Possible bad seller on [H]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlvrne

Weaksauce
Here's is my problem I purchased a rig from a member (dllfiles12) last Friday Aug 19th. The last contact with him was Monday Aug 22nd when he said he was "packing it tomorrow". I have tried several times to contact him with no luck. I do not want to over react but I am out a decent amount of cash and can not afford to be. As you all can see I am a noobie here so I need to know what advice you all may have as to what course of action I should take.........thanks.

if he sent it the day he moved like his post said i would give him til monday to at least have enough time to get situated at his new place. also what shipping did he use? i'd give him at least the minimum amount of time the package should arrive from the 22nd to your place. so if he used standard ground shipping that would be 7-10 days from aug 22nd or 23rd.

He was last online at 2am this morning...are you trying to contact him by PM?
do you have his personal info and phone number?
What payment method did you use?

he has decent heatware, so hopefully he has just been busy..
I will send him a PM and ask him to contact you

I used paypal. "if" he sent it I understand the time to get here but he was suppose to send tracking info. Also he has not replied to my emails here or directly and he has been on here since I sent them.

If he sent a full sized desktop, chances are he didn't send it very fast shipping. Parcel can be 2-9 BUSINESS days. I say your over-reacting.

that's what I'm hoping, but I would have liked a tracking number at least.

Well you should make sure you get as much contact info and make sure it's legit, and check their heatware also.

Open a paypal dispute. There simply is zero reason to not communicate for 6 days straight. NOBODY is that busy and it's usually a great way to get people to take you seriously.

Open the dispute. There is no harm done if it shows up and you are only making yourself wait longer to get your money back if it doesn't.

he will refund to you, check his ebay it seems he sells the same thing over and over
ask all his previous buyers and you can see that he usually refund to them but he never ships it out

Speculation is never that helpful but, seems odd a member for 2.8 years and all positive heatware sells like this....

I do not care if he was moving or what his excuse is, if he does not have time sell items and ship them off in a timely agreed upon manner, then he should not be selling them in the first place, it is not rocket science.

his ebay is dllfiles
you can check it there

you can also look at his previous thread and ask the buyer of his items about his trading practice

I also purchased an item (Macbook Pro) from him and sent payment on the 19th. I've sent PMs through HardForum and also an email to his Heatware/Paypal address with no response.

I'm not condemning anyone... but if you look at his completed items in the last 15 days, it looks like he might have cut and run.

6095250330_5151bbc7a4_b.jpg

I mean.. if he managed to get that money out of paypal for those 4 auctions for 1400$+ each, and then split with the cash you guys gave him... I personally would try to get in contact with the authorities ASAP. He also was online here 2 days ago.. I wonder if he acknowledged any PMs.

I'm not condemning anyone... but if you look at his completed items in the last 15 days, it looks like he might have cut and run.

6095250330_5151bbc7a4_b.jpg

I mean.. if he managed to get that money out of paypal for those 4 auctions for 1400$+ each, and then split with the cash you guys gave him... I personally would try to get in contact with the authorities ASAP. He also was online here 2 days ago.. I wonder if he acknowledged any PMs.

damn...that is super fishy...especially since he shows no pics of the actual item for sale...i would definitely file a ppal claim. i hope he didnt already get the funds out.

I see I am not the only one. This guy is clearly a Troll! I ask the site to ban him before he strikes again. I am without power due to the storm so will be on when l can.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone who purchased from him and did not receive tracking info should file a claim with Paypal immediately. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and say he has a reasonable excuse, but a Paypal claim is still the way to go. If he comes through in the end great, but the buyers should protect themselves now.

What he is doing is internet fraud and that is a crime covered by the FBI. I do not know how or why he has gotten away with this for this long. If he was reported here then I would have never dealt with. He should be labeled a Troll!

What he is doing is internet fraud and that is a crime covered by the FBI. I do not know how or why he has gotten away with this for this long. If he was reported here then I would have never dealt with. He should be labeled a Troll!

I hope this works out for you, I really do.....in the mean time you should certainly file a claim with every agency possible.

I would also appreciate it if you refrained from any name calling.

