Post your Oblivion pics here!

High five!

Looks like the party started without me. :(

My three pretty ladies.

I'm making great progress on my DoF mod, but it still needs a little tweaking, and of course, I have to do a number of different versions to accommodate people's specific systems, and also their preferred level of blurriness...

Here's some latest screenshots of the latest DoF, and also some new LOD textures and normals I made...

looks off the hook! how's the performance hit? if any? it's a filter you apply to the finished "horizon" after it's drawn? hopefully only a small hit. :)

looks off the hook! how's the performance hit? if any? it's a filter you apply to the finished "horizon" after it's drawn? hopefully only a small hit. :)

It consists of two spheres that surround the player. One sphere is closer and has a weaker effect, while the other is farther and is stronger. This will actually give a performance boost to some since higher res LOD textures may not be needed since they are blurred.

Alexandra's Wings Mod. - Comes with dragon (like mine), angel, dark angel, Imp and eagle wings. Most can be equiped in a 'up' or 'down' fashion. Mine are dragon 'down' wings.

Jumpin Jebus in a go kart. Between that and Qarl's 3 (I posted my pics before looking at the rest of the thread :::for shame::: ) I'm having sugar shock from all the eye candy.

:::MUST INSTALL MODS:::: :::MUST PLAY OBLIVION::: :drool:

Hi guys! I'm very close to releasing Qarl's Texture Pack 3. But I'm currently working on a lot of textures (and meshes as it happens) which the beta testers found fault with, so it may be a few days before I fix all these things...

Qarl, I just have to say thank you. You make Oblivion worth playing.

Qarls 3 is in Beta.

I want to get my hands on the DOF soon. Ugh, it was one of my fave features in Gothic 3.

Is Quarl's 3 out yet??

Nearly - see early on in the post for pics with the beta of Qarls 3.

He he and Nate_MachV beat me to it :)

Qarl's textures absolutely rock and DOF looks sweet. Man, look at that first screenshot in my quote post. That's f'ing unreal.

A bit of elf-demon-girl on daedra chick action... :p

127fs113857.jpg

A bit of elf-demon-girl on daedra chick action... :p

Excellent! Droopz, what mod is the black elven armor from? Hell, I want to know *all* the mods you are running LOL Okay, just the major ones.

I think we should make it a requirement of this thread that if you post cool pics of monsters/and or character enhancements you must also list the mods so that others may enjoy the same gaming goodness :D!

Excellent! Droopz, what mod is the black elven armor from? Hell, I want to know *all* the mods you are running LOL Okay, just the major ones.

I think we should make it a requirement of this thread that if you post cool pics of monsters/and or character enhancements you must also list the mods so that others may enjoy the same gaming goodness :D!

I made a very large effort to make sure my game has stayed balanced with these mods.

OOO - Armour came with this I think.
MMM
Immersive Interface
BT Mod
Illumination Within
Natural Environments/Habitat/Weather
Natural Weather Unofficial Patch
Landscape LOD/No tiling
No Psychic Guards
Ren's Pack
Myths and Legends
Thievery In Imperial City
Living Economy
Alexandra's Wings
Bank of Cyrodil
Visually Enchanted Weapons
Improved Soulgems
Improved Rings + Amulets
Improved Facial Textures
Book Textures
Quiet Feet
Gorier Blood
Colour Map Mod
House Map Markers
Eshme's Female bodies
Keychain
Saddle bags
Call Steed

The most important out of all of these are OOO and MMM. I'm still looking for a really good player's house mod that isnt unbalanced, and waiting for Qarls Tex Pack 3 before I commit to the DL.

I am still not using OOO. I see to many things with compatability issues... I've got it downloaded, but not sure I want to install it.

Right now, I am running:

Short Grass
Gray Cowl of Nocturnal Fix
Arena Fix
Attack and Hide
Cheydinhal Petshop
Decorator Assistant (uses OBSE)
Expanded Hotkeys (uses OBSE)
Fathis Fix
Francesco's
Gems Mod
Gray Fox Armor
Immersive Wait
Kumiko Manor
Living Economy
Magik Mod
MMM
Moveble Bodies
Natural Water
Natural Weather
No Psychic Guards
Gray Fox Armor 2
Arena Loot
Seasons Mod
Natural Wildlife
Unlocker
Topal Island
Verna House
Vile of Bloot
Weather Inside
White Glass
Bank Mod
LOD/Tiling Fix
Quarl's Texture Packs
Better Sky
Better Moons
Better Gold
Better Rings
Better Amulets
Better Blood

I also have Knights of the Nine and all the official addon's. I am using a lot of mods, and don't want to see any of them cause problems with OOO.

