Post Your Networkdiagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
gta95 said:
Networked Washers and Dryers? A SlingBox, HTPC, and a cable box? Isn't that a little outta hand?
Nope, not at all! The more stuff networked the better is the way I look at things!

that would be the most more power ever!!!!! uhuhuh!!!!

I think it covers every angle

Drawing1.jpg

Thats whats hooked up right now, the extra switches are for when people come over. My first time with Visio.

to bad i dont have enough room for them all, i picked up that cisco and another for 5 bucks at a ham fest

are the ones that look like linux icons using something other then visio? I just got visio from my msdn but i like some of the icons you guys are using.

just played around with Visio pretty cool, im going to make a more detailed diagram soon but this is not bad for a start i dont think, any questions just ask

NETWORK1.jpg

Here is mine I used SmartDraw, when I saved it shows right in the middle of the picture that I used the trial version. But here it is not a big network in my house a small one that I put together (taught my self all network stuff) I know most of you have but I feel special
cool.gif
Well here it is... Dont laugh to hard

mynetworkdiagramdl4.jpg

Heres a newer version... I replaced some of the Visio standart shapes with new ones i created...

Homenetwork_061105_2_vsmall.jpg

Large image here

Mine used graphics I found from open-source repositories in Wikipedia. Most were part of the "nuvola" theme. I just used a pretty basic graphic editing program to paste a bunch of em on, rearrange em, and add subtitles. (and then draw some pretty lines ^_^)

Stang Man said:
mind posting your visio icon set?

Network_Shapes_Repuls.jpg

This is an overview over my self made shapes so far :)

I created them for a project i do at the moment...

I like some of those... Are the shapes .png format or what? I could use some of those in my own diagram, especially the Cisco ones. :)

lol

If I posted my network it would be a bit to much

9 floors, 15 servers, 120 thin clients, 18 desktop systems, network fax stystems, network printers . photocopiers... you name it.

Jay_oasis said:
lol

9 floors, 15 servers, 120 thin clients, 18 desktop systems, network fax stystems, network printers . photocopiers... you name it.

That's your home network?

Jay_oasis said:
lol

Well, here we go. Pics or Shens.

Jay_oasis said:
lol

for a home network? i call bs, unless it's like an apartment complex or hotel.

and that network, is NOT complex. that is super simple. Try managing environments where you have 1000s of servers and even more workstations, faxes, printers, etc..

Repuls said:
http://mikenet.ch/hardforums/2006/Network_Shapes_Repuls.jpg

This is an overview over my self made shapes so far :)

I created them for a project i do at the moment...

can please you post the *.vss for those HP systems? :cool:

Back to topic... Here's mine (it's a work in progress) :

[PIC deleted]

This network is all done in our house with concealed wires I installed during the construction period. Each room has at least a outlet with a phone jack, RJ45 jack and in some rooms, CAT6 for A/V. The wireless AP is there in case I bring the laptop outside on a nice day or bring a computer in a area too far from the RJ45 outlet, connected via a USB wireless adapter.

jeffmoss26 said:
Here is a diagram of the network at my dad's work that I did for networking class here at the University of Toledo. The image was scanned to a pdf then converted to a jpg so the quality isn't the greatest.

I would advise you ask for permission. Not all corporations will want to display their diagram to the public to avoid hackers knowing how the network works inside then do a precise attack.

At my work, I have a very big diagram detailing all the parts and the interconnections. The netadmin told us to never never ever display this diagram anywhere and to keep it to ourselves.

Updated network diagram :

XINET-12262006.jpg

Green area is the internal safe network and the orange area is the DMZ zone for ftp/http server. The laptop is either plugged to a network jack or running wireless with a USB wireless adapter.

This is my home network including our lanparty network lab. The lab is not always powered up, since that would be to much money to spend. It's used to test the configuration of the servers before our lanparties (200 participants) and to do some developement on our network survaillance system (actually based on snmp-queries and nmap-scans, data is stored in a mysql database).

network.jpg

click to enlarge

and that network, is NOT complex. that is super simple. Try managing environments where you have 1000s of servers and even more workstations, faxes, printers, etc..

no its not a home network! Its a hotel Network. Where did I say it was a home network?

here is my best attempt, I have removed a lot of info though.

neteg.jpg

you try doing this on your own... 1000s of servers my arse, you have a team for that kind of work.

Also this network is not a stand alone network it links to 100's of other network around the world. Data is passed between them. This network does everything from controlling the lights and temperature of the building to auto ordering stock for the kitchens.

This is my home network including our lanparty network lab. The lab is not always powered up, since that would be to much money to spend. It's used to test the configuration of the servers before our lanparties (200 participants) and to do some developement on our network survaillance system (actually based on snmp-queries and nmap-scans, data is stored in a mysql database).

network.jpg

click to enlarge

damn. I wouldn't want to pay your electric bill

Visio stencils

You should be able to google for them. It has been a while but I think I downloaded them from the HP site...... Never mind just looked them up at visiocafe.com

Just a note. Dell has theirs availabe on thier site.

What can I say, I have a thing for Vlans. :D

omfg

you get the award for most awkardly complex home network ever.

What happens when you have to diagnose a network problem? there are so many layers of complexity there, I'd crap my pants.

however, with that said, thats quite
[H]

omfg

you get the award for most awkardly complex home network ever.

What happens when you have to diagnose a network problem? there are so many layers of complexity there, I'd crap my pants.

however, with that said, thats quite
[H]

Its not that hard. The reason it is so complicated is that I live in on campus housing so I have both my home and work networks set up at home.

Vlan1 = Green Zone Most of my stuff is on that.
Vlan2 = Work Wireless
Vlan4 = Work Server Vlan
Vlan10 = Guest Wireless
Vlan11 = Orange Zone. This is where I put computers that I don't trust, so they can't hose the rest of my network.

It also helps to have all managed switches.

Here is mine.

HomeNetwork.jpg

Any suggestions???

EDIT: Changed image to make some lines easier to distinguish. All Devices listed are at my house. No imaginary, future, or potential devices are listed.

NOTE: There may be some minor issues with some details because I did it from memory (IP and MAC are done via NMap report). Devices which don't list a mac were either not on at the time or not detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back