Post your "Room Wiring/Cables."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahid

Limp Gawd
Not sure if anyone posted a thread pertaining "Room Wires" so I do apologize if a thread related to this topic is already made.

These are some of my room wiring, I tried clearing it w/o it looking too bad. I hope everyone can post there room wires. Maybe I can get an idea or two to re-do some of mine. :)

wiresqe5.jpg

wires2kt1.jpg

wires3ln6.jpg

wires4ad7.jpg

wires5aj3.jpg

wires6fx0.jpg

wires7qy4.jpg

Video Clip of my Room.

My Room Video Clip - Updated 04.01.07

that better be a shielded cable because if it is UTP u got yourself noise problems that will hinder your network performance

that better be a shielded cable because if it is UTP u got yourself noise problems that will hinder your network performance

Yes, it's one of my cables on the network. What do you mean by hindering my network performance? I'm still a noob at this type of stuff. So any help would be good. :)

well UTP stands for Unshielded twisted Pair, so the cables are unshielded that means that electromagnetic interference can affect the data that is being send or recieved thru the cables at any given time, by rounding up the cables as u did u are effectively creating more interference to your cables, than normal, so in order to fix it u have to cut it to the length required not less, not more, no loops !

no problem dude, and it's girl btw

i seriously doubt that you cutting your cable to length is going to result in a marked network improvement. kinda like how cisco says if you don't have the cables twisted up to the connector it will ruin your cable, it's shens. yea maybe if it was a backbone cable and you where maxing it out at Gb it would matter, but for the general person, not really. just my 0.02

i seriously doubt that you cutting your cable to length is going to result in a marked network improvement. kinda like how cisco says if you don't have the cables twisted up to the connector it will ruin your cable, it's shens. yea maybe if it was a backbone cable and you where maxing it out at Gb it would matter, but for the general person, not really. just my 0.02

If you have an ISP fast enough that having shorter cables makes a difference, it must be really weird taking a crap.* ;)

And to keep things on topic, I used to have all my routers and cables zip-tied out of sight, but due to upgrades it's not like that anymore :(

*lame google TiSP joke

Wow, I do apologize for the lack of taking the time out to notice, "leSLIe" on your name and actually thinking of it being Leslie. Hahaha..

Wow, a girl that knows her PC stuff, that is hot!

Thanks again! I think I made a friend.. :)

Nice idea for a thread!

I'd post a pic but my room is a mess in its current state. :eek: Maybe I'll get around to organizing the mess of wires and cables so that it will be deemed [H] worthy.

Lol, I'll post in here once I have time to rewire my room. Just got back from a LAN and anyone who does that knows how badly it F's up ur wiring scheme.

Just to give u guys an idea, I have a 360, a laptop, a large speaker system (incldues headunit for tape, CD, radio etc), a 24" display, and much more all crammed into a corner desk, so don't expect it to be pretty! None of this 2 cables to the monitor trash, I got at least 8 =D.

newzoom.jpg

Under my desk...

Note, that big bunch of cables by the table leg has since been coalesced into 1 big wired loom... But I was rebuilding my main system at the time :p.

yes, that's a 120mm fan in there cooling my phone modem, cable modem, wireless router wall wart and the rest of the power bricks.

I just changed around and rewired my office and snapped a few shots of my handiwork. Cool idea for a thread. Its very easy for the wiring to get out of hand with all the electronics us techheads run.

000_0676.jpg

000_0677.jpg

Bought a 100ft. Cat5 cable so I can have Internet from my room, but mom wouldn't allow it. Computer ended up in the living room instead, so:
DSCN0822.jpg

mess of cabling behind the PC. Literally anchors the case to the space between mom's china display thing and the not-really-a computer desk, so I have to get some slack on the cables first before I can even pull out the tower.
DSCN0823.jpg

eab16hatchie - Great wiring job man!

We need more pictures! C'mon peoples!! :)

You're gonna regret that ;)
ROFL

While I am a fan of clean cabling, and once had a very clean wiring job behind/under the desk (its since been destroyed, lol), its a pain to maintain. I find myself adding/removing/changing wires too much back there, so the only things still bundled are what was originally routed about a year ago. Oh yah, I also move my furniture around every couple of years, so thats another reason I don't maintain the clean wiring. I'm due to move things around again soon, so I'll snap a shot once I do.

Yes, more picturesssssssss, c'mon guys/gals! We can do ittttttttttt!!

....it has nothing to do with length, rather pair-to-pair crosstalk caused by rolling the cable together in a big loop. That and some added inductance caused by the loop. Not the best idea with unshielded cable.

The one that has me scratching my head a little is the cable with the big loop suspended in mid air. I'd have put the loop on one end or the other and supported by something (as is, sitting on something). Lots less stress on the connections and internal conductors that way...:cool:

Looks good pinout! I like the outlet behind the desk, that's pretty sweet!

Any updates on room wires people??

:)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mod Edit - Please don't bump six month old threads just to see "what's up". Thanks - BlindedByScience

My wires are HORRIBLE... All over the place. Cable wires, PC wires, ethernet wires, electrical wires.

I'm making myself clean up and rearrange my room this weekend before I do my big purchase on Tuesday for the new PC parts and stuff. Having another million wires in my room as it is, will NOT be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back