Seriously, OOO is the mod to run. Just load it first, then load everything else after it, that way they over-ride the parts the effect.

Just because the 'conflict' doesn't mean there will be a problem. It just means they are effecting the same thing.

You really cant use OOO and Francesco's together though, as they do nearly all the same stuff, just OOO add's more and does it in a different way.

Seriously, OOO is the mod to run. Just load it first, then load everything else after it, that way they over-ride the parts the effect.

Just because the 'conflict' doesn't mean there will be a problem. It just means they are effecting the same thing.

You really cant use OOO and Francesco's together though, as they do nearly all the same stuff, just OOO add's more and does it in a different way.

Thank you for the list, and you too, Viper87227.

Is there a preferred order? I'm installing Oblivion again, now (I recently upgraded my HD, and have been playing other things - this thread reminded me of just how much I love this game :D). I'm getting OMOD, O³ (I used this before when it first came out - the expansion to have - I thought your armor came from there), MMM, Ren's and some of the others on Viper's list.

I'm DL'ding O³ now (which it is huge, I just got done getting MMM).

What's the latest and greatest texture/enhancements available? I've used the natural landscapes stuff before, but if I remember correctly, there were a bunch of them. I guess I'll look for a pack of all of them. The fauna and flora from a few pages back look great.

EDIT: I'm over at tessource.net, mod "shopping" while O³ downloads. Some really grat mods have been released since I last played. I was using O³ before, but not this latest version. Does anyone remember which mod adds the dremora hair? I'm getting Ren's and elaborate eyes, but I don't remember where I got the dremora hair from in the screen shots I posted.

EDIT#2: Maybe I'll just make an Oblivion Mod thread so that the pics thread doesn't get clogged up, though it would be nice if those posting screenies would mention the mods they are using.

OK... Here's some news on Qarl's Texture Pack 3. As many of you know, it's currently in beta testing. But I made quite a few big changes since the beta was released, so no one but me has these yet. :) First of all, I finally relented and redid the coastal rocks and got rid of the ones with all the fossils. I liked the fossils but they were a major source of centention as some people loved them and some people hated them -well, they're gone. I like the new ones better though. Here's a screenshot -but note: I'm using 2048x2048 textures and normals in that shot. I'll be reducing them before the final release of QTP3, so they won't look quite as good as they do here...

beach rocks from QTP2 new beach rocks

I also redid the blood spatters...

before after

I have a new normal technique and I can see it is really going to make things in the mid-distance level look MUCH better. Before, my texture packs tended to make just the very close things look good, these new normals should extend that "good look" range out to the mid-level. Here's some comparison screenshots to show what I mean...

vanilla QTP3 Beta QTP3 RC1

vanilla QTP3 Beta QTP3 RC1

Note: My 6800GT can't do AA and HDR so there's no AA in these shots. Also the new AF on newer cards is much better than mine.

Finally, here's just some more fun, vanilla vs. QTP3 shots:

vanilla QTP3

vanilla QTP3

vanilla QTP3

(That last shot also shows off that new normal map technique I'm using.)

wow... the vanilla comparisons are crazy! I can't say it enough, but really nice work! :)

PS: I like the new coastal rocks also.. the old ones were cool, but the new ones look more real to life. Very pourous also. :)

Qarl those textures and normal maps look great. How much of a performance hit does your 6800GT see? The performance hit is really the only thing holding me back from DLing and installing your texture packs. Is it like a few frames or any at all? I have a x1950pro 256mb... thanks :)

Thanks guys!

Qarl those textures and normal maps look great. How much of a performance hit does your 6800GT see? The performance hit is really the only thing holding me back from DLing and installing your texture packs. Is it like a few frames or any at all? I have a x1950pro 256mb... thanks :)

Well, currently my game is nearly unplayable it's so slow. But I'm running the latest version of QTP3, and new 4096x4096 LOD textures AND normal maps I'm working on, and my new Depth of Field mod. This latest QTP3 really like to have at least 512MB of video RAM, but some beta testers are reporting OK fps with 256MB cards...

