• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your AS SSD / CDM benchmarks (SSD only)

[LYL]Homer

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
4,209
We have another thread on HD Tune benchmarks, but I realized we don't have a SSD specific thread.

Please post only your SSD scores as an image (use Alt+Print Screen, paste into Paint) along with system specs, RAID configuration (if any), OS, etc.

AS SSD

Crystal Disk Mark

Here are a jumble of benchmarks I have on various systems at work and home:

Crucial 64gb C300
i7-870, Gigabyte H55M-USB3, WinXP Pro 32-bit, SATA 3gb/s
c300.PNG
c300cdm.PNG


2xIntel X25-M G2 RAID0
i5-750, Foxconn P55MX, Win7 64-bit, default stripe size(128k), RST 10.0.0.1046 drivers
10.0.0.1046%20WHQL%20%2B36hrs.png
10.0.0.1046%20WHQL%20%2B36hrs%20cdm.png


default stripe size(128k), RST 10.0.0.1043 drivers (performance improved from initial score of 259)
10.0.0.1043%20after%201%20week.png
2xx25mg2.png

Same drive/config with 9.6.0.1014 drivers
9.6.0.1014.png



Intel X25-M G1
Dell Inspiron 6400, 2ghz C2D, WinXP Pro 32-bit, drive cloned from HDD
laptopssd.PNG
 
Last edited:
OCZ Agility 60GB
i3-540, H55N-USB3, W7-64

AS%20SSD%20benchmark.png


Crystal%20Disk%20Mark%20benchmark.png
 
Last edited:
OCZ RevoDrive 120GB
as-ssd-bench%20SiImage%20%20SCSI%20Di%2010.5.2010%206-37-05%20PM.png
as-copy-bench%20SiImage%20%20SCSI%20Di%2010.5.2010%206-42-28%20PM.png


CrystalDiskMark_OCZ-RevoDrive%20120GB.PNG
OCZ_RevoDrive120GB_ATTO.PNG



OCZ Vertex2 120GB
as-ssd-bench%20OCZ-VERTEX2%2010.6.2010%207-06-45%20AM.png
as-copy-bench%20OCZ-VERTEX2%2010.6.2010%207-21-15%20AM.png

CrystalDiskMark_Vertex2_120GB.PNG
Atto_OCZ_Vertex2_120GB.PNG


2x OCZ Vertex2 120 in Raid0 on Intel ICH10R RST 10.0.0.1043
as-ssd-bench%202xVertex2_120%2010.9.2010%2012-25-54%20PM.png
as-copy-bench%202xVertex2_120%2010.9.2010%2012-29-43%20PM.png

CrystalDisk.PNG
Atto.PNG



3x OCZ Vertex2 120 in Raid0 on Intel ICH10R RST 10.0.0.1043
as-ssd-bench%203xVertex2_120%2010.9.2010%201-19-29%20PM.png
as-copy-bench%203xVertex2_120%2010.9.2010%201-22-02%20PM.png

CrystalDisk.PNG
Atto.PNG
 
X-18M G1 80gb
i7-870, Gigabyte H55M-USB3, WinXP Pro 32-bit, AHCI
X-18M%20AHCI.PNG


X-18M G1 80gb
E8400, WinXP-32, IDE mode (though it stuttered at times)
X25M_aligned_jk.PNG
 
Last edited:
Areca 1880i (JBOD mode) + 4 x Crucial C300 64gb + Windows Raid0

These things are "read-demons" with relatively horrible write performance, and for me are basically placeholder drives until either SF2000 or Crucial/Micron's next gen. Almost bought some Vertex 2's for the higher write performance, but wanted garbage collection. my usage pattern - hosting system volumes of VM's - is mostly read activity anyway.

ARC-1880_C300_64GB_x_4_Windows_Raid0_4k_clusters_CDM_1000MB.png


SAS2008_C300_64GB_x_4_Windows_Raid0_4k_clusters_ATTO_512mb.png
 
Last edited:
c'mon Computurd you know AS SSD is useless w/ 4G cache. :) remember the "help me buy an SSD" noobs that might get false hopes w/ those numbers and then go and start threads complaining about it. how bout a bench with transfer size > 4GB to show drive performance.
 
