• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Possibly getting a SC

heflys20

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 27, 2010
Messages
1,492
Whelp, I'm thinking of getting a sound card.......I haven't had one in ages (I think :confused:), and would like to see how it compares to an on-board unit.

Currently, my on-board unit is the Realtek ALC887 8 channels.....(whatever).

In terms of sound cards, I was looking at these potential options:

Xonar DX or D1 (doesn't matter):

Azuntech Bravura (can't find Forte, plus I heard the Bravura uses a software version of the X-FI hardware. Is this true?)

X-Fi Titanium or Fatal1ty Pro Series (are Creative's drivers still bad?)


Anyway, those are the current models that fit my budget. I might be able to do a little more. I mostly play games and listen to music. 60/40 respectively. Also, I heard that the Xonar might be inconsistent in terms of EAX emulation.
 
I had a 5.1 from logitech, which, unfortunately had short in it. Currently, I'm using semi decent (extremely generic) speakers from this brand Cyber Acoustics (?).....I might get better speakers, or simply get a headphone set.
 
Get good headphones. The Logitechs you did have and the current set will not benefit from anything better then onboard audio.
 
Looking to upgrade my speakers too.....Considering the Logitech-Z-2300, since it's $80 on amazon.
 
Back
Top