Post PICs of your old cards!

hey im running a 6600gt sli still id love a 7800 though it wouldnt be that much faster. the extra memory would help.

im still on my "old" 7900gs that plays world in coflict, oblivon, farcry and almost everything else at max settings

What did those turbo buttons do? I remember we had one on one of our old computers, a long time ago.

I think they increased your CPU speed on the fly, not unlike overclocking it. I remember my buddy had one and the little LED on the front said "33" as in 33MHz, and when he pushed the Turbo button, it said 66. BLAZINGLY FAST:D

Yep... I had one of those also... I had one which said "hi" and "lo" also.. lol. I think a more accurate description was that it was an underclocking button.. so you run underclocked when you don't need the extra power.. then with the press of a button you can switch to full speed. the switch between 33 and 66 (and there was 25 and 50mhz also, in that era) was a simple multiplier adjustment.. 33mhz bus, (bus) 1:1 (cpu), then 66mhz was 1:2. the 66 and 50mhz cpus were DX2 chips.. because of the 1:2 ratio on the bus. All that stuff used to me done with jumpers.. so that switch just connected to the jumper for bus/cpu ratio. meeeeeemories. :)

Wooooooow...

I've spent the last two hours or so reading through all this. What a great stroll through memory lane. Makes me want to kick myself for getting rid of all my old 3dfx stuff...

The purpose of the Turbo button, IIRC, was to allow folks with faster computers to kind of "downclock" their machines in order to play games that relied on clock speed to also maintain game speed (Lazy programming? Sure. That's how it was at times, though...). Obviously, nowadays it's not needed. It sounds cool, though =D

As for my older cards... None of these are MY pictures, but it's the best I could do <.<

E145-7892-main3.jpg

My EVGA 7600GT KO. Sold it to a buddy when I helped him build his system. Of all my cards, this one spent the least amount of time in my hands. Not to say it wasn't a good card at all, I loved it. My buddy loves it too. It allows him to play WoW.

B52-7866-main2.jpg

Ah, my first taste of a "high-performance" card. It was also my jump to PCI-E. I was so happy to have this card, because I could finally play modern games. I bought this card at the very beginning of '06 and it still sits as the second video card in my system. Why is it the second card in my system? I dunno. I wanted to fill the slot I guess... And, y'know, just incase I every want to run 4 monitors or something <.< Well, that, and I prefer it's TV-Out to my X1950XT's... This card was my biggest leap, though. Why? Because...

7425580-2-200-0.gif

This is the beauty I had before. A lovely Radeon 7000. Had like.. 32mb o' DDR? I believe I got my hands on this card in uh.. 2001. Built a system for someone out of my old parts and that was my reward. Yea.I ran it until January of '06. I have no idea how I survived gaming with this thing... I squeezed every bit of life I could out of this it... I OC'd it to hell and back, and was so happy I could at least play CounterStrike with fast framerates. Didn't do too much else, though <.< At least it was a bit better than what I had before it...

index.inc_html_7ad891d6.jpg

I thought I was doing the right thing, buying into the big brand name of 3DFX and their shiny VooDoo 4. I think it was late 2000 or early 2001 when I nabbed this card... Wow, was I uninformed. It played Quake 3, though. Which was my first "new" PC game since Doom II.

I don't remember what I had before that... Some Diamond something or other with like.. 2mb of Ram. Maybe.

Currently enjoying my X1950XT. Not that I don't lust for more. But if I didn't, I guess I wouldn't be all that [H]ard, huh?

well I'm finally getting rid of my 6600GT SLi. I got a 8800GT in the mail and I'm quite excited. so I'm posting these puppy's as my old cards. I'm going to miss them.

DSCN0624.JPG

by the way I'm selling them on the [H], and there is one left... :D

*Cough* :D

I've got one like that in my machine, cooler and all

it lasted me pretty well the past 4 years until giving up just recently

yeah these cards have lasted me a loooong time all i did was play counter strike 1.6 and source and hell they were great for it. but now i want to play something different.. :D

266b73e7.jpg

f8bf5fea.jpg

Old as hell. This was like, a bajillion cards ago.

BFG 6800OC w/my 3000+ S754 Newcastle & DFI LanParty UT NF3 250GB.

Which old cards are truly "collectibles"?? Just wondering because I came across a couple of old video cards while I was moving. One's a leadtek geforce 2 ultra, and one is a diamond s3 virge. I'll take pics when I un pack my camera.

the old GF2 U should be a collectors item.. well, maybe after a while longer.. :) I think the true collectables now are the old voodoo cards.. especially the multi-proc ones 5500 and 5/6000 (rampage?)

Which old cards are truly "collectibles"?? Just wondering because I came across a couple of old video cards while I was moving. One's a leadtek geforce 2 ultra, and one is a diamond s3 virge. I'll take pics when I un pack my camera.

Nothing is a collectible unless it either was produced in very limited numbers and so very few are out there, or they have nostalgic meaning to you. GF2's and S3 Virges were produced in the millions, even after their shelf life had expired. They are worthless unless your cards mean something to you.