Last edited:
well it said AS SSD specifically in the thread title. but sure, im game.
im not as concerened with big numbers, the devil is in the little files my friend :)
4k random of 1880 on the left/LSI 9260-8i with fastpath on the right
titlt.png



but since were epeening might as well throw out a 8R0 from the 9260 while im at it
THEBESTEVERPERIOD.png


umm here is some game loading data from the 9260 as well...beats the fusion i/o rather easily
showingoff.png

ioextremescreenie.png


OH and last but not least....fifth in the world, PCMark Vantage, probably the most demanding storage benchmark on the planet. the only non-980X on the front page, and the only non-phasechange/LN2 rig in the top ten. that is pure storage power, baby! even the number one entry doesnt get close to my array.

http://www.futuremark.com/community/halloffame/pcmarkvantage/
 
Last edited:
G.Skill Phoenix Pro FM-25S2S-120GBP2 (Sandforce-1200)
i7-870, Gigabyte H55M-USB3, WinXP Pro 32-bit, AHCI
PhoenixPro-sandforce.PNG
PhoenixPro-sandforce-cdm.PNG


(This is apples to apples with the C300 and X-18M G1 AHCI above - same computer.)
 
[LYL]Homer;1036353122 said:
G.Skill Phoenix Pro FM-25S2S-120GBP2 (Sandforce-1200)
i7-870, Gigabyte H55M-USB3, WinXP Pro 32-bit, AHCI

(This is apples to apples with the C300 and X-18M G1 AHCI above - same computer.)

How did you enable AHCI on that laptop? I have an E1505 which supposedly is the same as 6400, but I couldn't find a BIOS anywhere with AHCI enabled.
 
The laptop was in IDE mode (X-25M G1), I had the same problem not finding AHCI (post #1). The X-18M G1 was benchmarked in a C2D setup under IDE mode, then an i7-870 under AHCI (post #4).
 
Ahah, I misunderstood what it was being compared to, sorry about that.
 
Compare to post #10 above, same physical drive, just in IDE vs. AHCI.

G.Skill Phoenix Pro FM-25S2S-120GBP2 (Sandforce-1200)
E6550, ECS G33T-M2, WinXP Pro 32-bit, IDE mode
G.Skill%20PhoenixPro%20SF1200%20IDE.PNG
 
Would anyone be willing to post some results of AS SSD in IOPS mode? I'm less concerned with throughput and more interested in seeing how these various drives perform in benchmarks compared to what they claim the drive can do.
 
Here's the same C300 system as in the first post:

Crucial 64gb C300
i7-870, Gigabyte H55M-USB3, WinXP Pro 32-bit, SATA 3gb/s
c300%2010.0.0.1046%20iops.PNG
 
Intel X25M G2 and has been in use for ~6 months or better.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit,
7.2 Windows Experience Index. Patched up to 11/4/2010
Asus P5ke wifi P35 Motherboard
Q9550 @ 3.85
4GB DDR2
GTX 260 192

AHCI:

X25M_g2_As_SSD_AHCI.png


IDE:

X25M_g2_As_SSD.png
 
Last edited:
Crucial C300 128gb
Dell Inspiron E1505, Win 7 Ult 32bit fresh install
asssdbenchmarkc300.png
 
ochadd - what Computurd said, follow this guide:

How to enable AHCI in Windows 7 after Instalation:

There is one way to fix this, although you need to have knowledge of registry editing. The detailed steps from Microsoft are as follows:

1.Exit all Windows-based programs.
2.Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
3.If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
4.Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetServicesMsahci
5.In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
6.In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
7.On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.

After this you’ll have to restart your computer, go to BIOS and enable AHCI. When you log in to Windows again, you’ll notice the installation of drivers for AHCI. Another restart will be required to finish the driver installation.

These steps are provided at your own risk and not suggested unless you know and understand the risks. You will want to make sure the controller driver and MB BIOS support this option before you enable it

Sgraffite - you look to be running in IDE mode as well. AFAIK Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505 series do not have AHCI mode. Still, your scores seem a bit low.
 
[LYL]Homer;1036388014 said:
Sgraffite - you look to be running in IDE mode as well. AFAIK Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505 series do not have AHCI mode. Still, your scores seem a bit low.

Yes, it's definitely running in IDE mode. Does CPU make a difference? I wouldn't think so, but it is a Core Duo T2500 for what it is worth.

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 under the impression that I wouldn't have to do anything to align the partition.

I'm not sure what else to do other than try out that rapid storage driver.
 
any know a software that show your SSD heathstatus etc? im using the intel x25-m g2
 
[LYL]Homer;1036388014 said:
ochadd - what Computurd said, follow this guide:



Sgraffite - you look to be running in IDE mode as well. AFAIK Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505 series do not have AHCI mode. Still, your scores seem a bit low.

