Post Your College Setups!!!

Stellar said:
Thank God I moved out of the dorms. It was barely a step up from a prison cell. :rolleyes:

ComputerDesk.jpg
LOL, I just noticed the Linux for dummies book.

joey222 said:
whats the background on ur laptop mean, ave seen it bout on many pica, fille me in :)

Ive seen it on many desktops also, would like to know what it means also!!

Naldo said:
foofighter, why are your electrical outlets like 5 ft off the gorund? Thats odd.

I think it used to be a place for lamps over beds when the dorm rooms were configured a lil' differently.

Ahhh college.

goodview.jpg

straightup.jpg

And yeah, I know I have a mac sticker on my PC,... it came with my iPod and I had to put it somewhere lol.

Neoaether said:
Ahhh college.

goodview.jpg

straightup.jpg

And yeah, I know I have a mac sticker on my PC,... it came with my iPod and I had to put it somewhere lol.

me <3 apple. ;)

Adango said:
KnaSen where did you get your wallpaper? Any linkage? I have the exact same wall, but the colors are inverted.
Use Photoshop, or even MS paint to invert the colors on it! :)

joey222 said:
whats the background on ur laptop mean, ave seen it bout on many pica, fille me in :)
it's my domain. :)

here's a pic of my desk all clean for study time :O

desk_chair.jpg

Adango said:
KnaSen where did you get your wallpaper? Any linkage? I have the exact same wall, but the colors are inverted.

Which one? I change quite often.. :)

lesman said:
Use Photoshop, or even MS paint to invert the colors on it! :)

Yeah, I completely realized how stupid my post was after I posted it.

Adango said:
Yeah, I completely realized how stupid my post was after I posted it.

Some people just don't know about photoshop.. ;) I have a friend who asks me to rotate images instead of doing it herself :D

haha, you're from NJIT! Can't miss that Yifu calander. Looks like ur in Redwood to me.

viper92086 said:
i figured we have a gallery for everything else but not one of college setups... so lets see them pics!

collegesetup1.jpg

collegesetup2.jpg

yeah, i took the one on deviantart and inverted it and did a hue shift to blue for the eyes

Naldo said:
foofighter, why are your electrical outlets like 5 ft off the gorund? Thats odd.

All of my outlets in college were 5 feet up on the walls. It was strange. I went home weekend and took my tower with me. While I was gone there was a lightning strike that went through the ground line of the ethernet network and toasted 50% of the ethernet cards in the building. That was a fun week.

As far as my systems go I originally had a P3 700 (2000-2001) with a dinky 15" CRT and upgraded to a P3 1Ghz > Athlon 1Ghz > AthlonXP 1800+ til I got out in 2003. At the time I lived on the 3rd floor, no elevators and would carry my 21" NEC 6FG CRT up the steps in the fall and back down in the spring. I wasn't taking it home for breaks :p

Alright. I'll join the fun. This is my roommates and my computer setups.

Ok this is the full room lineup showing everything:
full.jpg

This is my roommates setup (configurations listed below):
todd.jpg

This is my setup (configurations listed below):
mine.jpg

And the infamous Yi Fu Calendars (We also attend NJIT and Yi Fu is the shit):
yifu.jpg

Ok now for some specs:

Roommates Setups:
Main: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe | P4 2.8GHz Northwood 800MHz FSB w/HT | 1GB Dual Channel Corsair DDR400 | Asus Radeon 9800XT | Sound Blaster Live 5.1 | WD 80GB w/8MB Cache | WD 250GB w/8MB Cache | NEC 3500A 16X Dual Layer DVD+/-R | WinFast TV2000 XP Expert | Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers | Optiquest (ViewSonic) Q170b 17" LCD

Fileserver/DC Hub: AMD Duron 900 | 768MB PC133 SDRAM | WD 250GB w/8MB Cache | WD 15GB | DVD-ROM | Slackware Linux 10 (2.6.7 kernel)

