Post Your Mac Setup!

Octave said:
There, pic of my new setup.

Happy now?

Yes I am, but as this topic says "Post your Mac Setup" Then I wanna see alot here ;)
I haven´t got my MacBook Pro yet so I wanna see many Mac =)

Oh yea, and here's my mac setup. It's up for sale/trade for macbook, I just took these pictures from my other post.

DSC02042.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC02045.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC02029.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC02030.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC02035.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC02039.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC02033.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC02034.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC02032.jpg
[/IMG]

No pics because I'm about to leave to go to class ... but:

Mac Mini (1.42GHz G4, 512MB, OS X 10.4.8, 80GB, Combo drive)
Dell 2005FPW
Logitech G5 mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
(Keyboard, mouse, and Logitech Z640 speakers are shared through a Belkin USB KVM. Monitor's hooked up through the DVI-VGA adapter)

... and a MacBook Pro (2.16GHz Core Duo, 1GB, OS X 10.4.8, 100GB, 15.4")

Black Morty Rackham said:
office.jpg

iBook G4 @ 1.33GHz
17" iiyama aperture grille CRT
Black Apple "pro" keyboard
Logitech MX310 mouse
Pioneer amplifier
I have no idea where I got the speakers

Desk is custom made, and weighs maybe 100 kilograms. Chair is from IKEA, I guess.

Now that color is an eye opener! I love it! :D Nice simple layout too. ;)

haha, it took me a while to figure out where the camera was in the picture if it was a taken with a mirror. :p

Aevron said:
haha, it took me a while to figure out where the camera was in the picture if it was a taken with a mirror. :p

iSight!

i'm bringing this thread back from the dead

anyway keep on posting your setups :D

i'm so excited! i'm going to be ordering a macbook pro once leopard releases :)

Here's my new 15" standard configuration. My 2nd gig of ram should be delivered to my house tomorrow.

macbookprowm1.jpg

img0863tv7.jpg

img0853gy4.jpg

I'm kind of wishing I got the black macbook. My white one shows to much dirt. Oh well.

darkhorse said:
Here's my new 15" standard configuration. My 2nd gig of ram should be delivered to my house tomorrow.

[IM G]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8704/macbookprowm1.jpg[/IMG]

Are you throwing an additional 2GIG stick for 3GB total? My system has 2GB but I haven't noticed that much of a difference from the stockk 1GB before. I don't do power apps I think.

sanj101 said:
Very nice External HDD got a link? I love the look of it nice and sleek, and the power button actually a place u can get to :p

here you go, here's a link to multiple capacities of those WD 2.5" external drives.

link

Very nice External HDD got a link? I love the look of it nice and sleek, and the power button actually a place u can get to

Buy.com has the 120s for $99 and free ship same after shipping at newegg. Costco has the 120s for $99 and tax and the 160s for $129 and tax if you want to walk in and get em.

I dont have one yet, but I will as soon as the Macbook Pros are upgraded =) I'll buy one fast drive internal for apps and a few of these externals for mass storage.

Just thought I'd let you guys know the blue LED, isn't a button, it's just hard drive activity. There is no power button.

Buy.com has the 120s for $99 and free ship same after shipping at newegg. Costco has the 120s for $99 and tax and the 160s for $129 and tax if you want to walk in and get em.

I dont have one yet, but I will as soon as the Macbook Pros are upgraded =) I'll buy one fast drive internal for apps and a few of these externals for mass storage.
Which MacBook Pro Upgrades are you referring to?

They just got upgraded to the Core2Duos.

Are you throwing an additional 2GIG stick for 3GB total? My system has 2GB but I haven't noticed that much of a difference from the stockk 1GB before. I don't do power apps I think.

No I just threw in another 1 gig stick for 2gb total. I run final cut, photoshop and some other higher end apps so it helps a lot.

don't have my good camera on me, so this pic will have to do.
DCFN0002.jpg

PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3gHz
2GB RAM
GeForce 6600 256MB
500GB internal drive
200GB external drive
19" Samsung LCD
14" flat CRT
Altec 880's

AND

regular ass 1.3gHz TBird PC on a KT7A-RAID that rarely gets used

I bought the Mac in December 05, and just haven't used my PC since then. I bought it for Final Cut Studio, since that is my preferred method of editing my films. I use the CRT as my second display when working with FCP, so I can view my footage as I progress. Pictured is one of my current projects, being re-edited with a new soundtrack. I came up with a new death scene in the movie that I'm certain hasn't been done before :).
The PC is just used to burn copies of the DVD. Previous films I used iDVD, but I'm going to use DVD Studio Pro beginning with this one. I'm looking forward to all the extra work I will need to put into the production..
Anyway, everything is crammed on that tiny desk, so I'm going to be building a new desk that will give me a whole lot more space to work with. Eventually I will upgrade the speakers, but there is no rush on that.

My new Mac Pro.

PHOTO-00299-F.jpg

What is it?

3.0 GHz, 6GB RAM, 2x 500 GB HDD, 1 250 GB HDD, 2x Superdrives, 1900XT, 7300GT with 2 Gateway 2275 (22") LCDs and one Gateway 2485 (24" LCD).

My new Mac Pro.

[I MG ]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/EricTheOracle/PHOTO-00299-F.jpg[ /IMG ]

What is it?

3.0 GHz, 6GB RAM, 2x 500 GB HDD, 1 250 GB HDD, 2x Superdrives, 1900XT, 7300GT with 2 Gateway 2275 (22") LCDs and one Gateway 2485 (24" LCD).
I think I speak for all of us when I say DAMN!

I think I speak for all of us when I say DAMN!

But I use it for work and it is a write-off. Right now it's got stock charts streaming all over and I'm waiting for the market to go down a little bit before I start buying in and either begin giggling or frantically selling and jumping out a window.

But I use it for work and it is a write-off. Right now it's got stock charts streaming all over and I'm waiting for the market to go down a little bit before I start buying in and either begin giggling or frantically selling and jumping out a window.

Make sure you've got enough altitude or you'll be disappointed once more.

Reminds me of a comedy where this guy tried jumping to his death through the first floor window. Haha!

I'm getting a Canon S3 soon so I'll have some to contribute.

Make sure you've got enough altitude or you'll be disappointed once more.

Reminds me of a comedy where this guy tried jumping to his death through the first floor window. Haha!

I'm getting a Canon S3 soon so I'll have some to contribute.

As it turns out I didn't get the chance to giggle or jump out my first floor window because the market went flat and I want things to base before I start scaling in.

OSX runs very good on intel. Its a world of difference from my old G4 tower. I enjoy using it alot more than XP or Vista..

Just thought I'd let you guys know the blue LED, isn't a button, it's just hard drive activity. There is no power button.

The 3.5in WD MyBooks have the LED/Power on the front. Check out my pick above or google the WD MyBook Pro 500 gig.

Back