• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Possible BIOS issues???

ROCnRoll

n00b
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
7
I have been having issues with my two hard drives. When installing WoW and all its wonderful patches, I continue to get a CRC error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled WoW on 2 different drives (both slave and master) and both give the same CRC error. I have even borrowed a friend's WoW disks just in case mine are damaged (even though I see no damage). I have 0'd out both drives and upgraded from XP64 to Vista 64 to no avail. I have no other issues with any other program or game other than WoW. Since installing Vista, my drives continue to send Vista into a fit when trying to install programs...the 2 drives pick and choose when one is stable and when the other is not.:mad:

Now I'm starting to have issues with my DVD burner recognizing blank media (DVD-R, DVD+R, and CD-R).:confused:

Talking the problem over with IT guys at work, they suggest a BIOS upgrade... all the upgrades on ASUS page are for 32bit systems.:confused:


Here is my build:

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 2.4GHz Socket 939 Dual-Core Processor

2 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3120022A 120GB 7200 RPM 2MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA

2 gig RAM

LITE-ON Black DVD-ROM 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM
 
It seems that the problem only occurs when your DVD drive is in use.
 
Well, Nenu was right. I bought a ASUS DVD drive and everything is working.

Thanks Nenu
 
Back
Top