Possible to configer power plan for battery and power plan for AC connection?

techtips

Gawd
Hey everybody, I'm wondering if there is a way of configuring the power plans that if I am using my laptop and the AC is hooked up, windows will switch it to High Performance, and when it is on battery it will put it down to Power Saving mode.

I've looked through a few settings and couldn't find it, does anybody know if this is possible?

AFAIK, no, but you can edit the power plans.

You could first create a new profile then:

Control Panel>Power Options>Edit Power Settings, click "Change advanced power settings".

Then change what components you want running or at a percentage however you want on battery or AC.

On my laptop it already has different power plans for "on battery" and "plugged in". You should be able to just modify those any way you want.

On my laptop it already has different power plans for "on battery" and "plugged in". You should be able to just modify those any way you want.

Yes I realize that, but I was wondering if there is a way that once I plug into AC, the power plan automatically switches to high performance, and if I unplug AC then it switches to power saver.

Windows will automatically switch according to the sitchy. When it's on AC, it will use the "plugged-in" profile, when on battery...

Yes I realize that, but I was wondering if there is a way that once I plug into AC, the power plan automatically switches to high performance, and if I unplug AC then it switches to power saver.

Windows will automatically switch according to the sitchy. When it's on AC, it will use the "plugged-in" profile, when on battery...

Yes, this is exactly what mine does, which is why I was confused. Maybe there is an option somewhere to enable/disable automatic profile switching, and you have it disabled?

change your plan settings for A/C and battery as desired and then apply them. Windows will automatically use the new settings depending upon the power source.

Back