Post your NFSU2 rides here

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg
 
oh noes, i think im gonna cry. Somebody show some good looking cars to convince me to buy it.
 
Ricedaddy said:
I can't wait to play this :D
no offence or anything, but after i read your post, i looked at your name and laughed. :p
should be your type of game, no offence once again ;)
 
nfsu2fiz2.jpg

Kinda more riced than I want, I forgot to take off the neon and didn't feel like driving to the specialties shop to take the shit off.
 
The only thing I don't like about the game is how you have to drive around and find the stupid paintshops, bodyshops, performance shops, etc. After you find them the first time it's fine, but damn is it annoying until then. And the only directions the game gives are things like, "It's by the Burger King in <some district the location of which you can't even find because the game doesn't label them on the map, it only tells you what district you're in when you're entering it>"
 
finalgt said:
The only thing I don't like about the game is how you have to drive around and find the stupid paintshops, bodyshops, performance shops, etc. After you find them the first time it's fine, but damn is it annoying until then. And the only directions the game gives are things like, "It's by the Burger King in <some district the location of which you can't even find because the game doesn't label them on the map, it only tells you what district you're in when you're entering it>"

I think the areas are labeled well. If you look at the street signs it tells you where stuff is. Also, if you get on the interstate, it'll take you to each section with a nice big green sign telling you where it is. And the GPS system you can use helps a lot too...
 
Anyone getting not so good framerates? Everything maxed @ 1280x1024 only getting me 40 ish. I think I should be getting a tad better with it going through an x800 pro:confused:
 
]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
this thread needs more pics. I want to see what I'm missing by waiting for the console verson.

Well, the PC version did look leagues above last time in NFSU Original. Played that puppy with my PS2 controller. It's really the way to go. Very crisp game even on my 9700 compared to the consoles.
 
Dunno exactly but im not too far in starting to get a few Level 2 Upgrades
 
105.jpg


Nice & Clean... putting out almost 500hp now :cool:

Tons more pics/vids here

MX2times said:
Anyone getting not so good framerates? Everything maxed @ 1280x1024 only getting me 40 ish. I think I should be getting a tad better with it going through an x800 pro:confused:

I'm playing the game with a geforce 3, with the detail slider right in the middle, and I get about 25-30fps... I need to upgrade my card badly! the car would probably look like it's moving twice as fast as it does now if I did.

I tried full detail @ 1024x768 and got something like 7fps.. but it looks sooo nice! My card pukes & chokes the second it sees any kind of aa/af. :(
 
W.O.T. Stang I'm playing the game with a geforce 3 said:
sooo[/b] nice! My card pukes & chokes the second it sees any kind of aa/af. :(
I am running the Cat Beta 4.12's now and my fps are where they should be....sooo pretty;)
 
W.O.T. Stang said:
105.jpg


Nice & Clean... putting out almost 500hp now :cool:

Tons more pics/vids here



I'm playing the game with a geforce 3, with the detail slider right in the middle, and I get about 25-30fps... I need to upgrade my card badly! the car would probably look like it's moving twice as fast as it does now if I did.

I tried full detail @ 1024x768 and got something like 7fps.. but it looks sooo nice! My card pukes & chokes the second it sees any kind of aa/af. :(

I got same card and I get same frames. Average is like 22fps. It is really playable with 22fps and 640x480 medium details.
 
Two questions:

How do you know how many horses your car has? On the dyno it only seems to tell you torque and power in KW...

and

Is there a point in using a Hummer/Escalade/Navigator? Other than racing a 4/5 ton sleepy hut? When you use those cars are you always out against other SUVs?
 
Munka said:
Two questions:

How do you know how many horses your car has? On the dyno it only seems to tell you torque and power in KW...

and

Is there a point in using a Hummer/Escalade/Navigator? Other than racing a 4/5 ton sleepy hut? When you use those cars are you always out against other SUVs?

As far as the 1st question goes it doesn't really matter anyways because the game isn't realistic at ALL! I mean i bought a rx7 and according to the game i can put on racing cams and port the heads, etc. One problem. That motor has NEITHER of those parts! :p The game is all rice. Even with the domestics in it. Its all bling and no go. The damn body kits, hood scoops, roof scoopes (wtf why?! this isn't a rally game!!!) and wing make it look like its gonna take off at ANY moment! Like i tell ricers with their silly crap. The airport is that way *points*! :p

PS: The suvs are only there to bring in the rest of the idiot "crowd" into the game... they serve NO purpose much like 95% rest of the game! :p
 
Tazman2 said:
As far as the 1st question goes it doesn't really matter anyways because the game isn't realistic at ALL! I mean i bought a rx7 and according to the game i can put on racing cams and port the heads, etc. One problem. That motor has NEITHER of those parts! :p The game is all rice. Even with the domestics in it. Its all bling and no go. The damn body kits, hood scoops, roof scoopes (wtf why?! this isn't a rally game!!!) and wing make it look like its gonna take off at ANY moment! Like i tell ricers with their silly crap. The airport is that way *points*! :p

PS: The suvs are only there to bring in the rest of the idiot "crowd" into the game... they serve NO purpose much like 95% rest of the game! :p


seems your sig is kinda fitting :rolleyes:

you realise that ricing is the POINT of the game, right?

edit: further more I think EA deserves a little credit in the realism dept. for this game cuz it's a huge step forward from the last.
 
