POS Elitesystems

Capfarland

Limp Gawd
I have an old elitesystems k8t890-A motherboard that died after about 2 months of use, that has been in my closet for the past year or so. now previously, I had this board exchanged twice, the first board was DOA, the second time, all seemed well for about 2 months until it suddenly died after leaving it in standby mode. I tried bringing this motherboard back to the Frys location which I had gotten it from, they were as helpful as they could be and eventually, they did put the money I paid for this motherboard towards the purchase of my Abit motherboard I am using now.

The motherboard basically died instantly, for no reason after leaving it in standby mode for a few hours. It would not post, oddly enough, only the cpu fan seemed to spin on, the PSU was not at fault because I had tested it in another computer. There were no post beeps, etc. I was told by the technician at frys that the motherboard was just very poorly made and that they had been receiving them back in droves. They said I could keep the dead board, for whatever reason, so I tried messing around with it to see if I could fix it to no avail. it would be nice to salvage it, and perhaps build a PC for a friend.

I am most curious to hear anyone else's experiences with this motherboard, After pulling it out of the closet and remembering what a nightmare it was.

That's interesting because I've used several ECS boards I've gotten from Fry's specials (online deals) and I've never had a problem with them. I guess it varies by actual board.

Strange but of late ECS has actually improved their quality in the past year or so. No way would I count on one for an OC monster but the reliability factor has gone up for a basic entry level board.

The can also make a nice cross over board for someone on a budget as well because from what I’ve seen a lot of them will take DDR or DDR2 RAM and a PCIE Video card or an AGP card.

Back