Post your pc screen shots!

I'm actually loving Vista so far. Despite the driver issues, the only major complaint I have is with iTunes.

dtop0322.JPG

That's seriously frickin' cool. :)

That is actually me in the jet, I have more pictures I can PM them if you want since I'm sure the mods dont want them in here because they arn't my desktop. Those of you who have GenMay access can see the thread I made in there. Other that that PM me and I'll send you the pictures if you don't believe me:)

That is actually me in the jet, I have more pictures I can PM them if you want since I'm sure the mods dont want them in here because they arn't my desktop. Those of you who have GenMay access can see the thread I made in there. Other that that PM me and I'll send you the pictures if you don't believe me:)

"He's going ballistic, not postal!!!"

Hell yeah, I'd love to see more pit views. What airstrip was that takeoff from, if I can ask. And PM away, I'm a big fan of aircraft shots. I posted this one of my Desktop in another thread recently and got compliments for it:

Big Falcon fan here, so it's a good thing I live in Las Vegas with Nellis right down the road as the home of the Thunderbirds. :D

Thanks for anything you'd care to share.

"He's going ballistic, not postal!!!"

Hell yeah, I'd love to see more pit views. What airstrip was that takeoff from, if I can ask. And PM away, I'm a big fan of aircraft shots. I posted this one of my Desktop in another thread recently and got compliments for it:

Big Falcon fan here, so it's a good thing I live in Las Vegas with Nellis right down the road as the home of the Thunderbirds. :D

Thanks for anything you'd care to share.

I can tell you everything about that particular flight. It was in a F-15, tail number 85-0134. It's a D model. I'm stationed at Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska, but that was Tyndall AFB in Panama City Florida. We were TDY. That was just a dicking around flight. We went Mach 1.1, pulled 8.8G's did loops, rolls, combat tactics, just dicked around for about an hour and 3 minutes. I'll PM them to you now.

If anyone wants copies, PM me, unless a MOD says its cool to post them in here then I'll post them in here.

i am confused. is this thread about post your desktop screenshot, or post your pc screenshots? (like the workstation!):confused:

maybe just a tiny bit but its not noticable. when i first set it as a background, it gets a bit laggy but then it gets goin.

Hrm, I just downloaded it the otehr day but have yet to try, maybe I shall...

I can tell you everything about that particular flight. It was in a F-15, tail number 85-0134. It's a D model. I'm stationed at Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska, but that was Tyndall AFB in Panama City Florida. We were TDY. That was just a dicking around flight. We went Mach 1.1, pulled 8.8G's did loops, rolls, combat tactics, just dicked around for about an hour and 3 minutes. I'll PM them to you now.

If anyone wants copies, PM me, unless a MOD says its cool to post them in here then I'll post them in here.

Usually I'm not a dick like this, but I have to ask.

How much gas did you use just for that?

Usually I'm not a dick like this either.. but I have to ask....

Have you ever considered that it's rather important that those that serve and protect our country use as much "gas" as necessary to ensure that they are in top form, ready to do their job at moments notice, at any given time to protect you and I in the event that such measures are required? It's not recreation, it's practice.. they aren't driving NASCAR or a top fuel funny car for entertainment (which, by the way will burn 10~15 gallons of nitro methane fuel in 3~4 seconds...you know.. for entertainment)

OEM and those that devote their lives to protect us are the shit.. period.. and I appreciate what they do, and they deserve our thanks.

So, there you go OEM.. thank you for devoting your life to serving our country.. It does not go unappreciated, and I sincerely respect you for what you do for the rest of us.

And I really like the pictures.. kick ass..

OEM and those that devote their lives to protect us are the shit.. period.. and I appreciate what they do, and they deserve our thanks.

So, there you go OEM.. thank you for devoting your life to serving our country.. It does not go unappreciated, and I sincerely respect you for what you do for the rest of us.

And I really like the pictures.. kick ass..

Thank you for what you said. Not many people see it like that.

But he has a right to know, so:

About 21,900 pounds for a little over an hour. That much gas can last longer depending how long we were in after burner. We were in after burner quite a bit, thats why it was only about an hour.

It comes out to about 3000 gallons of JP8.

Really not that much when you look at the big picture of gas used a day. I did say it was a dicking around flight, but it still counts as a combat training sortie, and the pilot did dog fight maneuvers. Don't know if that makes it any better, but there was training done.

Just for the record, I did thank OEM for his efforts also, I just did it in a PM where I recounted some history about myself and my Dad's and brothers time in the US military - something I wanted to do myself but, hey, having an above genius level IQ wasn't enough to get past the Bodyfat Tables they couldn't seem to understand don't apply to someone 6'6" tall and 375 lbs. :D

Even so, I do thank him and others for all the effort they put into serving their country with honor and respect.

As my sig on a flightsim forum says:

"That's not noise... that's the sound of freedom... burn baby, burn..."

:D

Just for the record, I did thank OEM for his efforts also, I just did it in a PM where I recounted some history about myself and my Dad's and brothers time in the US military - something I wanted to do myself but, hey, having an above genius level IQ wasn't enough to get past the Bodyfat Tables they couldn't seem to understand don't apply to someone 6'6" tall and 375 lbs. :D

Even so, I do thank him and others for all the effort they put into serving their country with honor and respect.

As my sig on a flightsim forum says:

"That's not noise... that's the sound of freedom... burn baby, burn..."

:D

And I thank you too. Not many people seem to care or say thanks any more. But I don't care, thats not why I do it. I come from a military family, both my parents are still currently active duty and my brother is active duty as well. So, it runs in the family.:D

when you have the multiple windows organized on the screen like Apple's Expose -- did you arrange them like that or is there an expose-like feature that will do that?

Looks like he just used the Expose feature.

XGL/Compiz/Beryl all can do the cube, expose, etc etc. Though Beryl does lend itself to more plugins.

oem, ur parents r active? what component? I just left 1 Mar :(....miss it man. Obtw, if you have questions...anything, ask me. I used to be a recruiter. I mean, u can probably get answers from ur parents but as for admin, logistics, quals and other crap about the military, I'm pretty up on it.

and btw, I lost 50 lbs to join many moons ago and the military has laxed it requirements on both age and weight. later dude...

OT, too lazy to post the desktop but this is my wallpaper. What can I say, I'm greek :)
http://www.celebritywonder.com/wallpaper/2007_300.html

oem, ur parents r active? what component? I just left 1 Mar :(....miss it man. Obtw, if you have questions...anything, ask me. I used to be a recruiter. I mean, u can probably get answers from ur parents but as for admin, logistics, quals and other crap about the military, I'm pretty up on it.

and btw, I lost 50 lbs to join many moons ago and the military has laxed it requirements on both age and weight. later dude...

OT, too lazy to post the desktop but this is my wallpaper. What can I say, I'm greek :)
http://www.celebritywonder.com/wallpaper/2007_300.html

They are both still active at McGuire AFB in New Jersey. My dad used to be a recruiter in Tallahassee Florida.

My brother is an air traffic controller at tyndall :D

Weird. I wonder if he was the one that gave me clearance that day to fly.:confused:

Back