Possible FRAUD ALERT: someone is trying to use my eBay ID to rip [H]'ers off here!!!

yenniedn

2[H]4U
I was just notified through by a member here through my "2yen" eBay account that someone here has opened an account using that same "2yen" name on [H] and claiming to be me.

He's not posting the For Sale threads in the F/S/T forum but is PM'ing people in reply to their WTB ads. He's referencing my eBay profile for the extensive feedback there - but that is NOT his account! My [H] user ID is "yenniedn" but on eBay, I'm "2yen" where I'm a Top-Rated PowerSeller.

I do NOT own an account here under the name "2yen" so anyone that contacts you using that account and referencing my feedback IS A FRAUD. The email he's using is [email protected] - which is NOT associated with me or my "2yen" eBay account in any way!!!

I have to take my son to school right now but wanted to post this info up ASAP. I'll post more after I return and have more details!!!

I am the person who alerted him, I paypaled for a 2600k and havent heard since so I tried email through ebay and was alerted that 2yen on here is apparently not who he says he is. I have filed a paypal claim and forwarded the pm's to yenniedn we will go from here. I have also alerted someone else who has paypaled for a 2600k which is what got me wondering in the first place.

Wow. I knew something was fishy about him. He was offering me a unlocked 6950 with arctic cooling extreme cooler on the card for $240.

Lame that people have to resort to this.

[H] community win that we are on to this

hope everybody gets their money back

Paypal claim started and I will also be contacting my bank and reporting it as a fraudulent charge if I dont see some movement. Thanks to yenniedn for responding so quickly!

Hey guys - I had a lot of other things to be doing right now but just rushed home from dropping my son off at kindergarten to get this BS resolved.

How do I get a [H] mod to look into this guy's bogus account and ban it? His profile is here:

http://hardforum.com/member.php?u=235206

He joined just five months ago and has only TWO posts. My real "2yen" account has been on eBay for over 13 years and I've been "yenniedn" here for about 4 years now. I've worked really hard to establish my repuation on eBay over these 13 years and I'm super pissed off that some punk is trying to use my own eBay ID to smear my rep!

Can a Mod please get involved in this ASAP?

Paypal claim started and I will also be contacting my bank and reporting it as a fraudulent charge if I dont see some movement. Thanks to yenniedn for responding so quickly!

Thank you, Dieseldog49, for letting me know about this - it looks like it's already pretty bad for the people he's scammed but it could've/would've gotten a lot worse if we didn't find out about it.

Now the hard part - we have to try and clean it up.

Just to be clear I in no way think yenniedn is involved in this and I in no way want to dirty his rep here or on ebay. He has been nothing but helpful so far and responded exceedingly quickly.

if they don't got current heat and alias listed, i stay away from.

Thank God that a-hole hasn't started a Heat account under my eBay ID as well! I just checked and there's no 2yen on Heat - which is correct since my Heat is also under "yenniedn".

Just to be clear I in no way think yenniedn is involved in this and I in no way want to dirty his rep here or on ebay. He has been nothing but helpful so far and responded exceedingly quickly.

Thank you, again, Diesel.

Now how the hell do I get a Moderator involved? Where's my buddy Crosshairs when I need him? Is he still a Mod (I haven't been active here for several months)?

Should I just email Kyle? That's the only email I can find under the "contact us" link at the bottom.

Some dick did this to me on Anandtech and got banned. Moral of the story, make all your user names the same.

Also, just leave this up here and a mod will see it and regulate soon.
matrix is online right now.

ahh, looks like he got me too. I'm filing a claim right now. thanks for looking out diesel

Some dick did this to me on Anandtech and got banned. Moral of the story, make all your user names the same.

Also, just leave this up here and a mod will see it and regulate soon.
matrix is online right now.

Damned - I never thought about it and already have another eBay account under yenniedn as well. Either way, this is very disturbing. I belong to way too many forums spanning too many different hobbies to go back now and get all the names lined up. What a mess!

ahh, looks like he got me too. I'm filing a claim right now. thanks for looking out diesel

Sorry to hear of this - and hope you funded your paypal payment with a credit card so you'll have an extra layer of protection should the paypal case get screwy. I wonder how many people he's already scammed so far?

Anyhow, I've emailed Kyle (not expecting a reply) and have PM'ed Crosshairs (who I've had multiple transactions with here on [H]) so hopefully we can start to clear this up soon. As far now, I can't put off my other appointments any more than I already have so I have to leave. I'll check the thread on my iPhone but won't be responding until I get home unless a reply is really needed for some reason.

yenniedn, any chance you've got a pile of i7-2600k cpus you could actually sell us? lol

I got another PM from member 'edmedina' very similar to the fake '2yen' guy very soon after. Might want to look into him also.