What i love most about this are the increased distance graphics. Absolutely stunning!

I do hope i can get this distance mod apart from all the other mods. (the rocks, blood, etc)
Cause theres one thing i dont really think is better than the original.

Compare these 2 pics: vanilla QTP3 RC1

I'm talking about the ground textures on the right down the hill, and those darker textures more on top of the hill.
It kinda looks unnatural to me if you compare them with the ones from the first original pic.
Anyways.. cheers mate, hope you can balance this out.

I hope my english was good enough to explain my point.

:eek: I'm awestruck :eek:

Thanks guys!

Well, currently my game is nearly unplayable it's so slow. But I'm running the latest version of QTP3, and new 4096x4096 LOD textures AND normal maps I'm working on, and my new Depth of Field mod. This latest QTP3 really like to have at least 512MB of video RAM, but some beta testers are reporting OK fps with 256MB cards...

Man, we really need to take up a collection to get you some new hardware. As much as you have done for the game Oblivion, I'd love to see someone like Kyle float you a decent video card. If anyone deserves to get some hardware, it's you. The Oblivion community in general has already gotten back the price of a decent video card 10 fold from you.

So how much do the graphical add-ons liek Quarl's texture packs affect performance?

I'm gearing up to play Oblivion for the first time and this really has me curious...

:eek: I'm awestruck :eek:

Man, we really need to take up a collection to get you some new hardware. As much as you have done for the game Oblivion, I'd love to see someone like Kyle float you a decent video card. If anyone deserves to get some hardware, it's you. The Oblivion community in general has already gotten back the price of a decent video card 10 fold from you.

I'd throw in $15US no worries at all. Quality modders like Qarl will keep these games alive. I mean, the games over a year old or something and it still at multipul 10+ page threads on most computer forums.

I'd throw in $15US no worries at all. Quality modders like Qarl will keep these games alive. I mean, the games over a year old or something and it still at multipul 10+ page threads on most computer forums.

Oblivion came out March 06. :)

Franceso's I could do without anyways. But, how do I run OOO first? Is there a way to change the order?

Qarl, that is some amazing work your doing. Particularly those indoor shots in the last few pics. That brick is stunning. One thing I don't like though is the blur for outdoor environments. Will the final release have the option tone that down or remove it?

Franceso's I could do without anyways. But, how do I run OOO first? Is there a way to change the order?

Google OBMM made by Timeslip. That lets you change load order among many other things. A must for every mod user.

Qarl, that is some amazing work your doing. Particularly those indoor shots in the last few pics. That brick is stunning. One thing I don't like though is the blur for outdoor environments. Will the final release have the option tone that down or remove it?

The blur is from his other mod, will be totally separate from his texture pack #3.

Exactly. Making sure that they have the hardware they need to keep making the mods is the very least the community can do. Oblivion stock is good. Modders like Qarls, Oscuro and Martingen make it exceptional. It's worth a few hours just to wander around marvelling at the world when I install some of these mods.

I also got Knights of the Nine today, so now I even have a new quest line to play with all of this textured goodness :D. Between all of the new content that Oscuro's adds and KotN, I basically do have a new game.

BTW - I found the Dremora Hair mod I was looking for. It comes with Capucine's Character Expander, which also adds a bunch of eye colors and such. I couldn't remember if I used that or Elaborate Eyes before, but now I remember it was Capucines. I'm going to get that wing pack you have, Droopz. That's just plain badass.

Here are a few of my own, now that i've got the game reinstalled.

book1ng5.jpg

I'm using the Book Jackets mod.

book2if5.jpg

More books

caveog8.jpg

A cave

prettyit7.jpg

On the road to Cheydinhal is one of the nicest looking areas in the game, IMHO.

sunrisezy5.jpg

Sunrise in Cyrodil

GOTTA GET THAT NINROOT!!!!

lol... seriously, I'm a fanatical god-damn Ninroot collector. I'm SO close to finishing the last of those quests and im only level 15 or so.

Back