Possible bad seller on [H]

Status
Not open for further replies.
............also he owes people on eBay....one of them $3000......That's a felony amount!

Have you opened the Paypal dispute? I don't understand why you are calling his father and such? It's on paypal to chase the money, not you. Being a middle-man and not a bank I'm pretty sure legally you didn't pay him anything. You paid Paypal. Paypal paid him and as such it's their money to chase.

If you haven't filed that dispute then I'm not sure what else there is to say. If you have and he either hasn't responded or hasn't produced signature verified tracking information then it's very likely you are getting a refund from paypal.

I think you are in fairy tale land with the pressing charges stuff. This is very small potatoes. To meet a criminal burden of proof it would have to be proven beyond ANY reasonable doubt that his intent from the start was to defraud you. To build a case like that it would cost the prosecuting agency many times more than your very small claim and chances are good you aren't the legal victim here anyway. You could chase a civil claim but that isn't "charges" and the local PD wouldn't have anything to do with it anyway. Even then if you've been refunded you'd have a hard time showing what damages you incurred and again it's Paypal that is out the money here (assuming you've filed that claim) not you.

I'm not certain, but doesn't Paypal only refund your money if the seller has it in their account? If he emptied the account I'm pretty sure they can't/won't do jack shit.

OK...let's be clear here. He moved back home to his parent's house and had his cell disconnected. I don't think his father wants the sheriffs at his door. Paypal is sitting on their ass on this and yes I FILED A CLAIM. $650 is not small potatoes to me.................since I am out of work now!...are we done here?

Yes sir. We are certainly done here.

Good luck!

I'm not certain, but doesn't Paypal only refund your money if the seller has it in their account? If he emptied the account I'm pretty sure they can't/won't do jack shit.

From my experience if they had a junk account they could have dumped it to a temp bank account or bought something with the money or sent it to a friend and closed it and Paypal won't do anything in that case since there is no way for them to get the money back to you.

Ok this should be my final entry......the money HAS been refunded to my account just minutes ago. So thanks for all your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back