Bitch Server (serves no purpose): Pentium II 300MHz | WD 6GB | CD-ROM | Slackware Linux 10 (2.6.7 kernel)

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8500 | P4 2.2GHz 512MHz FSB | 40GB | 512MB DDR | GeForce 4 Ti-4200 Go

MP3: Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra | 30GB

My Setups:
Big Rig: Antec SOHO File Server Case | Antec True Power 480watt | Pentium 4 2.8C HT | Swiftech MCX478 | Vantec Tornado 92mm 119 CFM | Abit IC7 | 512MB Corsair XMS (2x256) | 2x250GB Western Digital Serial ATA in raid 0 | 1x200GB Western Digital IDE | 1x120 Western Digital IDE (total=820GB) | NEC 3500A 16X Dual Layer DVD+/-R | Lite On 52X CD-RW | Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB | Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro | Winfast TV 2000 Deluxe | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | ViewSonic VX910

Shuttle: Shuttle Reflexion 20th anniversary limited edition | Pentium 4 2.4C HT | 512MB Corsair XMS (2x256) | 120GB Western Digital IDE | ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW 128MB | 16X DVD | 6 in 1 Card reader

Laptop: Dell Latitude D800 | Pentium M 2.0GHz | 80GB | 512MB | GeForce FX Go5650 128MB | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG | NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A | 15.4 WUXGA

Hope you all enjoy :D

Damn, does everyone attend that damn school?

I'd post my desk, but I dont have a digital camera. Might bum one off somebody.

here's some more from NJIT...

My setup...
me.jpg

Roommate's stuff...
roommate.jpg

Oh what's this? ANOTHER Yi-Fu calander???
yifu.jpg

Here is my little cramped corner. In the Upper right hans is a swingers poster, a most money movie. THere is my pos best buy computer, soon to be torn to shreds are reborn and my beautiful 2001fp in all its sexy goodness. I hate living in the dorms.
dscn07976wh.jpg
[/IMG]

Javalio said:
Here is my little cramped corner. In the Upper right hans is a swingers poster, a most money movie. THere is my pos best buy computer, soon to be torn to shreds are reborn and my beautiful 2001fp in all its sexy goodness. I hate living in the dorms.
dscn07976wh.jpg
[/IMG]

Messy...You have the same keyboard as me :D

Also, that cellphone looked like it was intentionally "planted" there :p

Michigan State University (McDonel Hall)
dorm001.jpg

the f and f
dorm002.jpg

j.lo
dorm003.jpg

comfy as hell chair
dorm004.jpg

my roommates setup
dorm005.jpg

big ass tv with a custom built mce enclosure below it
dorm006.jpg

my setup and the tv
dorm007.jpg

my setup (closer)
dorm008.jpg

Wow, times have changed. I started college with an Atari 800. By the time I finished graduate school, I had upgraded to a Macintosh SE. I feel old after seeing these college setups. :p

Tman said:
do you guys have an alienware??

no, but both of us were sponsored by alienware for UT2k4 so we both have a lot of alienware paraphernalia (mousepads, shirts, some hardware...)

TSS Modder said:
Creef412: waking up every day to that pic would freak me out just a wee bit. :eek:

TSS Modder: What.. the picture of the two girls making out in their underware. Na doesn't freak me or my roomate out.

updated mine again, college is all about fitting as much crap as possiable in the smallest space possiable
newestdormshotwithtv.jpg

Geez guys.... I'm off to college next year and I was thinking about dealing with just a laptop and an enclosure.... maybe I'll invest in a 710T or something and bring the desktop with me....

SidewinderX said:
Geez guys.... I'm off to college next year and I was thinking about dealing with just a laptop and an enclosure.... maybe I'll invest in a 710T or something and bring the desktop with me....
Wouldn't hurt ya!

I thought most people would only have laptops too but tons of people with desktops and laptops.

Back