Post Pics of your SLI or Crossfire Builds (I know its dead)

View attachment 655380
This was my first and last SLI setup. Dual GTX1080ti on X99 platform and a i7 5960X. I figured this would be a good rig for VR, boy was I wrong. SLI was only worse in VR than a single GPU.

I ended up removing one of the cards and putting it in my HTPC rig. SLI was so disappointing with the micro-stutters or just simply not working at all.

The only positive outcomes were that I got to put a 1080ti in my HTPC and the enormous PSU I had to buy to power it (a 1200w Seasonic) is still going strong and has plenty of juice to power my current RTX4090 rig.

Edit: correction, this was my second SLI rig, my first being GTX980ti in the same rig.
You came to late to the party. The 1080ti was the last SLI setup I put together. Had been doing SLI systems for years. I dumped the second GPU and have been single card since.

You came to late to the party. The 1080ti was the last SLI setup I put together. Had been doing SLI systems for years. I dumped the second GPU and have been single card since.
Same. My GTX 1080 Ti's were the very last ones I bought and I had been doing them since the GeForce 6800 Ultra days. I also had the Voodoo 2 SLI 12MB SLI setup back in the day. When the RTX 2080 Ti came out, it wasn't as fast as my GTX 1080 Ti setup in all cases but it provided an overall smoother and more headache free gaming experience.

olkMr7F.jpg

980ti strix sli, crap pic

^^ gorgeous ^^ I love me a good black and red theme. You should have painted the Nvidia logo on the SLI bridge heh.

Back