Thank you guys. I will try this tonight.
 
Yes, it's definitely running in IDE mode. Does CPU make a difference? I wouldn't think so, but it is a Core Duo T2500 for what it is worth.

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 under the impression that I wouldn't have to do anything to align the partition.

I'm not sure what else to do other than try out that rapid storage driver.

I would try updating the driver. You can verify which one you have by going to Device Manager, expanding IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, then double click the Intel controller, Driver tab.
 
ochadd you need to enable ACHI your 4k-64 are terrible!

224% score increase moving from IDE to AHCI. Updated original post with AHCI values.

It's hard for other users to compare but I ran an AVG 2011 virus scan of my Windows folder and it scanned 972,992 files in 44 seconds.
 
Last edited:
Yes, it's definitely running in IDE mode. Does CPU make a difference? I wouldn't think so, but it is a Core Duo T2500 for what it is worth.

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 under the impression that I wouldn't have to do anything to align the partition.

I'm not sure what else to do other than try out that rapid storage driver.

Chipset can also play a part, I know in my D820 the Vertex 2 is limited by the fact it has ICH7m southbridge which only supports SATA 150. If the E1505 is back in Core Duo era, I suspect that's the case with it as well.
 
I downloaded the Intel Rapid Storage 10.0.0.1046 WHQL drivers and stuck them on a flash drive.

I went to reload Windows 7 with them and it tells me that none are compatible with my hardware. I told it to use the ICH7M ACHI drivers just to see what would happen, and it blue screened. The only choices for .inf driver files that I see are ACHI and RAID, neither of which I have on Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop. I verified it does use the ICH7M chipset, so I didn't arbitrarily choose those drivers.

Am I missing something or can I not use the Intel Rapid Storage drivers on this laptop?
 
True that. I'm really happy with the speed boost it has given me however.

Previously I would have a multitude of 5-10 second waits when doing various things in Visual Studio 2010, sometimes as long as 30 seconds when opening something like the database designer for the first time. Those are all gone now. Also the builds compile much faster.

It is hard to believe that I got this laptop in January of 2006 and it is this fast.
 
Sgraffite - those 10.0.0.1046 drivers just needed to be installed under an already running Windows install. (Verify version under Device Manager, IDE/ATA ATAPI Controllers, choose Intel chipset, Driver tab.)

I think that it would use the 'iaStor' driver instead of the 'intelide' as reported by AS SSD and give slightly better performance, though this would still be under IDE since the E1505 does not support AHCI mode.

I too have had systems with the stutter issue, it seemed that the newer drivers helped a bit but did not solve the problem.
 
[LYL]Homer;1036395136 said:
Sgraffite - those 10.0.0.1046 drivers just needed to be installed under an already running Windows install. (Verify version under Device Manager, IDE/ATA ATAPI Controllers, choose Intel chipset, Driver tab.)

I think that it would use the 'iaStor' driver instead of the 'intelide' as reported by AS SSD and give slightly better performance, though this would still be under IDE since the E1505 does not support AHCI mode.

I too have had systems with the stutter issue, it seemed that the newer drivers helped a bit but did not solve the problem.

I did also test the drivers under an already running windows install. Here is what I did:
1. Extracted f6flpy-x86.zip to a folder.
2. Went to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
3. Right clicked on my SATA controller to update the driver and went through the dialog boxes until I could choose have disk.
4. First attempt I picked iaAHCI.inf, second attempt I tried iaStor.inf
5. When the list of chipsets appeared I chose the ICH7M driver.

Both attempts resulted in blue screening upon restart. That is when I decided to try a fresh install, but that didn't work either.
 
I just tried installing the drivers from iata_cd.exe, and I get the error message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."
 
First run after updating to 1046 drivers from 1043:
nusA10_18_2010121730AMfirstrun-vi.jpg


10 day update after installing the 1046 drivers:
A10_28_2010114205PM10dayupdate-vi.jpg
 
Update on my X25m G2 RAID 0 after about 5 months of usage as my only internal storage on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I'm down to about 60GB free of 148GB. AS SSD benchmark is now what it was with a single drive. 325 single drive and 330 RAID 0. The 325 was after a year of usage as my boot drive.

X25_R0_5months.png

RAID0_5months_IOPS.png
 
Back
Top