Post Your 360 PlayStation

I'm remodeling the second week of April, and hopefully I'll have an HDTV too. I can't wait. :)

111214459_f6a236f34c_o.jpg

Some things are changing in my setup, and I've rearranged stuff. I will post some pics when I'm done.

WOW looks nice, how much was it, if you dont mind me asking
also, is the response time good on the lcd for the 360
How do you have your 360 connected? using component or vga?
THANKS
as for getting rid of the rptv really good choice, the lcd looks sweeter
:)

ratbird said:
WOW looks nice, how much was it, if you dont mind me asking
also, is the response time good on the lcd for the 360
How do you have your 360 connected? using component or vga?
THANKS
as for getting rid of the rptv really good choice, the lcd looks sweeter
:)
Heh, thanks! As for the response time; I was half-expecting to see some blur after playing on a CRT for a while, but, to my amazement (and happiness), it is no different from the CRT RPTV....the response time is great, it looks as good as any TV that you "don't have to worry about response rate" on. ;)

I am using the MS component cables, and it looks beautiful. I am very happy with this TV.
Also, DVD's on my 720p upscaling DVD player look absolutely GORGEOUS on this TV. It uses HDMI, and it just makes DVD's look great! I can't wait to get an actual HD-DVD player, so it'll look even better.

Anyone who has an HD monitor and an Xbox 360 should download the "Cars" trailer, it looks STUNNING in HD!

heres mine, pls excuse the image quality , cant find the charger for my digicam. had to use the webcam

pc.gif

more pics of the case here

laxmiddi44 said:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/hookid/tv.jpg

yea the cords aren't exactly "pretty" or whatever but it works :D
As long as you're happy, then it's all good! :)

lesman said:
Ok, I didtched the 52" RPTV and bought a 32" LCD. It's the "ILO" brand, which some people would stick their noses up at, but ever since I bought a computer monitor from "ILO" a few years back, I love the brand! Anyways, here's my updated setup:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/alienfast/setup/CIMG1590.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/alienfast/setup/CIMG1578.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/alienfast/setup/bob.jpg
What did you do with the RPTV? ill take it :p

paranoia4422 said:
What did you do with the RPTV? ill take it :p
Heh, took it back to the store! Ahem, BTW, it'd do ya good to break the IMG tags! ;)

lesman said:
Heh, took it back to the store! Ahem, BTW, it'd do ya good to break the IMG tags! ;)
BAH, they never got my set back in so i cant afford anything but a LCD which no offense i cant stand

paranoia4422 said:
BAH, they never got my set back in so i cant afford anything but a LCD which no offense i cant stand
None taken; to each his own. :) Anyways, updated slightly.

newset1.jpg

newset2.jpg

newset3.jpg

newset4.jpg

newset5.jpg

just got mine :)

as a side note:
and let me say, I am impressed, although, one thing that boggles my mind, the MS reps keep saying how the graphical power of the 360 hasn't even been tapped yet, yet, i already do notice a slight amount of choppyness on playback's, so it seems to me they actually do not have all that much untapped power, unless it is in a specific part like shaders or something graphical that will not affect framerates.....mostly they are fine, but like i said, during playback at 720p or 1080i there are small moments of obvious framerate lagg

on topic:

will post pics later tonight, but i am playing it on a 46" widescreen Toshiba 46H84 HDTV via the Component cables with a Sony 5.1 Surround unit hooked up via Toslink Optical, and I am very impressed, I am a huge fan of racing games, matter of fact, i got Oblivion, Tomb Raider Legends, and Condemned with it along with PGR3, and now all I have is PGR3 and MotoGP 06, very impressed indeed, been waiting a long time to play games in stunning detail in HD with digital surround, traded my PC for the 360 with those four games, two wireless controllers, a play-n-charge kit with battery, and the Pelican forced air vertical stand +$300 cash, the PC power was being wasted, now me and the wife and kids can enjoy this thing together on the big screen in the evenings, great times!

Forgive the pic quality; they were taken with my cell phone.
Panasonic 1000w 5.1 system, DVD upconverter, HD DVR box
SSPX0129.jpg

Front view
SSPX0143.jpg

Monster Power conditioner/surge protector
SSPX0137.jpg

One for all Kameleon universal remote
SSPX0138.jpg

Monster 360 HD cables
SSPX0145copy.jpg

vexvegaz said:
here yah go

IMG_35132-1.jpg

Would you mind taking a few pictures of the 360 running on that screen? I am considering trading in my 26" lcd for a 20 or 21 inch and then saving the extra money.

Booby McNipples said:
Haha, no kidding. Hey Lesman, who makes that Kameleon remote?
lol....."One For All"...in case you might've missed it! ;) As for the cell phone pic, it's the Samsung A900 "blade", which does take pretty damn good pics for a cell phone.

yeah my friend has that phone and we did a little comparison against mine (Sanyo 7500)...theyre about the same, but the sanyo has macro mode so its better for closeups

Circuitbreaker8 said:
yeah my friend has that phone and we did a little comparison against mine (Sanyo 7500)...theyre about the same, but the sanyo has macro mode so its better for closeups
Sweet. yeah, I wish mine had a Macro mode. Although I probably wouldn't use it. :p I really want the LG "Fusic" phone. I've held it and messed with it, and I believe it's the perfect phone for me. ANYWAYS, to be on topic, umm, nice setups everyone! ;)

theNoid said:
*UPDATED*
61" Samsung DLP HDTV :)
Awesome TV. I have always loved the crispness of the Samsung DLPs. I'm a little afraid of getting a DLP though because someone will show me the rainbow thing and I'll never be able to get it out of my head! :eek: Those TVs are really nice though.

Also, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but the rest of your house seems pretty standard and then you have this huge 61" cutting edge TV and Xbox360. I can see where you spend most of your time and money :)

ThirtySixBelow said:
Awesome TV. I have always loved the crispness of the Samsung DLPs. I'm a little afraid of getting a DLP though because someone will show me the rainbow thing and I'll never be able to get it out of my head! :eek: Those TVs are really nice though.

Also, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but the rest of your house seems pretty standard and then you have this huge 61" cutting edge TV and Xbox360. I can see where you spend most of your time and money :)

you either see the rainbow or you don't, it's pretty much impossible to 'show' it to someone.

Damn it, I want a dlp, but the rainbow makes me physically sick.

I'm pretty happy I haven't been able to notice the RBE on DLP's....I really love the Samsungs, and I'm looking into getting one within the year.

ThirtySixBelow said:

Heh, well I'm currently setup at my parents if that explains it. My roommate bailed on me so I was forced home at lease end to save a few grand before going out in september.

So ya, TV is mine, the rest is mommy and daddys.. heh.

lesman said:
I'm pretty I haven't been able to notice the RBE on DLP's....I really love the Samsungs, and I'm looking into getting one within the year.

Ya I do not see rainbows on DLP so the decision was easy for me ;) I feel sorry for those that see rainbows... I know it must suck :(

Back