Portal 2 Sentry Turret USB Desk Defender

>$40

Its at fucking most a dollars worth of plastic and parts

It doesn't even fucking move/look around etc

Paying $40 for this is bloody stupid, you could build one yourself probably for $10

Hell I see people making fully automated giant sized versions like a foot tall for less then $50

I thought I saw something similar a while back with actual movement and it shot foam projectiles.

its cuuuute!! expensive but so what? so is vodka and it doesnt leave anything cute on my desk, just hangover uuunnnnnnnnnngh!

>$40

Paying $40 for this is bloody stupid, you could build one yourself probably for $10

Hell I see people making fully automated giant sized versions like a foot tall for less then $50

Maybe but I bet they aren't paying a licensing fee. ThinkGeek (or more accurately the manufacturer) has to pay that.

>$40

im in for 2 at 10!!

i think is sweet. i would leave it on my desk at work to protect my stuff.... and who says the cake is a lie?

This would be super awesome if it was simply battery powered, great christmas tree ornament :D

If it was double or triple the size then I'd be interested. $40 for something that probably has 5 dollars worth of plastic/motor/logic boards is a bit over the top .

Maybe but I bet they aren't paying a licensing fee. ThinkGeek (or more accurately the manufacturer) has to pay that.

ThinkGeek's markup is a bit higher than you realise.

Recently they had other Portal related products, such as their "Smart Putty" line of colored putties but colored blue, orange and white after the gels in the game.

They were on sale recently. $1.99 for all three when they were normally for $14.99 each.

In case you're wondering. Yes. There is such thing as too much silly putty.

Wait how does it defend your desk? It looks like it just makes noise...

$5? yes

$10? Maybe

$40?
lol.gif
no

I would get one if it also turned from side to side, and could track movement. Wouldn't even add much to the cost. If they had to make it a bit bigger to accomplish that, would be fine.

As it is the only ones who will appreciate it at all really, are people who have played Portal.

If it acted more like a real turrent, everyone would like it, alot more would be sold, and it would likely turn more people on to portal as well.

C'mon guys, make a better one. I'll buy it. I'll even pre-order it or kickstarter it.

+1 Cute chick...

-1 $40 for a few ounces of plastic and a voice box...

For $40 I would expect it to be at least a foot tall and shoot pellets or something. Maybe even rotate.

Yeah, if it were 6 inches or more tall, rotated around (even if it was just an oscillating pattern until it "detected" movement) and shot some pellets or something, I'd for sure pay $40 for it. As it stands, it's just too tiny and doesn't do enough to be worth $40 IMO.

Er, apparently it's 7.5" tall? Doesn't really look that big.

I guess a foot then, like CompMage said.

"Preparing to dispense product" I'm going to use that line on my wife - if you know what I mean. ;)

I know of a usb sentry turret that you aimed with your mouse and had a laser. Really cool, actually shot nerf darts. I think it was around the same price. Having not played portal, not really a must have item. Some hard diy work if you want a good one, but at $40, not for me.

Back