I certainly hope I am. not in trouble for stating the obvious. I mean if it looks and walks like a "T" don't get mad at me for sticking up for myself and others here. I may be new here but I am no kid and I have respect for your rules as it seems he does not. Thanks for your time.

I certainly hope I am. not in trouble for stating the obvious. I mean if it looks and walks like a "T" don't get mad at me for sticking up for myself and others here. I may be new here but I am no kid and I have respect for your rules as it seems he does not. Thanks for your time.

your in no trouble, and I understand your frustration, but it benefits everyone involved if the thread stays on topic and is presented in a concise adult manner.

conjecture and name calling wont help anyone..:)

that's what I'm hoping, but I would have liked a tracking number at least.

If he just did USPS Parcel Post without signature confirmation, there won't be a tracking number - at least not one that *works*! (stupid USPS)

Ok can an administrator please email me (personal email not here) dllfiles12's contact info. I know he said he was moving but that could just be part of his ploy as he has said it before. I need to forward the info to the proper authorities.

okay i bought a mbp from dllfiles12 before, but right after i bought it i did more research on him and i found out it's too suspicous plus i contact previous sales thread he made here and the people who pm him all told me that he's generally don't contact them after the sales and refund them later. i realized that it's not worht my hassle so i did a paypal chargeback on him and he refunds me the money afterward. hope that it can help you

I filed a paypal claim. they are looking into it. just to be clear this is for an entire rig not just one component. I can not afford to lose the cash to him.

Crosshairs, I still need his info from here or I can not finish my report to IC3. Please send it to me asap. Thanks.....

Crosshairs, I still need his info from here or I can not finish my report to IC3. Please send it to me asap. Thanks.....

You cant get that info from me....we do not supply personal info just for the asking.

any personal info must come from Kyle, and without a subpoena I don't think your gonna get it from him either.

This is why we tell people to get all personal info before the trade takes place..if the person will not supply it, you may want to look elsewhere for your stuff

so what you your saying is that Hardforum won't help me and that dllfiles12 will be allowed to continue ripping people off here and who knows where else because nobody wants to get involved or do the right thing. My whole point was to keep the site out of it as much as possible. I made the mistake of trusting someone here. Someone that has been here for years apparently running his personal scam unchecked.....sorry I bothered you.

Last edited:
everyone trades here at their own risk.....its the first paragraph of the rules that you agreed to when you entered the FS/FT forum

without trying to sound like I'm rubbing it in, you seem to have failed to protect yourself, and now your looking for someone else to do it.

you should already have all of his info, if not, that was a mistake on your part

Welcome to the For Sale/Trade Forum. The FS/T forum has its own set of specific rules and has a required 50 post minimum to participate. WARNING: Do not spam the forums to reach the required minimum, your posts will be deleted or your account banned outright. Please read their rules before posting in this forum. [H]ard|Forum is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any loss due to any sale or exchange of any item in the For Sale / Trade forum. Caveat Emptor!!

so what you your saying is that Hardforum won't help me and that dllfiles12 will be allowed to continue ripping people off here and who knows where else because nobody wants to get involved or do the right thing. My whole point was to keep the site out of it as much as possible. I made the mistake of trusting someone here. Someone that has been here for years apparently running his personal scam unchecked.....sorry I bothered you.

I really hate to play Devil's Advocate here, but even though [H] CAN just give you any of the information this person has given to them, it's in their best interest not to, unless directed to by their lawyer(s) or the authorities. Certainly not simply just because a member has requested the information.

They're just protecting themselves in this situation, which is what they ought to do. It may not sound fair, or sound like the "right thing to do", but those are subjective terms, and can lead to legal trouble. An unbiased party would not just be tossing personal information around like it's candy.

I get all that and I know it's my fault and not yours but when you know someone rips people off and you let it continue then you are part of the problem not the solution. I do not see why he is allowed to continue here........and why don't we have a section for reporting people here instead of telling use to check another forum?

I get all that and I know it's my fault and not yours but when you know someone rips people off and you let it continue then you are part of the problem not the solution. I do not see why he is allowed to continue here........and why don't we have a section for reporting people here instead of telling use to check another forum?

Would you expect them to just hand me your personal info? We have no idea who you are, why you are here or even if you have anything to do with the seller in question yet you expect the staff here to just take your word for it and hand over someone else's info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back