• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Possible HDD issue

bbs lm-r

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
307
I think my HDD might be starting to fail on me, but i'm not sure.

Crystal disk info tells me (caution) [current pending sector count: 14]
[uncorrectable sector count: 1]

But i've also done the quick and extended tests of WD's Data lifeguard diagnostic and for both tests it gives me a PASS.

so I'm unsure of what to think here, should I not be worried about this?
 
Download the CD image of Hitachi Drive Fitness Test, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP/Vista install CD. Test the hard drive and see if any problems are found. DFT will run on most manufacturers' hard drives.
 
Hm, i already had a copy of it, dunno why I didn't test with that.

ran both short and full tests, both completed successfully giving me code 0x00, which means no errors.

I don't know, if it ends up being an absolute must, I guess ill just have to replace it :/
 
Back
Top