Post rarest console game in collection!

I have a bunch of atari jaguar games that I would think are pretty rare.

Also have some nice old school sega cd games as well as some neogeo games.

For the saturn I have the christmas nights demo disk that I know was worth some money for a while. Also have one of the dragon ball z games for the playstation that was expensive as hell for a while.

For the saturn I have the christmas nights demo disk that I know was worth some money for a while. Also have one of the dragon ball z games for the playstation that was expensive as hell for a while.

DB GT final bout is the PS1 dbz game.

NeoGeo, Turbo graphix 16, Jauguar, 3do are all very rare and I have none of them so points for any of these games and consoles.

Very nice so tempted to buy a game gear just to have this in my collection.

I have Shining Force: Sword of Hajya for the Game Gear too. It's probably my favorite Game Gear game, though the one thing I didn't like about it was there was no town exploration. You make stops at towns, but you just have a screen showing the image of a street (if I remember correctly), and you just use left or right to highlight either the church/temple (to resurrect characters), the shop to buy stuff, and then something else... maybe just to exit the town. You never get to walk around, talk to people, etc.

I have Shining Force: Sword of Hajya for the Game Gear too. It's probably my favorite Game Gear game, though the one thing I didn't like about it was there was no town exploration. You make stops at towns, but you just have a screen showing the image of a street (if I remember correctly), and you just use left or right to highlight either the church/temple (to resurrect characters), the shop to buy stuff, and then something else... maybe just to exit the town. You never get to walk around, talk to people, etc.

yeah they got very lazy it seems because Shining force CD was like that as well, not a huge impact but it did take a little something out of the game.

alot of people listed Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana, i have it too, guess it's not that rare.

How about Mystic Quest SNES? Anyone have that?

Lets see....
I have a Nintendo Virtual Boy with almost all of the games
Have a Sega CDX (miniature Sega CD/Genisis system)

For PC:
Subspace (Now called Continuum, and free/player run) from Virgin Interactive, I think I may be the only person on the planet to have the actual CD :p

Still have some of my Kings Quest 5 1/2 floppies

Thats all that comes to mind :p

Ð

i have phantasy star online for dreamcast, also the rare hack version for the gamecube that featured two player, not sure on grandia 2, I know i have one but think that might be the playstation one game
Panzer Dragoon Saga is impressive considering there were only 4,500 or so copies in the US
Thrill kill as well because it was never formally released

I don't think anyone has mentioned this one yet, I have Magic Knight Rayearth, which I think (could be wrong) was the last game to be released on the Saturn in the US.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this one yet, I have Magic Knight Rayearth, which I think (could be wrong) was the last game to be released on the Saturn in the US.

you are correct. I don't have it but I remember having a chance to get it but passed for some reason I think the game didn't look very fun for me.

I have Thrill Kill for the og PS.

It was dropped by the publisher as being too violent. Its pretty badass.

It's crap.....:D

The nurse sitting on the opponents face and moaning was hilarious 15 years ago tho :p

Have a Sega CDX (miniature Sega CD/Genisis system)

Cool, never even knew that existed! Nothing beats the behemoth that was Megadrive1+MegaCD1+32X tho :D

you are correct. I don't have it but I remember having a chance to get it but passed for some reason I think the game didn't look very fun for me.

I was drawn to it by the 2d animated cutscenes and the the fact that it was published by Working Designs who in those days went all out with packaging and making the gamer feel like they bought something special by having full color manuals, little insider tidbits in the manuals, interviews with the voice actors, etc.

So even though the game was average, I still had a fun time with it and played it all the way through without ever getting bored.

Some others that I had that I didn't mention because I'm not sure if they're rare; The Adventures of Willy Beamish for the Sega CD and Rise of the Dragon for Sega CD. Both were awesome. I unfortunately didn't have Snatcher though.

*edit* I love Prize Fighter, I still put it in every few years to play through it. I was never hardcore enough to memorize the video patterns well enough to play without the visual cues though.

A real copy of thrill kill is impressive I played a copy. I liked the game in it's time it had 4 player battle which was fun. And the no arms crazy guy was da shit.

Subspace (Now called Continuum, and free/player run) from Virgin Interactive, I think I may be the only person on the planet to have the actual CD :p

No, I have one as well. Cardboard surrounding a plastic tray where your disc goes.

