Post Your 8800 Series Card Here!!!

You guys would have really busted my balls if I showed these wires also in the picture

They are attached to the inside of the front of my case (antec P150) for sound /USB etc ...
but I dont use em; and couldnt figure out where to put em (I probably could stuff them in my case somewhere)

cordslz0.jpg

revenant said:
hehe.. that reminds me of this pic a little

mbalien4.jpg

anyways, sorry, couldn't resist. I agree with 6footduo tho, get some canned air, zip ties and start over, putting things in one at a time and securing the wiring for each one as it goes in. :)

My computer just shed a tear ...and no I'm not watercooling... :(

totally. lol. yeah, that comp looks like it has shiny techno guts.. kinda cool looking, but it must be hotter than heck in there :eek:

hehe.. ok, my bad for getting things way OT!

Let's see some more 8800GTX nudies!!!!!!

Judging from the legs and the side fans, I'd say it's a Cooler Master Stacker 830.

^^^ Coolermaster Stacker 830...

not too sure but should be close enough :p

Jodiuh said:
That crazy tie-dyed spaghetti action's so wrong it's right. :)

lol!

how the hell did you get cables like that?? i cant even see the power plugins.
crazy...

ok, I found some decals in one of my RC car sets and decided to have some fun..

SKULLZ.jpg

lol. I think it adds a certain flair. :)

That's why they're not on the metal.. plus those are designed to deal with extreme environments being made for RC cars in the first place... I used them on my old RC buggy which went through hell and back.. no issues there. :)

site1049.jpg

Don't have a psu to run it yet and os that I can afford untill linux drivers or I can buy a winxp pro for new system. :p

I am no expert, but to me having that first card right on top of the other one is not a good idea. How in the world is that thing getting air? Just my .02

you are correct, BUT- there's an issue with those motherboards and sound related problems when you put the cards in the pci-e slots furthest from each other, there by making the sound card sit between them.. the temp fix is putting the cards in pci-e slots 1 and 2, then the sound card as far away from the card pair as you can..

revenant said:
you are correct, BUT- there's an issue with those motherboards and sound related problems when you put the cards in the pci-e slots furthest from each other, there by making the sound card sit between them.. the temp fix is putting the cards in pci-e slots 1 and 2, then the sound card as far away from the card pair as you can..

Actually it's an EVGA NF41 SLI, it has 3 PCI-E X16 slots. The middle one is for single card use and the outer two are for SLI mode operation. In those pictures it's in an SLI configuration.

The heat situation isn't as bad as I thought it would be, at least when the cards are at stock clocks. It appears that the blower area of the GTS cooler is ramped down slightly to allow air intake even when the cards are next to each other like this.

This is only temporary for a few weeks until I go C2D anyway.

Blue Falcon said:
Actually it's an EVGA NF41 SLI, it has 3 PCI-E X16 slots. The middle one is for single card use and the outer two are for SLI mode operation. In those pictures it's in an SLI configuration.

The heat situation isn't as bad as I thought it would be, at least when the cards are at stock clocks. It appears that the blower area of the GTS cooler is ramped down slightly to allow air intake even when the cards are next to each other like this.

This is only temporary for a few weeks until I go C2D anyway.

ha.. sorry about that.. I should have been tipped off by the yellow pci-e socket showing on the top there.. *aigh*

anyways, the heat issues on these cards are mostly at the back end where the vents on the top of the cooler are exposed.. that's there the heat pipe takes the heat from the gpu and sheds it.. anyways, you might benefit from a side fan there, but if you're system is running cool enough now then that's all that maters really.. wewt! :)

evga_8800gts_01.jpg

evga_8800gts_02.jpg

evga_8800gts_03.jpg

evga_8800gts_04.jpg

evga_8800gts_05.jpg

Don't forget to take off the protective plastic cover thingy.... :D

evga_8800gts_06.jpg

And it's installed in this:

dell_xps700_01.jpg

im too lazy to make new photo so just ignore the note lol ~~

dont have time to build the new machine so it just lays there ...

Pulaski said:

And it's installed in this:

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/Pulaski_5NFSO/dell_xps700_01.jpg
Wish you could buy that case on its own, that is one sick case in my opinion, mind posting some inside pics.

Thanks.

I love new stuff pics...:D Now let's get a move on w/ that DX10 driver so we can see Adriane, eh?

Here is my XFX. I have overclocked it to 660 / 1960

PS: How can I make the images appear smaller and then resize only when users click on them?

Blue Falcon said:
Use an uploader that does the work for you:

www.bbpix.com
www.imageshack.com
etc

Well, since those sites limit the size of the picture, I use my own hosting service, however, I don't have or see an option to link the images "windowed" to allow the user to click on them and have them open in a different or bigger window....

orion23 said:
Well, since those sites limit the size of the picture, I use my own hosting service, however, I don't have or see an option to link the images "windowed" to allow the user to click on them and have them open in a different or bigger window....

That's called 'thumbnailing'. I'm not sure about ImageShack but I know on bbpix.com and other sites that run the same software there is a checkbox on the upload screen that says "Create Thumbnails". If you check that box and then upload your files, it will generate the thumbnails and the bbCode formatting you need to paste in your forum post.

For example:

Mine came in about a week ago. Just waiting for my Tuniq Tower 120 to arrive and I am going to throw everything together.

Intel QX6700
Intel Bad Axe 2
4 GB of Corsair Dominator 8500 with optional fan
EVGA 8800 GTX
Soundblaster X-FI
Raptor 150
2 x 320GB Seagate Cudas
Other assorted crap ;)

compy3.jpg

Back