Post your CPU temps

jvz555

2[H]4U
Heatsink: Corsair H50 w/2xNoctua P12's
CPU: AMD Phenom II 805e (stock)
Case: Antec 300
Environment: Heater on to ~80

tempsz.png

ignore the chipset temp.. ever since the 191.07 drivers from nvidia the sensors been going nuts..

too lazy for pics, but i just added a second fan to my cogage true spirit hsf and temps went down by 10c. i was amazed. i added a fairly fast fan in the "push" configuration to the fan that came with it in the "pull" configuration... max 100% load temps are 57c now, down from 68c with only 1 fan. using core temp and intel burn test to guage. i also have my space heater on which always makes the comp run hotter. when i came home and checked temps it was in the high 20's with 69f as room temp.

this is a i7 920 at 3.4ghz with +.01 volts and msi x58 pro board... now if i could only get the chipset cooled down...

No pics, but I idle at 122f and 169f under load. Load test done with cpu burn intel burn test.

stock intel cooler right now idle 48c and full load 75c.
two 80mm case fans just don't cut it...i've been lookin at the nzxt tempest evo, what do u think?

33443617.png

Ambient room temperatures are around 16C. Specs are in my sig and the screenshot. I just added a second fan to my Cogage TRUE spirit yesterday, though at best I'm getting 1-2C difference now that I'm doing push/pull.

Have not overclocked yet:

Cooler= Corsair H50
other specs in sig

Stock clocks:
idle= 19-24C according to real temp 3.4
Full load with prime95= around 33-37C

not sure what ambient is but my hands are freezing lol

Current fan configuration as corsair recommends (intake). when i get 4 screws, going to try push pull with the corsair fan and my NZXT case fan. exhaust and intake setups

75 is too high l3uLLDoZeR, I wouldn’t worry if it doesn’t go over that but that’s just me.

who's that chick opty? :D

I’m at work now but this is an old screenshot. It’s what you get with a generic case, bad CPU cooler when it comes to load temps and a hot day.

Corban, you might want to add which Core i5 you have to your signature.

Corban, you might want to add which Core i5 you have to your signature.

yea i was just thinking about that as i read this. thx though for the suggestion

As soon as i figure out which i like better (i.e. exhaust or intake) im going to do some OC
probably to 3.0mhz

A whole 3.0mhz?!!!!!??!?!?!! OMG! [H]ard :p
Nice stock temps btw :) thoughyeah ambient maybe helping a bit lol

i7 920 OC'ed to 4.2GHz

Water cooled (XSPC Delta V3)

In degrees Celsius
Idle: low 40's
Load: high 60's

Really depends on my ambient. There are warm days when I can get within 15C of TjMax running burntest and there are cold days when I can't get any closer than 50C to TjMax.

A whole 3.0mhz?!!!!!??!?!?!! OMG! [H]ard :p
Nice stock temps btw :) thoughyeah ambient maybe helping a bit lol

lol thx. never overclocked before. if that goes well ill go to 3.8 just for you ;)

OK more results:

Corsair h50 cooler
1 fan set up to exhaust (h50 recommends as intake) vs intake

15 minutes of prime95 monitoring temps with real temp 3.4 and CPUID Hardware monitor
stock clocks
Exhaust= core0 max---------------------Core1 max--------------------- Core2 max------------------- Core3 max
-------------------40C-------------------------------37C--------------------------------39C------------------------------39C
-----(but tended to stay at 39)--------------------------------------------------------------------------(tended to stay at 38)

Intake= core0 max--------------------------Core1 max------------------Core2 max----------------------Core3 Max
----------------38C-------------------------------------37C--------------------------38C--------------------------------37C

next is push pull exhaust first

Last edited:
Corban: I think Rossi meant, that you should have meant 3.0Ghz, not megahertz.

firas: the girl is Miranda Kerr posing for GQ

Since the thread just says "Post your CPU temps" not specifying idle or load, I'll show the low end.
Chilly morning, outside is -4C, and my computer sits by a poorly insulated sliding glass door.
Started CoreTemp right after startup, and got a low of 10C and 28C on the cores.
Ran Prime95 before I went to class, got back 3h 40m later, max was still 38C & 47C.

OK 16 minutes of prime95
Corsair H50 cooler
Push pull fan set up as exhaust

same temp monitoring stuff:

core0-----------------------------core1---------------------------------core2--------------------------------core3
--39C-------------------------------36C------------------------------------38C----------------------------------37C

Throughout the test with FFT length 1024K the temps stayed solid at 37 and 36.
now getting into 896K the temps for core0 and 2 are at about 38 and 37 and core 1 and 3 are at 36 solid

stock clocks still

Wolfdale E8400 processor, temp censors stick at 38C and 35C respectively. Tops out at 61C when Intel Burn Test used. OCed to 3.6ghz, tried further, but regardless of settings it causes some amount of blocking in video playback. Not sure if it's a mobo issue or ram.

