Post Your College Setups!!!

Well here's my apartment...
"Dining Room"... the L-shaped desk and stereo take up most of it...

(click to enlarge)

Living Room

(click to enlarge)

....definately looks like teh pr0n to me!

Just givin ya a hard time bro...you know that. Nice LCD btw.
-Ghent

lithium726 said:
i see an Aspire PSU. bad idea.

well you see nothing but a description, in reality it works fine. The venting isnt the best but it runs stable enough with the amount of shit i have connected to it. Im waiting to build my fileserver then ill upgrade from there.

i see nothing but a brandname who overrates their powersupplies and do not even come close to meeting ATX/Intel/AMD specifications.

lithium726 said:
i see nothing but a brandname who overrates their powersupplies and do not even come close to meeting ATX/Intel/AMD specifications.

you seem to really hate the brand, that's fine, just keep it about the brand, it works fine for me so i don't have any beef.

My Rig & CentOS Web/PvPGN Server: (Specs in sig)

funnzq.jpg

My Laptop: (Dell Latitude CPx)

funog1.jpg

Very cool setup, Punx_Clever!

Yeah I agree, that was back in the day when I didn't know what I know now about Tt. I haven't heard too many things about the PSUs though care to elaborate?
YHPM
you seem to really hate the brand, that's fine, just keep it about the brand, it works fine for me so i don't have any beef.
you can believe whatever you want, but in the end, its not the best unit to be using to run your rig. i would have nothing wrong with their supplies if they didnt overrate them and have a voltage regulation of almost 15% or more when approaching their RATED wattage - Intel/AMD/ATX spec calls for 5% deviation MAX. that mucnh voltage deviation can kill components and it will not run relaibly when loaded up to what it is rated to take.

now, if htey were to take their "550w" units and mark them down to "450", i would have less of a problem with them. they will preform alright at 450. still not the best choice though.

lithium726 said:
Very cool setup, Punx_Clever!

YHPM

you can believe whatever you want, but in the end, its not the best unit to be using to run your rig. i would have nothing wrong with their supplies if they didnt overrate them and have a voltage regulation of almost 15% or more when approaching their RATED wattage - Intel/AMD/ATX spec calls for 5% deviation MAX. that mucnh voltage deviation can kill components and it will not run relaibly when loaded up to what it is rated to take.

now, if htey were to take their "550w" units and mark them down to "450", i would have less of a problem with them. they will preform alright at 450. still not the best choice though.

again i never said it was the best choice or whatnot, just that my system has been running stable pretty much 24/7 for a couple of months now. Only turn the thing off when im not bit torrenting, which right now i dont have much to torrent so i dont bother running it at night. But since you oppose them so much, which PSU would you recommend if i ever take that plunge into buying a new PSU?

Here's mine:

IMG_1532.jpg

Got the main rig on the desk with a 2005fpw and a system running Smoothwall against the wall on the right.

There's an Xbox and dvd player in the record cabinet below the reciever, i moved everything recently so I haven't plugged it back into the network. I also have an old laptop in the dresser below the TV.

The new and improved Apartment version of spydermonkey's college setup!

akingi-PICT0014.JPG

Please dismiss the bottles of pills and soda cans.

You guys have some sick college set ups, ill be in college next year so who knows what ill have, probably nothing special. :D

.Euphoria said:
Good Lord,hire a maid :eek:

I just cleaned it up, but the weird thing is it's just going to look like that in a week. I'm not sure how it happens. I think it might be related to all the pills.

crazy watercooling people. . .no manners, and showing an open system when there could be children around tsk tsk :rolleyes: .

children around ? I'm in an apt. the only child touching this system is me.

No one else touches my system ... :mad:

mohammedtaha said:
children around ? I'm in an apt. the only child touching this system is me.

No one else touches my system ... :mad:

Gawd, I hate it when other people has to use my computer. IT'S MINE FOR GOD SAKES! They can brake it, or install spyware. It just gets in there as soon as someone else touches the computer. :( Nggggg... I see popup banners... all the time.
:eek:

knaSen said:
Gawd, I hate it when other people has to use my computer. IT'S MINE FOR GOD SAKES! They can brake it, or install spyware. It just gets in there as soon as someone else touches the computer. :( Nggggg... I see popup banners... all the time.
:eek:
Add a user. Give him "User", not "Administrator" privledges. Now he can't install crap. Problem solved!

Check this out :) I have changed my rig recently (and am drunk at el momento)
3800+ A64 X2
800gigs of HDD space
x800xt and 9200pci
NEC3540A dvdrw drive
2 2005FPWs
MX518 mouse
theater 550 pro
700m laptop at 1.6, 40gig, dvdrw
crappy speakers (i dont care cause this is my mce box too, and my xbox360 acts as my MCextender.....on my 30in flat wide crt/5.1 surround)

Punx_Clever said:
Already posted this in the workstation thread, but hey, the more the merrier.

That dorm room looks like Witte or Selery at UW Madison WI, am i right :)
I go there too, but Im a senior and live in an APT.

I've seen some real nice setups in this thread, way to go guys.
Here is my setup, just finished it a month ago. Makes programming and design assignments a lot more comfortable to work with than on my laptop that I used all last year :D

desk1.jpg

desk2.jpg

desk3.jpg

And yes I'm from Norway ;)

Specs are in my sig. Merry Xmas.

CC_Pirate said:
Here is my setup, just finished it a month ago. Makes programming and design assignments a lot more comfortable to work with than on my laptop that I used all last year :D

How do you like your Logitech keyboard? If you play any games on it, what kind and to what extent do you use the macros? I've been considering one but I heard no one really uses them for FPS...

Thats correct. They really are not of much use in FPS games. And because I only play FPS games, I dont use them much. The only use Ive found for them so far is buy scripts in CS:S.

cheers

nice setup CC_Pirate
all these pics of two monitors makes me wanna go splash out on another. *then realizes hes not earning and is only 14 and the closest hes gonna get is his dads credit card* :D
plz dont suggest a paper round as im never home at the hours

I picked up a nice second monitor at BJ's for $109. 17" Flatscreen HP. Put it with my old Gateway 17" and got a dualy-setup. Pretty cheap for the monitor.

CC_Pirate said:

desk3.jpg

I had a friend at a LAN party show up with that Logitech keyboard. It made me instantly want to ditch my Micro$oft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite in a heartbeat!

Bassist-X said:
I had a friend at a LAN party show up with that Logitech keyboard. It made me instantly want to ditch my Micro$oft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite in a heartbeat!

Right now I have the Logitech MX 3100 but really want a keyboard with backlit keys so I can game at night.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Octave said:
That dorm room looks like Witte or Selery at UW Madison WI, am i right :)
I go there too, but Im a senior and live in an APT.

I don't know, but I was in Sellery last year and it looked different than that.

Digital Oxide said:
Wow, how can you stand that keyboard? :O.

I tried to type on one of those but I just couldn't.

My friend said the exact same thing - now he loves it and can type 10x's faster

Back