I responded to your PM david, also pleae be careful on speculating if someones legit. we dont want to spread any unfounded rumors. If anyone else fishy contacted you pm a mod directly.

I have talked to a paypal agent on the phone they say that they should be able to get this resolved( hopefully) in the next 10-20 days (facepalm)

When I filed mine it immediately came back and said the seller could not receive emails at this time. I wonder if he closed the account he gave me that quickly. Obviously that would be a huge red flag to them.

This is why search any e-mail address that someone gives me on Heatware. Checking someones post history can also give you a good idea on the type of person that you are dealing with.

Please keep us updated, I will file with my credit union if paypal doesnt move quick enough.

Another thing you may want to do is list your Ebay screen name as one of your Heat aliases. That is what I did since my Ebay is different from my other forum names.

OK, I'm done with my errands for today.

Just got back and no sooner did I sit down did I get ANOTHER message through ebay from [H] member Blur(2) asking me to buy some Best Buy gift cards, which of course, I don't have.

Looks like this guy is VERY active and looking to scam as many people as he can, as fast as he can before everyone catches on.

I hope you guys all get your paypal disputes worked out in the end. Having been on eBay for as long as I have and doing as many transactions as I've done, I've pretty familiar with Paypal policies so I'd be happy to (try) to help out whenever I can. Just let me know.

Ok should I have my bank file against paypal and take the cash (they say they can get it to me today or monday) or go through their channels? I cant escilatie it to a paypal dispute for another 6 days :(

Damn't I just bought a Kinect from this '2yen' guy yesterday. Ahhhhhhh

Goddammit - it really pisses me off to no end hearing my ID used in such a manner. I know you're referring to the imposter but that ID has been with me for so long it's kind of part of my identity and it just makes my hair stand on end having it associated with this scam!!!

Last edited:
Tried to sell me an Amazon GC using 2yen's eBay account as a ref, fortunately, the legit ebay 2yen clued me in before I sent money to the crook.

I am just glad I figured this out before he could get more people, who knows how much more hard he could have done over the weekend.

Goddammit - it really pisses me off to know end hearing my ID used in such a manner. I know you're referring to the imposter but that ID has been with me for so long it's kind of part of my identity and it just makes my hair stand on end having it associated with this scam!!!

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. Luckily, I didn't buy the whole package he was trying to pawn off on me, he wanted to sell me all his XBox games when all I needed was a Kinect for my little brother for xmas. I could have lost a lot more...

the funny thing is his account is still active and his status currently is pm'ing, most likely trying to scam more people. can we get a mod on this ?

well I would call this his one chance to make things right before I start taking more serious action.

well I would call this his one chance to make things right before I start taking more serious action.

I've run across a number of frauds both as a seller and a buyer - and there's almost zero chance that he'll come clean or do anything to make it right for any of you guys (or me for that matter). All he's going to do is continue to try to scam as many people as he can and run with as much of the money as he can get away with. It's not what you want to hear but that's typically how it goes.

I expect that but it is across state lines and after a certain about the charges get pretty serious, I am hoping it might have an effect seeing everyone he is scamming working together but if not then fine, I have had this sort of thing before and will work within the system

I expect that but it is across state lines and after a certain about the charges get pretty serious, I am hoping it might have an effect seeing everyone he is scamming working together but if not then fine, I have had this sort of thing before and will work within the system

Unfortunately, if you buy/sell online - sooner or later you'll get burned on one end or the other. I've been scammed several times by some pretty stupid people (which makes it easy to make a case against) and a few that were more clever and covered their tracks better. When a large(r) number of victims of one scam find out together that they've been scammed, there's usually a lot of outrage (expectedly) followed by a lot of determination to get together and get resolution as a group. That typically lasts for a couple of weeks before many people get busy with their lives and can't/don't put forth the same energy to pursue the fraud.

Work as a group if you can - but don't count on it ultimately being your saving grace in the end. Follow the paypal dispute/claim procedures - then pursue it through your financial institution if paypal can't recover your funds. Your best bet is if you paid by a credit card, you can do a chargeback through the card company. If you funded it through your checking account, your options will be more limited.

Yes I am aware I was scammed once for several thousand dollars back in 2003 and never recovered the moeny. My CU sent me a form which I am about to send back and say they will have the cash taken from my account back to me today, unfortunately $20 of the $212.57 was in my paypal account so I will have to wait on them for that.

dealing with the NYPD for case's online, i am saying online, if he scammed you say in CA, and he lives in say FL.

You call the FL Police, they will tell you must lived in the same state as him, for them to do anything.

Wait, nobody thought to send a message through ebay to confirm the owner of the Ebay account?

Back