My curiousity has led me to making this thread, as I fear not doing so may possibly damage my computer. So here's the issue: After gaming for about 5 hours or so the back of my computer gets, well, hot. The GPU (Sapphire HD 5970) exaust vent is hot to the touch to the point that it would actually burn your finger slightly if you left it there for 30sec-1minute (no, I haven't tried). Now I'm wondering if this is normal or not. Should I be thinking of water cooling? I honestly hope not as I'm terrified of the idea and concept.
BONUS QUESTIONS! (I apologies)
Can someone link to me a GPU temp reader that's not Everest? I currently use a fan controller that has little temp node wires that I have taped (provided) directly to the hardware. The one taped to the side of my GPU reads at around 52c, to sometimes even 63c after a few hours of usage. Not sure if that's reliable, but I thought I might as well keep you guys informed.
Are these normal CPU temps for prolonged gaming sessions?
52c, 50c, 54c, 50c
And max currently stated on Real Temp for my I7 920: 62c, 59c, 61c, 56c
Any advice would be appreciated greatly, thank you.
BONUS QUESTIONS! (I apologies)
Can someone link to me a GPU temp reader that's not Everest? I currently use a fan controller that has little temp node wires that I have taped (provided) directly to the hardware. The one taped to the side of my GPU reads at around 52c, to sometimes even 63c after a few hours of usage. Not sure if that's reliable, but I thought I might as well keep you guys informed.
Are these normal CPU temps for prolonged gaming sessions?
52c, 50c, 54c, 50c
And max currently stated on Real Temp for my I7 920: 62c, 59c, 61c, 56c
Any advice would be appreciated greatly, thank you.