval shaped pad, plus a slightly thinner headband.

I bought some senn hd 280 pros, hooked them up to my cmoy, and they are WAY better than the sonys. much truer, less colored, no icy highs. I'll be trying the beyer replacement pads when I've got a few spare bucks and some time... that might helpt he sony's a bit...

EDIT... i'm a tard... you said 7509, not 7506... excuse my 69 dyslexia ;)

Can't post mine ryt now I sent my digicam to my siblings in the Phils. This should be on Sticky don't you think?? My speakers not so popular... on sig.

post it then....

ps. how you running those PA speakers at the rear?

You need to get some stands for those sats dude....like, your sounds ditribution is not so ideal with them on top of that big tv.

i should talk...my right sound channel is nestled between a lamp and my xaser.....pics tomorrow (from my ancient 1.3mp olympus brick).

Very Acceptable. Best layout I've seen so far. Although I'm a fan of more PC oriented speakers than the PC/Traditional hybrid setup. Of course with everything becoming optical, that's arguably an obsolete view.

You desk is interesting; it has no drawers....where do you keep your stuff?

dwayne001 said:
Very Acceptable. Best layout I've seen so far. Although I'm a fan of more PC oriented speakers than the PC/Traditional hybrid setup. Of course with everything becoming optical, that's arguably an obsolete view.

You desk is interesting; it has no drawers....where do you keep your stuff?

Tx. I tried numerous layouts before I settled with this. I'm eventually going to get a proper stereo stand.

As for my stuff, I keep it under my bed :D

versello said:
Tx. I tried numerous layouts before I settled with this. I'm eventually going to get a proper stereo stand.

As for my stuff, I keep it under my bed :D

or ontop of the sub by the looks of things....

BO(V)BZ: The report post message read-----> I can't believe someone posted a 6 meg picture of the side of a speaker and then another 6 meg picture of a tweeter.
Do I need to say any more?

I think he was showing off the veneer, although a better pic (and smaller) might be in order. :D

784dsc00017-med.jpg

gd if you guys are below 20 then you are really really realy spoiled...shoot i dont even have a cam to take a pic of mine, besides my sound equiptments nothing to take a pic of..my comp is tho :D

Mister X said:
BO(V)BZ: The report post message read-----> I can't believe someone posted a 6 meg picture of the side of a speaker and then another 6 meg picture of a tweeter.
Do I need to say any more?

6 Meg? hmm, they came out to 5meg total =] I'll recompress them tomorrow, I'm not at home right now.

XSNiper said:
gd if you guys are below 20 then you are really really realy spoiled...shoot i dont even have a cam to take a pic of mine, besides my sound equiptments nothing to take a pic of..my comp is tho :D

See, my computer is boring. No mods, just a tiny SFF. And I wish I was under 20. :D

JackieO, I like your speakers =]

I got the patio stones, because after spending 1600$ [bstock] I couldn't really afford anything else :D

And sniper, I'm 21, with my priorities straight, that's all [ramen noodles and high-priced audio gear]

You know what I find works really well? Hockey pucks. I glued together 5 stacks of 2 then put them under my mains. Since they are hard rubber they don't scratch but hold them up really well with no vibrations. Plus they cost $3.99 for a pack of 10. :)

JackieO said:
You know what I find works really well? Hockey pucks. I glued together 5 stacks of 2 then put them under my mains. Since they are hard rubber they don't scratch but hold them up really well with no vibrations. Plus they cost $3.99 for a pack of 10. :)

I wanted to get something I knew would be really stable, so that's why I went with stone. I don't like the idea of 80lb speakers piled on a tower of pucks =]

You can just see the left-front and center sats here.
IMG_0217.jpg

You can see the left-rear sat here.
IMG_0215.jpg

Here's a pic of the screen without the flash washout.
IMG_0224.jpg

Nice setup =] How much was the projector, and what sort of resolution do you run with that?

Heres mine... Athena B2 series bookshelves, athena 400 watt 10 sub, kenwood vr-506 receiver that needs to be upgraded. and thats my 27" flat toshiba next to the monitor. Excuse the quality.. but thats a 0.3 MP camera on the PDA :)

and yes... that is a kick the cheat the cheat on my monitor :)

mangoldm : I love it ... but you know what I would do?
Replace the little table with a minifridge. :)
Do I need to explain why? :D

BO(V)BZ said:
Nice setup =] How much was the projector, and what sort of resolution do you run with that?
I bought the projector for $2200 back in March, but you can get it now for $1700 at Amazon. I run it at native resolution, 1024x768.

Mister X - great idea, in fact a full-size fridge is just off-camera, behind where I was standing when I took the pics. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My room:
IMG_0159t.JPG

Receiver is a Vintage Fisher RS-1060 and the speakers are Cerwin-Vega D-9's (bottom) and KLH 1230's (top)

Downstairs:
1.jpg

Receiver is a Pioneer VSX-D811S using the amp section of a vintage Pioneer SX-1050 to power the main speakers, which are vintage JBL L150’s (from back before all JBL made was mass market crap).