My first video card was an ATI Graphics Solution Plus from my IBM XT in 1987. It had a whopping 128K of RAM. Here is a picture of the card from my father-in-law's computer which is still working.

atigsp800-full.jpg

newsale026ap3.jpg

eVGA 6800 128MB AGP with Zalman HSF

nice. That brings me back. My last video card for my AGP system was a 6800GT AGP looked exactly like that one.

i would say the collector cards would be the "SLI" multi proc Voodoos and then havving like 4 of them to SLI. now that would be rare.

resurrected for the new cards coming out. I know you have an old card laying around. Dont you remember the memory's?

Would post pictures of my old cards, if I still had them.

Let me just state them and in no order.

3DFX Voodoo 3 3000
XFX GeForce FX 5200 PCI 256MB
XFX GeForce MX 440 SE 128MB
ATI Radeon 9200
Dell-branded GeForce 6800 PCIe 256MB

Missing a lot of cards but these are the only ones I have pictures of which I took so I could list them up for sale :) Running a non-reference 4870 now though :D

6800U002.jpg

DSC01893.jpg

Why hold on to old card.

If you're referring to me, I sold the 7950 GX2. As for the Voodoo3, why not hold on to it? It's not like it's worth much, so there's not much point in selling it, and I wouldn't wanna just throw it out. I'm sort of a pack-rat with things like that anyways. :)

my first gfx card would be a this S3 PCI card with 4MB vram

s34mbpci.jpg

then to Geforce4 MX AGP card with 32MB vram, i still got this card but inside my sister's PC.

then moved to Gigabyte Geforce 7100GS with 128MB vram

geforce7100gs.jpg

then move to Sapphire HD 4870 with 1GB vram :D

7100gswid4870.jpg

I'd put up pics of my collection of cards (Trident 512k ISA, Savage 4, Voodoo III 3000, some Matrox and others) if others hadn't already posted pics of them :)

If you're referring to me, I sold the 7950 GX2. As for the Voodoo3, why not hold on to it? It's not like it's worth much, so there's not much point in selling it, and I wouldn't wanna just throw it out. I'm sort of a pack-rat with things like that anyways. :)

:D After seeing the PCI antiques in this thread, I'd hope he was not referring to your card. I still own my 7950GX2, and you can't give me one reason why I should sell it. Its running in my workbench PC, and that PC is full of oddball hardware.

Asrock SATAII 939 upgraded to an AM2 5000+ BE OC'd to 3.2 (via riser card)
eVGA 7950GX2 (SLI on a board that never offered SLI)

is a rage pro turbo AGP considered old? If so, is it a collectible?

I also have a GeForce MX440 I think (dont remember the actual model number)

Resurected!!!!

Because i have acquired some old cards, i wanted to share in my old, but epic, thread....

2011-12-08%2021.29.44.jpg

Top left to right: 7600GS 512MB, 7600GS 256MB, HD3650 1GB, 7500LE ??mb
bottom: FX5500 AGP 128mb, 7950GX2 , X300

The funny thing is there is a lot of talk about the 7950GX2 in this last page.. and that card was in the lot i got a few hours ago! So i had to post it!

nice necro... I'll post up my collection later.. I got part of my collection in display cases now.. wewt!

Nice. this thread should have a lot of potential now with the new cards coming out. Post them up people. It makes for good searches.

I got this crazy idea to try and show off older pc hardware.. did this much and haven't done much since... but here's the general idea.. (and yeah I know the order isn't chronologically correct, sigh)
(I got the display cubes and Lucite stands at The Container Store)...(and yes, can you say Nvidia fan?? when I get more room I'm going to do an ATI spread also)

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

...eVGA Geforce2 Ultra, Chaintech Geforce3 ultra ti200, MSI pci-e 6800GT, Gainward fx5900ultra, PNY fx5700 ultra (gotta love the purple pcb :)), Chaintech fx5700 ultra, Albatron Geforce4 ti4800se (monster overclocker), Gainward Geforce4 ti4600 (golden sample), MSI Geforce4 ti4200...
...on the bottom STB Riva128, BFG 6800GT OC AGP, Leadtek winfast Geforce4 ti4200..

6800 ultras in SLI on a DFI nforce4 expert... was pure hardware sex back in the day
IMG_0158.jpg

love the box art on this one
IMG_0160.jpg

and the good old riva128
IMG_0162.jpg

Last edited:
I've had this Riva TNT sitting on a shelf for years, but the heat sink went missing... dunno where that went.

Very nice revenant! Makes me wish I had held on to my old cards and steal your idea.

^^ thanks. it came out better than I had pictured it in my head actually. I need some more space now. :p

Very nice revenant! Makes me wish I had held on to my old cards and steal your idea.

I got many of these over the last year on ebay actually. That gainward 5900 was like 600 new and I think I paid 9.99 for it. crazy! it was soooo dirty though, I spent a couple hours with canned air and q-tips cleaning it. I always loved the shots of that one with it's twin blue led fans all spooled up :)

from now on I am keeping at least one of all my cards for display / sentimental purposes. :) I did own most of those cards at one point though but sold them and re-bought... the gainward geforce4 is one I never had but picked up from another forum member.. I never had a geforce3 card either but wanted one to help complete the collection.. I need to work my way into the 8800GTX and forward era..

Last edited:
Back