Post Your College Setups!!!

At MCLA, in western MA.
PICT0344.jpg

PICT0332.jpg

[ T ] A C O;1030787238 said:
At MCLA, in western MA.
PICT0344.jp

PICT0332.jp

Do you like having dual 22" monitors or would you rather have one 24"? I'm going through that same dilemma, and I can't choose!!

is that a fan on the front of that case? if so, do you ever suck in socks, birds, etc... through that giant gaping hole? haha :p

haha yea, its 2x250mm fans. I wish the side one was a bit smaller so I could see whats in my case a bit easier.

It works great for sucking freshmen chicks in my room!:cool: :eek:

Do you like having dual 22" monitors or would you rather have one 24"? I'm going through that same dilemma, and I can't choose!!

Ya man that was the dellima I had as well. I got both of these for $609 I believe. I like having 2 monitors because I can play a game on one, and have a full function desktop as well. I just got this together last nite, tonight I will try to play a DVD on both screens, dual screen effect. 2x22 gives you 44" of screen space as opposed to 24", is how I look at it. Next year or so Im sure I will get a single 30" of some sort.

Redid my setup because I got a second LCD. I want to start breeding them.

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Wish I had a glass desk here at school! Cool placement of the MyBook. Oh ya, link up that wallpaper!

Michigan State University (McDonel Hall)
dorm001.jpg

the f and f
dorm002.jpg

j.lo
dorm003.jpg

comfy as hell chair
dorm004.jpg

my roommates setup
dorm005.jpg

big ass tv with a custom built mce enclosure below it
dorm006.jpg

my setup and the tv
dorm007.jpg

my setup (closer)
dorm008.jpg

cool setup but honstly u have every single stereotypical college thing known to man in that

guitar
beer pictuers
the college blanket
jennifer lopez poster
bongo drums
lave lamps
mom's care package cookies
poker chips

all thats missing is the the john belushi poster

:p

I goto a local CC, so my "dorm" is at my parents house.

--img snip--

Heh. How's that rolly chair on thick carpet? ;)

The metal cages inside of your case are so reflective that the case looks transparent, so it looks like it's mostly empty. Pretty crazy illusion.

Heh. How's that rolly chair on thick carpet? ;)

The metal cages inside of your case are so reflective that the case looks transparent, so it looks like it's mostly empty. Pretty crazy illusion.

Its not actually that bad, i've flattened it some from rolling around.

Never noticed that before, kinda cool.

Here is a bit of detail, then again its also out-dated.
newroom-1des.jpg

I'm just about finished moving into my new room. There are still some boxes laying around, but it's mostly setup. Enjoy.

P8280086%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280090%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280091%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280093%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280096%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280098%20%28Large%29.JPG

P8280105%20%28Large%29.JPG

The rest of the pictures (as well as non-resized versions of the above) can be found here.

I figured I would post an update now that I have some artwork on the walls and my bed lofted.

P9240148%20%28Custom%29.JPG

P9240142%20%28Custom%29.JPG

The rest of the pictures (resize as well as originals) can be found here.

I'm just about finished moving into my new room. There are still some boxes laying around, but it's mostly setup. Enjoy.
P8280086%20%28Large%29.JPG

Is it just me, or does that wallet seem like it would be impossible to fit in ones pocket? lol

(sorry about image quote, but I cut out the others :) )

SysteX: I spit out my sprite when I saw your wallet. lol Really nice system by the way.

compslckr,

Is that the Sceptre X20g Naga model? I've got one of them! (but it's just sittin on the floor at my parent's house...Guess I should go get the rest of my stuff...LOL, I haven't finished moving all my stuff

yeah, it is the x20g, I have black electrical tape over the "sceptre" name because it was annoying when it flashed red in standby, and the blue was too bright for night time viewing. Good monitor for the price

New dorm room at St Andrews;

I3010004w.jpg

Windows XP Pro on the right, Macbook (OSX/Vista Business) in the middle, openSuSE 10.2 on the left. Debian fileserver (with APC UPS) & BSD firewall are under the desk, hi-fi to the left, speakers are unfortunately on the floor until I find some stands, laser printer down next to the bed. I've got 2x spare LCDs along with a Dreamcast & a PS2 to hook up somewhere as well.

I3010011w.jpg

Oh yes, & my new £75 trackball :)

I3010010w.jpg

Rest of the photos here.

I figured I would post an update now that I have some artwork on the walls and my bed lofted.

P9240142%20%28Custom%29.JPG

The rest of the pictures (resize as well as originals) can be found here.

What Westinghouse TV is that? I'm getting the 37w2 pretty soon.

What Westinghouse TV is that? I'm getting the 37w2 pretty soon.

It's the LVM-37w3. Since I'm also using it as a PC monitor, I really wanted the added resolution of 1080p (the w2 is only 720p)--not to mention I got it for only $820 shipped.

Bad attempt at a panorama;

view_from_bed_panorama.jpg

Speakers are actually about 6ft from the camera, 20" CRT about 10ft.

Much better attempt at a panorama;

view_from_bed.jpg

(sorry for breaking anyone's horizontal scroll, but that'll teach you not to run Opera with the 'fit to width' option!)

Going from left to right;

left-hand speaker (Mission 732)
HP LJ4 laser printer, connected to network via JetDirect card (278000+ pagecount)
Dreamcast with VGA output
slim PS2 with no VGA output :(
Sansui tuner
Shuttle, media machine, see sig
Aurex SB-A10 amplifier
320GB Seagate Barracuda in USB2 enclosure
external DVD+/-RW (region free under Linux)
20" Silicon Graphics CRT (rebadged Sony Triniton)
sitting on top of a dual-socket 486, simply to raise it up a bit!
320GB Seagate Freeagent somewhat hidden behind CRT
MacBook (see sig) with Saitek Eclipse & Kensingto Expert trackball
17" NEC MultiSync
Coolermaster Centurion, gaming machine, see sig, with Razer Krait
moving underneath the desk;
larger beige box is Debian fileserver (see sig), with APC UPS
smaller beige box is m0n0wall firewall (see sig)
5-port 10/100 switch
& the right-hand speaker

I have the CRT facing like that if I'm watching a film/anime or listening to music from the bed & rotate it to the right when I'm sitting at the desk. I now have no fewer than 3x 15" LCDs gathering dust under the bed...

Back