• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Poor Sequential Write w/ SSDs in Raid 0

baldrik

Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
817
Well the drives certainly don't feel slow, but the benches tell me there is an issue somewhere. Fresh install of Win7 Premium after a secure erase on both drives. System specs in the sig. What is could be causing this and how would I go about fixing it?

ssdbench.png
 
To me this result is expected / good. Its pretty much double the single drive speed.

59136.jpg
 
Last edited:
I suppose I was looking to see something higher than the advertised max sequential write speed of 500 MB/s.
 
You are absolutely right. I knew the Sandforce drives didn't play well with non-compressible, I just didn't realize how bad it really was, or that as ssd/crystaldisk benched with so much non-compressible data.

Now I know, and knowing is half the somethingorother...
 
Last edited:
...there is also the issue of sandforce controllers and writing large amounts of data (ie. benchmarking), which is kind of a catch 22. not sure how RAID /TRIM and all figure into that.
 
...there is also the issue of sandforce controllers and writing large amounts of data (ie. benchmarking), which is kind of a catch 22. not sure how RAID /TRIM and all figure into that.

I did not know that about the large amounts of data either.

To what do you refer to with RAID/TRIM?
 
Back
Top