E8500 @ 4.01 Ghz, 1.36V CPUZ
HSF is Tuniq 120

OCCT Idle: 33C, 33C
OCCT Medium 1H Test: 51C, 51C
OCCT Linpack 1H Test: 67C, 67C

HSF is turned to max speed when running OCCT tests and min speed when not. Real Temp consistently reports temps 5C less than OCCT. don't know which to trust, but figure I'm ok as long as temps don't break 70C.

E8500 @ 4.01 Ghz, 1.36V CPUZ
HSF is Tuniq 120

OCCT Idle: 33C, 33C
OCCT Medium 1H Test: 51C, 51C
OCCT Linpack 1H Test: 67C, 67C

HSF is turned to max speed when running OCCT tests and min speed when not. Real Temp consistently reports temps 5C less than OCCT. don't know which to trust, but figure I'm ok as long as temps don't break 70C.

depending on which version of realtemp you are using believe realtemp.. most likely occt is using a different Tjmax setting..

OK OC results

i5 Core 3.3 Ghz

Running test for Prime95 for 1 hour

idle 35C
Full load average 57C (max was 58)

207x19 -- 3.93Ghz 1.35v
78-85c Load
35-40c Idle

Akasa (Pathetic HDT) Nero + Slipstream @ 1650rpm

Phenom x3 720, Antec 300, cooler master hyper 212 Plus

First pic is obvious Idle - second pic is full load - My voltage in my Bios is on Auto

idle.jpg

fullload.gif

Last edited:
man i almost forgot what windows xp looked like.. even though i just started using windows 7 about a month ago.. :p

yeah lol i have to use it for a couple more days. taxes just came in so thats one of the things im buying. How do my Voltages look for 3.4Ghz I have it set on auto. it fluctuates between 1.392 - 1.408

ambient temp 25c according to my travel alarm

Slightly modded Corsair H50 (pics)

screen shots say everything esle

prim95.png

I think they are great temps considering its a single 120mm radiator.

Also this with with small fft's which gets hotter then the blend test that others in this thread have been using.

All these temps are on Prime95... with Blend or Small FFT. What about Large FFT or other programs?

What about IntelBurnTest v2.4? I consistently had temps differentals of +8 to +10C between P95 and IntelBurnTest on my Q6600. I'm running it at 3.5GHz (2.4GHz stock) and I'll get 62C on IntelBurnTest and 52/54C on P95... that's a big spread.

Last edited:
All these temps are on Prime95... with Blend or Small FFT. What about Large FFT or other programs?

What about IntelBurnTest v2.4? I consistently had temps differentals of +8 to +10C between P95 and IntelBurnTest on my Q6600. I'm running it at 3.5GHz (2.4GHz stock) and I'll get 62C on IntelBurnTest and 52/54C on P95... that's a big spread.

I like to use both P95 and IBT. IBT for a quick stability test, and P95 for 24/7 stability. In terms of a temperature differences, it depends on which P95 test I use. IBT is generally 6C hotter than the P95 blend test, but only 1C hotter than the P95 small FFT.

My temps are 40-45C idle, 60-75C in-game (mostly depending on how many cores the game uses) and ~85C in burntest.

Question for the OP.. if your room is ~80F and your lowest CPU temp is 71.6F I have to wonder if you are adding ice to your watercooling or running the water in from another room(basement?). I'm very curious as I am completely inexperienced with water cooling. I'm an old school air cooler, heh.

BTW, my CPU temps are around 35C at idle and 50-55C under load with a fairly high ambient temp.

Heatsink: Swifty GTZ w/ 320+220 rads
CPU: i7 920 @ 4.1ghz
Case: HAF932
Environment: probably around 70F

idle 30-35
load high 50's, usually not above 60

but that will all change when summer gets here...

Question for the OP.. if your room is ~80F and your lowest CPU temp is 71.6F I have to wonder if you are adding ice to your watercooling or running the water in from another room(basement?). I'm very curious as I am completely inexperienced with water cooling. I'm an old school air cooler, heh.

BTW, my CPU temps are around 35C at idle and 50-55C under load with a fairly high ambient temp.

depending on how long his computers been on.. when it hit 22C heater probably wasnt on.. hell my low temp shows 31C which was almost 3 weeks ago when i accidentally left boinc off over night..

its because for the 22c one, i put the pc right next to the open window and it was cold, but i have gotten 10c when i left it there for a bit but anyways if the heat is around 80, it will still be around 70 because its pushing air. I have corsair H50 so no ice

Why is core temp and real temp only show 2 cores on my system i just put in a q9550. I had a e5200.

Back