Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by AORUS, Aug 28, 2018.
Yes or no Cast your vote
Pre-Order a 2080Ti, not satisfied with the performance of my Vega 64.
You forgot "Waiting for Kyle and Brent to weigh in" on the poll. If either the 2080 or the TI can handle a solid 60fps @ 4k in current titles with everything (other than ray tracing) at ultra... I'm down. I'm down like dirt.
So you meaning is I should close this poll thread and wait for Kyle!
If Kyle want me to remove it I will
Not until I see some results of 2080 ti vs 1080 ti.
No. My 1080 does just fine.
Waiting for 7nm next year.
I have a 2080 Ti preordered. Reviews will solely determine whether or not I'm buying a second one .
He's saying that 'wait for [H] review' should be part of the poll questions, not that Brent/Kyle have an issue with this poll.
The biggest thing I'd like to know is if the current pricing is where it's going to be the next two years, or if the $1200 2080Ti is just launching now as a Ti instead of as a Titan, and will still drop to the $700ish price range in a year or so when the Ti would've launched as per their last few generations.
My 1080's marginal at 4k, so I'd like to upgrade but if all the extra die spacing for ray tracing and AI cores mean that on the 90% of games not using the new features it's only marginally faster than a 1080Ti would be I'll probably wait another year for the 7nm version.
I'll buy a Pascal card at these prices. A firm NO.
Depends on the performance.
Depends on amortisation. Things are complicated by how much more physically difficult it is getting with ever-shrinking nodes, and it also depends on whether or not NVIDIA will continue to add so much die space to consumer cards. A 12nm 775mm² chip may cost a lot less in 2 years, but a 7nm 775mm² chip may cost the same or more.
If you're going from a 1080 to 2080 or 1080 Ti to 2080 Ti, then it is going to be moderately faster in most games (30-50%).
depends on benchmark results. i'm due for an upgrade though, so hoping performance justifies the price.
I'll have to see what it can do before even considering it. Easy for me because I'm already on a 1080 ti. I don't need it but if they come out and kick ass I'll want one.
Option 7 Go and buy a new Evga 1080Ti and use the 90 day step up program if the 2080 is huge leap above it.
For that price it needs to be a world beater...
My 1070 is getting it done at 1440P, so no new card for me.
Probably going to see how the 2070 and 2080 shake out compared to a 1080 ti at 4K. Going to be hard justifying a 20xx card if the 1080 ti is sub-$599. Could always buy a 30xx or 40xx series down the road when RTR is matured and supported in more titles.
I was going to get a 1080 but now I'm going to wait for the benchmarks to see if I'm going to step up to the 2080ti
I'm giving this a miss, far too shady to get involved with. And a foot stomp is required.
I'm interested to see what AMD does with 7nm, their drivers better not screw me over!
If nothing better comes out I'll not be buying a card this year.
Not at these prices. Sticking with my wc 1080ti. Raytracing will not be ready for another 2 generations if what leaks show to be true.
I go a solid 50%+ gain going from my 980ti to my 1080ti while staying in the same price bracket. The only way I'm buying into the 20 series is if it has mind blowing performance. That 2080 founders would have to be at least 60-70% faster than my 1080ti for me to consider that insane pricing scheme.
And I don't mean in some off the wall marketing gimmick set of settings where the 1080ti is running 4x ssaa and the 2080 is running dlaa. Across the board performance in current games or no dice. I guess that means I'm "waiting for benchmarks".
Depends not just on benchmark scoring, also on when and how much the price comes down.
As it sits my 1080ti is good enough for now. Perhaps it will last like my 8800 gtx did.
spit balling here:
1. Too much to spend as I try to keep my gpu under 500 so used deals are super good and where its at for me right now.
2. my current gpu tier is keeping me plenty happy (1440p 144hz)
3. Nividia is being even shittier these days as a company
4. 7nm is not too far off for both camps
5. Inner AMD fanboy won a pitched battle and I picked up a used Vega 64 to mess with (hotter , louder, thirstier gtx 1080 baby! See number 3.)
Those who do pre order what is the return policy if you actually receive the card and decide against it? I get that you aren't charged until it ships and could cancel up to that time but is there any downside? Like a restocking fee or you pay return shipping? I actually understand why someone would go ahead with it though. Pascal launch sold out super fast and cards became scarce and went up in price for a bit even before cryptopocalypse so get it while you can if you REALLY want it.
Still the best FPS for your dollar if you don't care about trying RT at home this next year or so is a used 1070 or better.
Poll sucks. Need an “Already pre-ordered 2080 Ti” option.
It needs how many did you pre-order.
It's been impossible to pre-order a 2080 Ti ever since the first couple of hours it was out. Everytime I get notified, they're all gone in less than a minute.
2080TI means pre-order everyone knows that! this Poll have been posted like this on many forums and you are the first I can see to question it like this.
Thanks for your opinion but I will not change it if you still not happy next time you can start the poll.
There’s like a five minute lag. You gotta sit around hitting F5 :/
Polls on other forums
Makes sense. Most of the market is not the target for 1k+ GPUs. Here on [H] I expect more people to preorder one because you know [H].
Reserved a EVGA Ti 2080 XC Ultra at Microcenter. If it's not ~2x faster than my 1080 from ~2.5 years ago I went pick it up.
Meh... 1080Ti gets it done well enough for me.
My 1080Ti's are only making about a $1 a day each. So if anything, im switching back to AMD. I could probably pick up 8 RX 580 8gbs for the price of one 2080ti.... For those times i actually have 20 minutes to game, my laptops RX580 already maintains higher fps then my screens refresh rate on max settings.
Waiting for benchmarks before I do anything as I've been itching to replace my GTX 970. But I also need a new CPU/Mobo/RAM and that might not happen until Oct/Nov anyway.
Copy + Paste.