GotNoRice said:
My room:
IMG_0159t.JPG

Receiver is a Vintage Fisher RS-1060 and the speakers are Cerwin-Vega D-9's (bottom) and KLH 1230's (top)

Downstairs:
1.jpg

Receiver is a Pioneer VSX-D811S using the amp section of a vintage Pioneer SX-1050 to power the main speakers, which are vintage JBL L150’s (from back before all JBL made was mass market crap).
is that a Mitsubishi 55511WS tv?

Nice setup. How do they sound? Hopefully pretty good. Luck you had a desk that shape for the speaker placement.

BTW saw the copy of Maxim on you bed :eek: ! Naughty boy...

4keatimj said:
Nice setup. How do they sound? Hopefully pretty good. Luck you had a desk that shape for the speaker placement.
they sound great and im sure will sound even better once i get the new computer with an audigy 2

Mister X said:
Mergered, bumped, and stuck. :)
thanks
:cool:

Duck-BOT said:

he is saying that he (a moderator) merged other threads into this one, bumped it (put it to the top) and made it a sticky...

bobsaget said:
he is saying that he (a moderator) merged other threads into this one, bumped it (put it to the top) and made it a sticky...

y helo ther :)

Heres's my new setup...

Front and Center Channels

spk1.jpg

Sub

spk2.jpg

Rear Channels

spk3.jpg

If you look in the background you can see one of my rear channel speakers from my Home Theater...

hmthtr.jpg

Pics not very sharp, but it's a Sony 5.1 Reciever with 100w sub (on left) and 4 100w sats, The Samsung DVD/VCR combo audio is hooked in via Monster Cable Optical...the picture is hooked up with Monster Cable Component Video. The TV is a 32" Toshiba.

Diablo111 - You got the same setup as I do, including the monitor.

How did you take the stand from the monitor off? I never knew that I could do that to it. Nice.

Chelica said:
Diablo111 - You got the same setup as I do, including the monitor.

How did you take the stand from the monitor off? I never knew that I could do that to it. Nice.

There are a couple off clips on teh bottom, push them in and slide it forward I believe...it's been a quite awhile since I took it off :)

I was worried about heat and other issues, so I e-mailed Viewsonic and they said it was fine and made to work that way...with or without the stand.

Nothing spectacular but I love my setup...

Especially considering it's in a dorm room :D. Sorry for the crappy pics, wasn't my camera and I didn't feel like messing with it.

Yamaha 6.1 setup... The DVD player is hooked up to the TV (27in.) via s-video (until I get a component input TV ;) ). Ia m using the optical out on the DVD player. My PC's audigy 2 is hooked up using the Analog outs to the multi-channel inputs on the reciever. I am using 25 ft. minijack to RCA cables... long ass cables.

Just so everyone knows I worked my ass off over the summer to be able to splurge a little. No, I am by no means spoiled.

Yamaha HTR-5740
1bf6.jpg

Right main with cover on... the left is identical obviously.
3a61.jpg

Cover off...
68f0.jpg

Center with cover off...
43e2.jpg

This is behind me (my bed)... there is a 3rd speaker to the right that wouldn't fir in the pic.
d15f.jpg

the rears standing up...
a1a9.jpg

The sub next to my guitar amp...
f5e5.jpg

A Large shot...
fea6.jpg

bobsaget said:
[IG]http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/Image015.JPG[/IMG]
[IG]http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/sub.JPG[/IMG]

I put a 10" car sub on my Klipsch Promedias...

You guys have some damn nice systems... :)
Please explain to me how one would do that.

d34dly said:
Nothing spectacular but I love my setup...

Especially considering it's in a dorm room :D. Sorry for the crappy pics, wasn't my camera and I didn't feel like messing with it.

Yamaha 6.1 setup... The DVD player is hooked up to the TV (27in.) via s-video (until I get a component input TV ;) ). Ia m using the optical out on the DVD player. My PC's audigy 2 is hooked up using the Analog outs to the multi-channel inputs on the reciever. I am using 25 ft. minijack to RCA cables... long ass cables.

Just so everyone knows I worked my ass off over the summer to be able to splurge a little. No, I am by no means spoiled.

Yamaha HTR-5740
1bf6.jpg

Right main with cover on... the left is identical obviously.
3a61.jpg

Cover off...
68f0.jpg

Center with cover off...
43e2.jpg

This is behind me (my bed)... there is a 3rd speaker to the right that wouldn't fir in the pic.
d15f.jpg

the rears standing up...
a1a9.jpg

The sub next to my guitar amp...
f5e5.jpg

A Large shot...
fea6.jpg
how do those speakers sound? I've been thinking about gettin them, or those onkyo's over at crutchfield. I know its not the best stuff in the world, but It is exactly what I've been looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back