Post the ugliest retail case.

Again with the spamming.

Note the title: 'Post the UGLIEST retail case'
That means post one (maybe two if you cant decide).

And as someone said before, the edit button works wonders :)

starhawk stop posting in this thread, we've seen all the shit you want us to see.... thread needs to die.. its on its last legs..

ok... when u kill it i'll be sure to make a new one so ppl can see more ugly cases.

starhawk said:
ok... when u kill it i'll be sure to make a new one so ppl can see more ugly cases.

/me thinks that starhawk needs to get a life, or at least concentrate on looking at PRETTY cases. :rolleyes:

/off topic

thanx for the blast, buzzard34... :mad: tell me, are you as ugly as your namesake in real life, or just online? :p sorry i couldnt resist a comeback.

actually, i wouldnt mind running a thread on pretty cases... and, unlike my mac se mod thread, it might actually get some hits.

/on topic

there will always be an ugly pc case... if this thread is "dead" lets figure out which case gains the dubious honor of being the "ugliest retail pc case"... so we can congratulate the manufacturer (with mud pies)

most people here would like it since they are afterall PC users.

Its an ugly case, I'm not going to argue anything else.

i find myself envisioning the 'beverly hillbillies' scene where granny is shooting the banker as he runs away...

i like *all* the nzxt designs, as well as the viper... though i agree that the aluminum foil case is hilarious. hmmm... might have to drop a couple old comp components i got lying around (none newer than about 91) in my sandisk box and post that :D that one would probably win the prize.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr... i have a dell and it may not look like a rocket ship, but they are amazingly robust. i once removed *this is not a fish tale* nearly 1000 chunks of spyware from one dell computer. it is a testament to dell's engineering that that computer could function relatively well until an internet connection was established.

starhawk said:
grrrrrrrrrrrrr... i have a dell and it may not look like a rocket ship, but they are amazingly robust. i once removed *this is not a fish tale* nearly 1000 chunks of spyware from one dell computer. it is a testament to dell's engineering that that computer could function relatively well until an internet connection was established.

I once removed a Salmon from the inside of a Compaq. Cheers to Compaq for making a computer that can withstand fish.

:D chucklechuckle*groan* that *is* a fish story... and its full of carp.

:p no that was not a misspelling. just a really bad pun.

I don't think Dell's engineering has anything whatsoever to do with a rig's ability to whitstand spyware and other malware... Heck Dell ships them with as much crap as any other OEM manufacturer, the one thing I used to appreciate from Dell was how clean they'd setup the OS but lately the systems I've seen from them are no better than the HPs and others.

Their cases on the other hand are not all that bad and look pretty spiffy imo. They've never dabbled in designs that were too annoying to upgrade unlike others ('cept for the whole propietary PSU issue a few years back) and have become quieter and quieter lately. They're pretty plasticky but don't look cheap or feel flimsy.

true on all counts, impulse. although i never did hear about the psu issue...

i'm thinking of replacing the 120mm fan on my Dell with one that lights up...

anybody suggest i upgrade the proc hsf as well?

Impulse said:
Their cases on the other hand are not all that bad and look pretty spiffy imo. They've never dabbled in designs that were too annoying to upgrade unlike others ('cept for the whole propietary PSU issue a few years back) and have become quieter and quieter lately. They're pretty plasticky but don't look cheap or feel flimsy.

Lately, I've found this has been getting worse too. The desktop designs are the worst, using case-mounted buttons for the CD drives that can stick and are a cast iron $#@! to unstick, proprietary internals with cooling setups that are sorely lacking considering how tightly they pack the gear in them. The black color of their current stuff looks good, but they definitely placed form over function.
The towers are a little better, but there's way too much plastic involved, the latches for opening and closing them can be a real pain (i.e. one side opens easy, the other doesn't). I have a lot of Dells at work; the best I can say about their current stuff is that their systems and support (now that it's back in the US) are still better than their competitors. Too bad too, some of their older stuff (P3 towers) were some of the best I've seen.

My only complaint towards Dell is that they do not build fancier-looking computers... except for the XPS (which doesn't look all that great to me) they have basically ignored us modders...

thats actually not bad for a server case. There are some truly ugly cases out there but that's not one of them.

actually that case right there is nicer than the other ones by that brand.

actually, i think the xasers are pretty cool.

besides, you get 2 free fan controllers built right in :D

:D rotflmao

i'm at college, i have 4 courses and almost no homework... so i waste all my time here :p might as well do something halfway useful that i enjoy... beats crashing my heap toshiba with a game- i have to use a windmere clip-on 9" fan and a targus chillmat just to keep it from overheating every five min.

:cool: don't mind it... it's funny!

anyone posted these?
xblade-k.jpg

xblade-b.jpg

xblade_rd2.jpg

xblade_sv3.jpg

xblade_yw0.jpg

It may have been posted, but I tryed going though all 16 pages and gave up after 10 or so.... so apologies in advance for the repeat... ;)

299.jpg

:rolleyes: it actually made the 1st page... odd, tho, i actually like it. *snort* then again, i think that windy jazz thing would be cool if it were in black, with a lower price and a better name- i actually like the shape of it.

I hate those ass holes who go out and get one of those "cool" cases, and thiink their computer kicks ass.... I love my Antec SX835II its not the best looking case, but its huge and easy to use.

Bugalaman said:
I hate those ass holes who go out and get one of those "cool" cases, and thiink their computer kicks ass.... I love my Antec SX835II its not the best looking case, but its huge and easy to use.

thats a case with LOTS of modding potential...

Yeah, my first case was one of these . I was able to cut one large etched window into the bottom half of the door, one supply fan up in the center of the top half, and cut a small window (back when coolpcmods was selling the tiny 4x4 samples for a buck each) up by the power supply. Some lights and a blinking led, and I had my first mod......

that weighed a TON!! Man, that case must weigh 50 pounds!! LOL :p

actually, those systems look sorta cool. tho their actual utility is determined by the innards... you wouldn't believe some of the wow! computer designs i've seen at compusa that wouldn't run minesweeper and word 97 at the same time, let alone *real* apps.

sev said:
It may have been posted, but I tryed going though all 16 pages and gave up after 10 or so.... so apologies in advance for the repeat... ;)

299.jpg

I saw that case posted on like page 3 or soemthing, then promptly bought one, cause I like it. I built it for a customer, in silver and gray, not black and blue. It's actually a nice case. I may be building some more systems in that very same case.

I just want you guys to know that I have gone blind after going through these cases. Thanks alot.

Can't we just agree that all these cases are ass ugly?

Back