Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
lol.. i so wanted it to be ghetto :(

i tried guys, just to put this mod in this thread. but i do appreciate the props too.

I was told that I should post my Linux "Box" in this forum... Let me know what you guys think!:cool:

overview.jpg

I-Opanel.jpg

CDROM.jpg
just to be clear so everyone else knows please take a sharpie and write linux across the side. to justify "linux box" lol

nice job ..reminds me of my motto.. "i dont fix shit, i just make shit work"

Skil circular saw case that I pulled out of a dumpster and "fixed" with a dremel drill:

dscn1959we2.jpg
Not bad...the first few pics looked like you used some actual care and planning, then I saw that last one and the zip ties redeemed it for me. Very nice, but almost too nice ;).

This is not as ghetto but I find that my APC's run hot with my door close :rolleyes: so... I did a quick mod that helps alot.

:D

I have that exact desk! I've been contemplating doing something similar, but to the back of the desk there.

Not bad...the first few pics looked like you used some actual care and planning, then I saw that last one and the zip ties redeemed it for me. Very nice, but almost too nice ;).

well it wouldnt be ghetto with out the zip ties now would it.

turned a piece of 1/2" mdf into a modern looking monitor stand + a place to slide my work laptop under + an integrated ipod dock.

a couple of teaser pics:
1966143102_68d35bbd40.jpg

All flickr photos for this lil ghetto mod.[/URL]

enjoy.
Is that blood?

lol @ mikey976's box

resourceful and recycled =)

should post pics of my case and the 7 odd fans i use for airflow =)

Don't know if I've posted this already, but I'm decomissioning my old file server & thought I'd take a pic;

fujitaka_ghetto.jpg

Top drive is a 6.4GB Quantum Fireball, then a 20GB Maxtor I got free from a guy who was servicing the photocopier where I used to work (seems they replace the drives each service?!), then 2x 20GB Barracudas which probably both got pulled from old business desktops.

Don't know if I've posted this already, but I'm decomissioning my old file server & thought I'd take a pic;

Top drive is a 6.4GB Quantum Fireball, then a 20GB Maxtor I got free from a guy who was servicing the photocopier where I used to work (seems they replace the drives each service?!), then 2x 20GB Barracudas which probably both got pulled from old business desktops.

That's Awesome! Glad the cardboard didn't just giveway and drop your drives.:D

Case fan mount I posted on the CM690 thread. Turned out better than I thought it would, and I managed to forgo the duck tape. :)

103_2637.jpg

My new Archlinux box was completely non ghetto, but I soon noticed an annoying low-pitch reverberation/resonation. I discovered that pressing my toe against the left panel would cut it down drastically, so I stuck some of the packing foam that the components came in between the frame & the door. Works a treat & doesn't affect cooling!

imgp0429_s.jpg

My stock 6800gs was running at 120 F idle.
Took off the plastic hsf cover and zip tied a 5cm fan over the copper heatsink...
now it's 99 F idle :)

nvidia1.jpg

nvidia2.jpg

nvidia3.jpg

nvidia4.jpg

I was talking with some friends yesterday about Getto-Modded stuff and they brought THIS laptop out to show me. I was so stunned I had to go out to my car and grab my camera for a few shots for this forum. They tell me it still runs XP just fine!

scarylaptop01.jpg

scarylaptop02.jpg

scarylaptop03.jpg

CPU cooling for my P3 933 MHz firewall/proxy:
DSC_7042_DXO.sized.jpg

My workstation before I got the P182 and some decent fans and psu:
DSC_6604.sized.jpg

Ghetto HDD cooling:
DSC_6620.sized.jpg

My syster's temporary build... "Ghetto a PC"l
Lol, Ghetto as in Get-her...

I built this last week, my sister needed a PC that would play movies because her friend was coming to stay the night and they wanted to watch lord of the rings (humf, go figure).
So I put this system together real quick...
Anyway, heres the system spec's:

Socket 370 1000Mhz PIII Toluando (or whatever that series is called)
ASUS TUV4X Mobo (excellent mobo for PIII's, btw)
An old ATI card
512MB RAM like 168 Pin I think...
20GB ATA HD
350W PSU
LITE-ON DVD Burner
Case: some card board box's :)

Heres a bunch of pics, very very ghetter, no screws... just zip ties and duck tape :top:
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Enjoy!

cimg4677pl9.jpg

cimg4681gt1.jpg

cimg4682be3.jpg

cimg4685rn6.jpg

cimg4690db5.jpg

cimg4687bs6.jpg

cimg4688lm3.jpg

cimg4689cx2.jpg

cimg4694jw8.jpg

cimg4696qk6.jpg

Here it is on her desk :)

It's been running strong for over a week! No problems so far :)

Comments, laughs, "that's crazy" comments, "your nuts!" comments, "yuk!!" comments are all welcome!!
Thanks!

Comments, laughs, "that's crazy" comments, "your nuts!" comments, "yuk!!" comments are all welcome!!
Thanks!

I was going to say, "you're going to burn your house down with your cardboard computer."

And the plywood desk is very classy.

I was going to say, "you're going to burn your house down with your cardboard computer."

And the plywood desk is very classy.

I wish I had one of those fancy plywood desks :D.

Ahaha! lol, I know the cardboard is kinda dangerous, but it's just temporary ;)

I built that plywood desk for my sister (shes 12 btw, and I'm 14).
Theres two plywood desks in the pictures. The one with the big samsung LCD is mine and the last pic is with the smaller 19" LCD is her's. :p

Nah, zip ties take a lot of heat to melt.
I Zip tied a fan ona heat sink once, of which the cpu reached 70* c.

Smee, you deserve an award for your lovely cardboard PC. I thought it was plain ghetto until I saw the second box on top with the motherboard and then I knew you were a ghetto All-Star.

And after you receive your award you will receive a beating for making your cardboard PC. :D

More Cardboard, sadly that stupid motherboard was too tall for every case I had laying around.

dscn0271.jpg

dscn0266.jpg

dscn0256.jpg

Its better use then them sitting on my floor... Also the dual sound cards is because I can't remember which one is actually better, and I will likely have a hard time finding drivers for them, and don't want to take it apart to swap. Although its looking like the whole PC may be ditched anyway as I get needed parts for better systems.

Back