Tricky choice. A few of them - all of these are complete:
... proceeds to list a ton of games...

Rare... not really. A lot of your games are in high demand, but not rare. Though, the "complete" aspect of rarity applies to every game under the sun. Thumbs up on your collection though, those SF3 Extension disks are a pain to find even when they were available.

Hrm, rarest console game that I have... I'd have to say "Tengen's Tetris". It was only available for a short time before being obliti-sued by Nintendo with hundreds of thousands of copies destroyed. It has a A- rarity rating due to there being like only a few thousand copies out there total.

I have a working vectrex with Space Wars and mine storm. Pretty rare I feel becouse generally when I say i have one most people have no clue what I'm talking about.

I too have a working Vectrex although the controler up/down springs don't return it back to the center. I know what you're talking about! :D

Mine is probably Radiant Silvergun for Saturn followed closely by Panzer Dragoon saga or Shining Force 3.

I was gonna buy that, too. But it was $70 when it came out and I didn't have enough money. Everytime I went to the mall i went to EB Games to just stare at it. A few weeks later I noticed it wasn't there anymore. Sad sad day for me... :(

I think I have Shining Force 1 and 2 collecting dust somewhere. Ah, memories...

I have a few Jaguar/Jagur CD , SNES, N64, Virtual Boy, PSX games but I would have to say, this is my pride and joy.

I do have Alien Vs Predator for the SNES and the Jaguar but I don't have the boxes. Just the game.

if someone had a copy of grandia 2 and phantasy star online for dreamcast i'd be mildly impressed

Have both, but not that rare in comparison to many other game listed on here..

I have both as well... I never thought or considered them to be rare. Well, Grandia 2 would seem to be "more rare" then PSO, but I don't know... some of the games people have been mentioning, which I may also have, I just never thought of being rare.

uh, I think everyone in the world had/has this...
Totally agree. FF7 sold like gangbusters, there are an absurd amount of copies out there. It's just greatly in demand.

Actually, by the numbers, I bet the rarest game in my collection is a (possibly still-sealed) GrimGrimoire. I don't think more than about 6k copies got sold in the US. Vanillaware's titles have always been underrated, IMHO. It's not even that valuable... right now.

I have some Jaguar games that are so rare they shipped as real games burned on cdr.

I also have tengen tetris for the nes.

I have some prototype lynx games that are just pcb boards too.

I have GrimGrimoire but heven't even played it yet sitting in my opened games pile with Persona 4, Shining forces exa, Tales of the Abyss, Odin's Sphere, Growlancer 4, and Blue Dragon.

I have some Jaguar games that are so rare they shipped as real games burned on cdr.

I also have tengen tetris for the nes.

I have some prototype lynx games that are just pcb boards too.

Those are in a whole nother catagory of rare than most other games, Limited production and OLD as balls.

We could set up a point system for Age, availiblity, and demand. Tegan Tetris would be very high.

Secret of Mana for SNES. Not super rare but the rarest game I own. Looks like the price on ebay is down to $31 for a 'Buy it now' option. I think I paid $50 for my copy.

Metal Gear 1/2 (NES), Original Mario/Duck Hunt (NES), Super Scope w/ cart (SNES), Intelligent Qube (PS1), Star Wars: Masters of Teris Kasi (PS1), FF7 (PS1, not greatest hits, actual release copy)...can't think....

I don't know how rare, but I also still have the original R.O.B. the robot for the NES in mint cond. as well as the Gyromite game to go along with it.

I also have the original Panasonic 3D0 (not the top loader, but the actual disc tray version) and a ton of games for it including the original Need For Speed (it was sim based then), Road Rash, Return Fire (still wrapped), Plumber's Don't Wear Ties (still wrapped), and a whole bunch of others. Don't know if it's worth anything though.

Hmmm. Probably unopened copy of Puzzle Fighter II Turbo for PS1? Maybe Xenogears (this one's opened)?

hucards.jpg

Def, my rarest.
PS, I'll do anything for a copy of Soldier Blade, if anyone can find it. Turbochip games used to be all over ebay a few years ago, now they are nowhere or expensive as hell.

My Intellivision games...
DSCI0177Medium.jpg

I also have a PS1 game called Beyond The Beyond plus the Prima strategy guide for it...not too many people know about it but it was actually the first RPG released on the PS1.

Back