Post Your Mac Setup!

Yup it suks to a new degree, thats the main reason i just use the mac for movies/TV shows etc. Begging for a new LCD but money ain't falling out of skys anytime soon. Darn skys:(

try a tree...sometimes it grows there :)

ok, so lets get this thread back to its purpose; posting pictures of Mac setups.:rolleyes:

As fun as poppy plants, cocoa plants, and pot plants are... ;)

Here how it looks like at my house (a little bit messy). Allthough I have to admit that I allmost never sits by the desk. :) For most of the time, I sit in the sofa with the MBP in my lap. :D

Very nice, is that one of the new models? I plan on getting one myself once Leopard comes pre-installed. :)

I'll take a pic of my set up once I get things cleaned up.

Very nice, is that one of the new models? I plan on getting one myself once Leopard comes pre-installed. :)

I'll take a pic of my set up once I get things cleaned up.

Thanks! No actually it's one of the first MBP computers Apple sold. It has the 1,83 GHz Core Duo CPU:s.

Since the database was rolled back I'll repost my machine.

nakedmini.jpg

Intel Core Duo 1.66GHz with 2 Gigs of RAM. The picture was taken during the process of swapping for bigger RAM sticks. :p From 512MB to 2.0GB had been a tremendous performance improvement.

Heres some of my mac setup - complete with iPhone :p

Missing from this pic: other MBP, nano, shuffle...

hey aphex187, cool name by the way lol! On a score of 1 to 10 how great is the Iphone from any other gadget?

hey aphex187, cool name by the way lol! On a score of 1 to 10 how great is the Iphone from any other gadget?

Honestly its probably an 8. It does everything you've seen and heard so far and its a very slick and finished product which really suprises me. For me having a full blown web browser is great - up until now I only had Opera on my Blackberry 8800 to get me close to this experience. My 8800 has EDGE like the iPhone and on both devices it has obviously sped up. The horror stories you hear about people and EDGE aren't happening to me.

Visual voicemail is nice, its so much better than the usual hold down 1 to dail, then press 7 to erase, etc, etc.

Camera is pretty good but can be a little slow and blurry.

It will be interesting to see as time goes on if Apple adds more 'apps' to the iPhone and also to see what 3rd parties can come up with.

If you like the iPhone, can afford it and don't mind being on AT&T (or already are) then I recommend it. I've been with AT&T/Cingular/PacBell Wireless for almost 10 years now and have yet to have any problems.

My mac setup as of today: (the photo was taken Friday if you want to be technical ;))

666470476_9a0ec24482.jpg

I still waiting on newegg to get the new macbook pro 15" in stock :(

And to follow on from what aphex187 said, I too would go at least 8. Actually, I'd say it's about the coolest handheld gadget I've ever owned.

lol, well it runs OSX, so I suppose it counts. ;) I fear we may see a huge influx of those kinds of post though...

lol, well it runs OSX, so I suppose it counts. ;) I fear we may see a huge influx of those kinds of post though...

Haha. I'm going to update mine to include my iPhone as well.

Plus the setup is all newly done since I got home from College; I like this disk quite a bit more.

mymacbook_2.jpg

mymacbook_1.jpg

Black MacBook
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
160GB 5400RPM HDD

Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse
Dell 24" LCD 2405FPW

Why'd you buy from newegg? Did they have some sort of deal on them or something?

No, but a newegg preferred account sure helps when you decide on a macbook pro over the low end macbook you thought you wanted ;)

It's turned into a little game now anyway, at first they had no nvidia-based MBP's, then the guided search popped up with one (the 2800$ 17" of course...), now it's a patience test to see if I can wait on the 15" :)

I'm guessing I'll brake by next payday if newegg still haven't received any ;)

Why'd you buy from newegg? Did they have some sort of deal on them or something?

cause newegg has the best customer service/ fast shipping :eek: :)
guess its the same reason for him? :confused: lol

2007.06.28-mbp_back_side_t.jpg

~Week old 15" SR MBP. I still need to figure out where I am going to put it along with the elevator stand and how I'll run the cables. I plan to be using the external monitor/speakers and keyboard/mouse which I can share with the gaming box over the network via synergy.

I'm surprised Apple don't provide black AC adapters to match the BlackBooks!

Not like they provide metal ones to match the MBP's; or Black docks for Black iPods's...

rmw[m]arine;1031211818 said:
mymacbook_2.jpg

mymacbook_1.jpg

Black MacBook
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
160GB 5400RPM HDD

Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse
Dell 24" LCD 2405FPW

I wish mine still looked that new......instead its all greasy and smudge and i have a plastic piece cracked off at the edge of the top plastic piece that holds the keyboard. :(

I had planned to use the MBP as a secondary display but there is no way to position it on this desk so that I can actually read anything on it (too far away/small).

Generic side shot:

Generic front shot:

Cable hell shot (I'd care more about making it look nice if I wasn't going back to school in a month):

Captioned front shot:

woah.....thats a big mousepad

I use the whole thing :p

I usually have a cold drink, and I put it on the pad so it doesn't condense and leave even more crud for me to clean off the glass. The dust already accumulates fast enough...

Here's my Mac setup until I get my new desktop and go to college. I'm loving my MacBook, truely amazing. My camera died so I had to use the camera off my LG enV. I'll update it when I buy a new one. Specifications are in my signature.

setupcd2.jpg

It's very noisy due to the lack of light, but whatever.

942003037_bbeb685dd7_b_d.jpg

iBook G4, 19" LG display, 6x11 Wacom Intuos3, Behringer MS16 speakers. I seriously need to get a new computer.

Back