Munka said:
seems your sig is kinda fitting :rolleyes:

you realise that ricing is the POINT of the game, right?

edit: further more I think EA deserves a little credit in the realism dept. for this game cuz it's a huge step forward from the last.

Yes i agree BUT NOWHERE does it say that its meant for ricing. Example. Fast and the Furious was a movie yes? ie fake? Yet look what it brought out and created! This game doesn't help the situation at ALL! The only reason it exists is being ricers r idiots and will buy anything that is "bling" or portrays that "bling. Ie rims that weigh more then the car that just slow it down and break trannys, wings that do more worse then good, lights that are harder to see the the stock, etc. etc. And as far as the "realism improvement" sure maybe from the last game but thats like saying a new hooker is "better" because she hasen't spread herself out as much as the hooker who has been around for longer! :p
 
ummm, it dosen't say it's "meant" for ricing?


I'm not defeding ricers or anything like that, I think they are kinda stupid, but there is nothing wrong with ricing your car in a video game... at all.

From EA's Website:

"Performance Tuning: Tune every aspect of your car’s performance with hundreds of licensed aftermarket performance upgrades and then fine-tune everything from the gear ratio to the suspension for the ultimate ride."

" Visual Customization: With more than twice the visual customizations of last year’s game, there are literally billions of car combinations available to gamers. Featuring audio upgrades, scissor doors, spoilers, headlights, side skirts, roof scoops, hoods, rims, wide body kits, neon and more, if you can trick it out in real life, you can trick it out in Need for Speed Underground 2."

In particular... that second one there, sounds a lot like a game spcifically made for the purpose of ricing.

On top of that the first game in particular was an arcade game, this one changes that a little... The series wasn't originally made to be realistic, and i think they've done all they an to fix that in the new version. You can't dock a game for being unrealistic I don't think.... especially when they were not going for 100% realism anyway. Besides, movies, television it's all unrealistic because realism tends to be a little boring anyhow.
 
Munka said:
ummm, it dosen't say it's "meant" for ricing?


I'm not defeding ricers or anything like that, I think they are kinda stupid, but there is nothing wrong with ricing your car in a video game... at all.

Then why do i see the same crap on the streets as in video games and that stupid movie slow and the ricey (F&F for u people without a SOH)? Ohh right because people r idiots and do what they see in the movies/video games! Ricers being the BIGGEST proof of that rule. Instead of 1 out of 10000 doing what stupid thing they saw in a movie/game they r like 1 out of 3. Just watch. Within 1 month the "whale" wing from NFS:U2 will be sold by APC and ricers WILL buy it because in the game it was the shiznit! :p
 
Tazman2 said:
Then why do i see the same crap on the streets as in video games and that stupid movie slow and the ricey (F&F for u people without a SOH)? Ohh right because people r idiots and do what they see in the movies/video games! Ricers being the BIGGEST proof of that rule. Instead of 1 out of 10000 doing what stupid thing they saw in a movie/game they r like 1 out of 3. Just watch. Within 1 month the "whale" wing from NFS:U2 will be sold by APC and ricers WILL buy it because in the game it was the shiznit! :p

Man..what did these cars ever do to u!?..Relax...its a hobbie and if they want to spend their money on their cars...they have every right to. There are plenty of people out there that think upgrading to a $400 videocard is stupid..whats it to them. For some reason you sound pretty pissed off about this car custom craze...

Life is short...let people be happy with what they enjoy doing
 
inglewood78 said:
Man..what did these cars ever do to u!?..Relax...its a hobbie and if they want to spend their money on their cars...they have every right to. There are plenty of people out there that think upgrading to a $400 videocard is stupid..whats it to them. For some reason you sound pretty pissed off about this car custom craze...

Life is short...let people be happy with what they enjoy doing

QTF, quit acting like a little bitch and stop going off topic.
 
Here's my skyline, ya ya its got some rice on it but to advance in the game you have to rice it out :)

nfsu1.jpg

nfsu2.jpg
 
dang, 10 star car. O_O
my car is only like a 6 star.

how long have you been playing the game lol?
 
inglewood78 said:
Man..what did these cars ever do to u!?..Relax...its a hobbie and if they want to spend their money on their cars...they have every right to. There are plenty of people out there that think upgrading to a $400 videocard is stupid..whats it to them. For some reason you sound pretty pissed off about this car custom craze...

Life is short...let people be happy with what they enjoy doing


Yes but a video card doesn't make me drive like a idiot and endager other people, increase theft rate of cars and car related crap, etc. THATS the difference. Why do u think the hondas are the most broken into car? :p
 
It's only a game guys.. As you can see by my car, i'm not into the whole bodykit/20's/wings higher then the roof. To me it's just another racing game, even if it's so "tuner" based from how the people in it act, and how people make it out to seem.

At least they attempted to add American car's to it this time. I like the gamemode a lot better too.
 
*update*

and this is what the audi looked like before paint i kinda think it looked better lol
 
my TT

It's normaly black, but this color makes it more easy to see how it looks

nfsu-tt1.jpg

nfsu-tt2.jpg
 
Back
Top